Jóhannes Vilhjálmsson Adjusting to Professional Game

MWHazard

Ottawa_Citizen-logo-DC6361FC86-seeklogo_

Jóhannes Vilhjálmsson Adjusting to Professional Game
By Denis Desharnais

The Ottawa Lynx have dropped their first few contests this season, and some are wondering just how steep the learning curve will be for the Vilhjálmsson triplets as Season 59 progresses. The trio have shown flashes of their VHL-quality potential, and a lot of eyes are on them in the Ottawa hockey community. This is especially true for the centerman of the trio, Jóhannes Vilhjálmsson. The center position comes with a lot of expectations about one's ability to organize the forwards in both attack and defense, and there are no exceptions for 18-year old Icelandic behemoths. Jóhannes has shown some degree of capacity to lead his line, but his game is unpolished and it will take time for Ottawa's coaching staff to orient him properly. Observations from early contests in this young season have suggested that one area he is improving in is his awareness and defensive responsibility. The Lynx could use some of that right now, especially given how much they're leaning on this inexperienced roster. The other two triplets will have a lot of that responsibility as well, but as we know, its usually the center that has to shoulder the load. They apparently make shoulders large and wide in Iceland.

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Since I'll have a top 3 pick the only way I'm not taking one is if I win the lotto and grab Velevra at 1, so I'd say it's highly unlikely. @Beaviss

People didn’t think the Sedins would be together ;)