Recruitment Podcast Questions

Kendrick

Every once and a while I will be creating a podcast to update people on recruitment, give some insight on future plans and allow for some transparency in where some of the donation dollars will target. Questions regarding recruitment would be great as it allows me to be as open about it as possible and given the cold hard truth on that forever attainable goal: Getting More Members!

Tagging a bunch of active board members:

@Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) @Devise @Will @Beketov @tfong @Smarch @Beaviss @Spade18 @DollarAndADream @Banackock @hedgehog337 @evrydayimbyfuglien @JardyB10 @Phil @STZ @der meister @Tyler @Quik @TheLastOlympian07 @Exlaxchronicles @diamond_ace 

• Commissioner

1. What do you think the league as a whole could do to help recruitment efforts?

2. Some people claim our issue is not recruitment but retention. Do you agree, disagree, or think there is a balance?

Ive had players from another game tell me tell they would like to join bit they found the sight way too confusing to figure out so it deterred them. Do you think a video tutorial on the sight would help alleviate some of the confusion?

With the changes that have been implemented to the game so far, has the game attracted more players, and do you think these game additions have made a positive impact?

1. There should be a central location for ALL tutorials, and in depth tutorials on all aspects (big undertaking, I know). When starting I had to ask a lot of questions because i couldnt navigate around and find the answers easily enough. I’m still learning ways to get weekly uncapped tpe (fantasy, reviews, etc etc). 

This section should contain tutorials on all aspects, enough to theoretically get a player all the way through their 1st players career and getting the 2nd player started. Theyre just too spread out. Also maybe assign a couple mentors and tutors, then send a form message to all new players welcoming them and tagging the mentors so they know exactly who to contact with questions. 

Edited by HellBillyXIII

• Commissioner
42 minutes ago, HellBillyXIII said:

I’m still learning ways to get weekly uncapped tpe (fantasy, reviews, etc etc).

Just wanted to clarify that reviews are in fact capped. Fantasy is one of the few things that isn’t which can be done on a weekly basis.

Not gonna really read through others questions but maybe got a few of my own.

1. What other areas are you looking to explore? 

2. Rate how well you've done thus far.

3. Expectations for the present and future of recruitment?

4. Any new things/announcements or ideas we can expect to see soon? 

5. Any thoughts on a recruitment drive and potentially revamping it? It seems there isn't enough initiative for most to recruit during it - so most others say "ah, others will do it and I don't need to". Thoughts handing out new rewards for members? Say - 5 TPE for your 1st recruit and 2 for the next and having milestones for each level? Ex 1 = 5 TPE, 10 = double week etc. 

6. How's that advertisement graphic coming? 

7. Any big sites you're looking to reach out to? 

8. Is there anyway we can make VHL be the top hit on google? Or make it one of the top for words like "hockey" etc? 

I’m a big believer that word of mouth is the best form of recruitment. Any ideas on how to make people more interested in that ideal?

Some of the best forms of recruitment can be a buddy system sign up system. For example you sign up and you get a buddy to sign up you both get 60 TPE to start instead of 30 etc. Any thoughts on this system?