Reviewing my Suggestions

Bushito

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Well, I think Boeser potentially becoming over 1000 TPE is relevant, because the point you're making there is regarding activity levels. Boeser has been growing this whole time at a 1000 pace with high activity. The only reason he might not make 1000 is because if I rebuild, there's no use keeping a really good GM player on a rebuilding team when I could just recreate and have a different GM player be good at the same time my rebuilding players become good.

Just remember 1250 TPE is the new 1000 as well. When this was written the bonus TPE wasn't a thing.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Dont get me wrong, getting draft and being open to do shits is nice

2nd player is just cancerous

Second player is great. I think it should still be an option. Opens up more draft possibilities and makes things interesting all around. You don't like it due to the extra work involved. Not everyone is fit for it. That is why it was put in place for those who can handle it. I haven't been able to but would that stop me from trying again? Most certainly not. I am trying to be more involved with the VHL again and that could help.

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

You don't like it due to the extra work involved.

do you say that to the guy that earns max tpe for both players ?

the work load isn't an issue for me, but it is for a lot of people. The whole concept of player 2 just tires people more rapidly. It against the whole longevity of the site. 

2nd player project was delusional 

11 minutes ago, boubabi said:

the work load isn't an issue for me, but it is for a lot of people. The whole concept of player 2 just tires people more rapidly. It against the whole longevity of the site. 

If it tires you out though, then just don't do it. It's really that simple. Player 2 was optional from the start, so I don't know why anyone would be bothered to do it if it's exhausting to them. You can very well make your Player 2 a welfare guy and still have a form of success. Especially with the 12 capped per week now, claiming welfare and doing a job, or some press conference questions etc can get you a good amount of TPE per week. Then comes the training camps, predictions, etc and you don't need to be highly active for all of that.

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

If it tires you out though, then just don't do it. It's really that simple. Player 2 was optional from the start, so I don't know why anyone would be bothered to do it if it's exhausting to them. You can very well make your Player 2 a welfare guy and still have a form of success. Especially with the 12 capped per week now, claiming welfare and doing a job, or some press conference questions etc can get you a good amount of TPE per week. Then comes the training camps, predictions, etc and you don't need to be highly active for all of that.

you talk like people knew that. They don't. They all think they have time and the ability to manage 2 players then bam, mental breakdown.

stop trying to make the player 2 project happen, it won't. it failed and it will fail again

35 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Again the player 2 is for those who can handle it.

23 minutes ago, boubabi said:

you talk like people knew that. They don't. They all think they have time and the ability to manage 2 players then bam, mental breakdown.

stop trying to make the player 2 project happen, it won't. it failed and it will fail again

The player 2 was good, just some people tried to take on too much work and it hurt them.

yes, because it's not a long term solution, and it caused more trouble than good

plus, being part of 2 lr (or 2 times the same) is horrible.

I don't think your analysis of the player 2 project is spot on. Anyway, I'm sure the team in charge of that understood that and will do whats the best for the league, aka no 2 player project (other than gms)

1 hour ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Second player is great. I think it should still be an option. Opens up more draft possibilities and makes things interesting all around. You don't like it due to the extra work involved. Not everyone is fit for it. That is why it was put in place for those who can handle it. I haven't been able to but would that stop me from trying again? Most certainly not. I am trying to be more involved with the VHL again and that could help.

Amen

2 hours ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Higgins just thought you would back him up since he was cornered. No pun intended.

nah bushito brought him into it insinuating boubs bypassed the 2 player GM rules with both his players on Helsinki for some reason

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Haven't seen that so not sure what you are hinting at.

Here it is: on page 1 of the thread.

4 hours ago, Bushito said:

Yeah lets pull our heads out of our asses here

@Bushito both players on his team

@STZ both players on his team

@Banackock both players on his team

@DollarAndADream both players on his team

@Higgins both players on his team

@boubabi both players on his team

@hedgehog337 only has one VHL player

@Beaviss only has one VHL player

@Tyler is the only GM in the league with a player on another team

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

He is stating both players on on said team.

it's a list of 8 GM + boubabi who isn't under any gm rules, so it made no sense.

Anyway that was the initial tag of boubabi in the thread for your answer.

9 hours ago, boubabi said:

If you're having a mental breakdown from it, then stop doing it. There's nothing stopping anyone from taking a break with one of their players. I've taken weeks off of one of my 2 players multiple times. There's been plenty of times where I really didn't want to do 2 players amount of work, so I just didn't. It's that simple.

If people feel obligated to force themselves to update 2 players because they have 2 players, then that's their problem. Just take a break with one if you feel exhaustion. Sure, your guy takes a hit in TPE if you don't update him, but in the long run, it's not a huge impact.

It really depends though. Even a welfare player 2 is useful on a GM's team.

