A Long Time Coming

Shaka

giphy.gif

Finally, I'm Part Of The VHL

*Deep Inhale* "Whooo."

This has been a long, long time coming. Finally, for the first time in 7 years, I believe I have the opportunity to take part in this community with a player I can update consistently without issue. And let me tell you, I couldn't be more excited. As some of you may know, I have tried to near exhaustion to create players in the past only to come to the same realization every time. I don't know this sport enough to feel comfortable writing about it and I don't have the time to put into being worth a damn as a player. Finally, thanks to @Beketov and all of you who helped usher in the new Welfare system, both of those concerns have been resolved and there is nothing stopping me from finally getting to experience the longest running simulation league in our growing sim community.

I don't expect to be a major player in this league. In fact, none of my players in the SBA or EFL are major players in that league. The player side of these leagues often comes after the community aspect to me. At the SBA, I enjoy leading new members and recreates into their new careers by running the Duke Blue Devil's. In the EFL, I enjoy trying to see a football sim FINALLY succeed. In both, it's the community that drives me and not the success of my player. So do I expect to be a HOF career? I've never had one, I'll likely never have one. But I do expect to become a decent part of the community and finally get to ride a player that I'm excited about through the entirety of his career.

That's beyond exciting to me. 

And to do it with my boys @MWHazard and @Týr is icing on the cake.

Let's see what this thing is all about.