An early conclusions after 9 games. [1/2]

hedgehog337

large.Banner_blackout.jpg.bc55f9e1339379

*Maybe someone will change the header?...cause the Stockholm Vikings team DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE!*

It's a shitty feeling when you want to do nothing. I was ready to claim 5 TPE from welfare, but then I realized other I wouldn't claim max TPE in other two leagues and I want to claim as much points as possible with Lupatlasis. So I'll try, although I really have no idea what to write about. Well, there's a topic: 9 games were played and it's time to makes some early conclusions.

:nya:DEFENCE > ALL? :nya:

Looks like DeGrath + good defence are doing wonders with the team who wasn't the favorite before this season started. We could argue that 1/3 of their games were against the Meute ond two of them finished with only a 3-2 score, but then they won aganst Toronto and Riga too so we can't say their lead is a fluke. Speaking about a good defence - Jones and Volkov are leading team in scoring. Defence wins championships? We shall see, but so far the Americans are feeling comfortable.

:hel:FOREVER COMPETING?:hel:

Higgins was about to start a rebuild, but perhaps nobody wanted Boubabi so he decided to bring all of them back + Gloop and Jacob. So far they managed to surprise the league thanks to their goalie. But it appeared that Jacob wasn't converted to a new update scale and now the question is - can they continue at the same pace with the regressed goalie? Schmek and Cornerstone are ready, now let's wait for others.

:sea:STAYING SOLID:sea:

They could've been higher, but two unexpected losses against Calgary places them in the third position. Still, this team is looking fine and so far there isn't a reason why they will slow down. Seattle is another team with a def as a scoring leader - Fedorov is trying to finally win the best defenseman award and maybe take the Beketov award as well. McAllister is also doing good.

:rig:GOALS...GOALS EVERYWHERE:rig:

The season for Riga started as I expected - couple of ugly losses and lots of goals. Like last season before we went ham in second half of the regular season. But the question now is - can we do it again, but with 8 players (besides King)? It's defninitely possible with this offense, but some teams would disagree with that, like a defensive New York, star team Toronto or all-around team like Seattle. Their scoring leader once again is Krīgars and Reinholdt who is gunning for the Funk award.

22 hours ago, Tyler said:

krigars is the most unexplainable player in the history of the VHL

he's not wrong about that.

:tor:IS THE DEPTH PROBLEM FOR REAL?:tor:

I don't know the answer on this question, but right now Toronto is the worst team of all contenders. They started the season with a solid 5-3 win against Riga, but they're not consistent enough to do better things. They scored only 24 goals and let the same amount. Can they flip the tables around? I think it will be hard, but then Quebec won the championship with 7 players so it's possible. Their scoring leader is an ex-def Sokolov. That indeed was a smart move from Beketov to  make his player a forward.

:cal:FOREVER PESKY:cal:

For the second season in a row Calgary isn't fighting for the cup, but also for the second season in a row they're doing a good job on trolling contenders by taking some wins against them. Right now their fav client is Seattle and I'm sure this team is going to take more game against contenders. Their scoring leader is another def in Kinkaid. Another candidate for the Funk trophy?

:que::dav:THE FIRST PICK IS OUR PRIORITY:dav::que:

The title says it all. They are fighting for Velevra's player, that's for sure. But the draft is looking deep at this moment so I think the #2 pick owner won't be mad too.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars.

40 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

:cal:FOREVER PESKY:cal:

For the second season in a row Calgary isn't fighting for the cup, but also for the second season in a row they're doing a good job on trolling contenders by taking some wins against them. Right now their fav client is Seattle and I'm sure this team is going to take more game against contenders. Their scoring leader is another def in Kinkaid. Another candidate for the Funk trophy?

Stockholm's cupboard was pretty damn bare when I took them over so I'm pretty damn happy with where this team is and we have @diamond_ace coming up next season along with 5 picks in this deep looking draft. I think this team will be very good, very soon.

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to An early conclusions after 9 games. [1/2]