• Commissioner

I agree with @boubabi for what it’s worth. The argument against removing player 2 always was that it was a choice whether or not people had to have two players but how many really chose against it? And once they had those players how many felt like they were letting their teams down if they didn’t perform?

It’s easy in hindsight to say that people could have just chilled out or taken some weeks off or what not but the fact remains that they didn’t. The fact remains that a lot of guys who took on two players found out they couldn’t handle it and it wound up burning them out. I wish we could say that the people who can handle two could still have two but the fact remains that the only way to do that is to open it for everyone and we have proven that burns people out.

I’d rather see draft classes with fewer guys who are more active than more guys who are burnt out by their second season because they are trying to do too much.

1. Make the second round of the draft purely off standings - Playoffs and lotto should have no impact on the second round of the draft just like real life. Worst to best picks in order, especially now with no conferences. (NOT DONE)

Bit confused by this suggestion:

1 - Unless there's been a change while I've been away (which looking at the past drafts and the current rulebook, it looks like there hasn't been), we've never factored the lotto into the second round of the draft. 

2 - I can't think of a real world example where the playoffs aren't factored for specifically for the second round of the draft onwards, they're either considered for the entire draft (NHL, NFL) or not at all (NBA). 

In truth, I don't think it's a great idea either as things stand. With the current makeup of the league, teams are often well aware that they are guaranteed playoffs places with a half-decent roster, so they can afford to agree to make their moves closer to the deadline to reduce cap spending and bring in potentially more talent than they would have if they'd made the moves at season start. Given that the trade deadline is over two-thirds into the season, this means season standings aren't a great indicator of how good a team is ending the regular season, and thus subsequently entering the following season. If the league was more competitive (E.g. 7 or 8 teams all vying for the playoffs), then I could see the argument for making the 2nd round purely off standings, because teams wouldn't neccessarily be able to take the risk of leaving their deals till the deadline to make the playoffs. But as the league currently is, I would say no.

Edited by Tagger

18 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1 - Unless there's been a change while I've been away (which looking at the past drafts and the current rulebook, it looks like there hasn't been), we've never factored the lotto into the second round of the draft. 

2 - I can't think of a real world example where the playoffs aren't factored for specifically for the second round of the draft onwards, they're either considered for the entire draft (NHL, NFL) or not at all (NBA). 

In truth, I don't think it's a great idea either as things stand. With the current makeup of the league, teams are often well aware that they are guaranteed playoffs places with a half-decent roster, so they can afford to agree to make their moves closer to the deadline to reduce cap spending and bring in potentially more talent than they would have if they'd made the moves at season start. Given that the trade deadline is over two-thirds into the season, this means season standings aren't a great indicator of how good a team is ending the regular season, and thus subsequently entering the following season. If the league was more competitive (E.g. 7 or 8 teams all vying for the playoffs), then I could see the argument for making the 2nd round purely off standings, because teams wouldn't neccessarily be able to take the risk of leaving their deals till the deadline to make the playoffs. But as the league currently is, I would say no.

Come back

:th_leohide:

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I agree with @boubabi for what it’s worth. The argument against removing player 2 always was that it was a choice whether or not people had to have two players but how many really chose against it? And once they had those players how many felt like they were letting their teams down if they didn’t perform?

It’s easy in hindsight to say that people could have just chilled out or taken some weeks off or what not but the fact remains that they didn’t. The fact remains that a lot of guys who took on two players found out they couldn’t handle it and it wound up burning them out. I wish we could say that the people who can handle two could still have two but the fact remains that the only way to do that is to open it for everyone and we have proven that burns people out.

I’d rather see draft classes with fewer guys who are more active than more guys who are burnt out by their second season because they are trying to do too much.

I think if people are burning themselves out with 2 players, rather than just taking a break, then they're taking things too seriously. It's a game, man.

I've welfared both Boeser and Ironside more than a few times, and even both in the same week a couple of times. Ironside still is going to be over 1000 TPE and Boeser is a top 10 performer as well. As long as I still keep updating them and doing the reviewing, etc....still earning other TPE they're still having growth.

I don't know, I really don't care if we have the system in or not. I do like the system, and it's been a fun experience having 2 players as well. It just happened that I became a GM when the 2 player system was introduced, so the best bet for me was to take both players on my team. If I wasn't a GM I would have loved to sign on 2 different teams.

But, I've always believed here and in all the other sim leagues I'm in that I don't have to do shit if I don't want to. I'm not going to get upset at myself for not updating sometimes. Although, I guess maybe it's a different case with me because even if I take a break I've been back the next week or so every time.....and I never took a break from the site as a whole. At least besides vacations.

23 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Aackckqz Ky forever.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Easy solution, which has been suggested numerous times, Make one PT useable for both players like EFL.