Moving the Forum

Will

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Now there is only one thing left to bring back.

Sexy?

My Love?

My baby back, baby back, baby back ribs?

Our girls?

That 70's Show?

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Come back ❤️

Maybe

Obvs not right this second though cause I'd be at a huge TPE disadvantage.

Edited by Tagger

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Chat said:

what will you bitch about now though? i mean the Flyers are in a playoff spot, the eagles won the superbowl against all odds, the 76ers arent complete trash and fighting for a playoff spot AND we are bringing bakc chat? guess youll have to bitch about the phillies

3 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

what will you bitch about now though? i mean the Flyers are in a playoff spot, the eagles won the superbowl against all odds, the 76ers arent complete trash and fighting for a playoff spot AND we are bringing bakc chat? guess youll have to bitch about the phillies

No one cares about baseball though

• 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Admin

We're nearing the end of our current billing period with IPB hosting, so we will be making the move either today or early tomorrow morning. IPB's restrictions means we have to wait for them to provide us with backups, so we can't give an exact time as to when we'll recieve those. 

But you should EXPECT DOWNTIME WITHIN THE NEXT 24H

Beyond that, connecting to site via vhlforum.com might be spotty for a day or so. That said, I'm going to try to replace the 'FORUM' link on the Portal (you may want to bookmark the portal) with a direct link to the new server once we make a change, so if vhlforum.com isn't working for you yet you SHOULD be able to access the forum through that link. It can take up to 24-48h for vhlforum.com to work for everyone. 

• Senior Admin
On 3/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, Will said:

We're nearing the end of our current billing period with IPB hosting, so we will be making the move either today or early tomorrow morning. IPB's restrictions means we have to wait for them to provide us with backups, so we can't give an exact time as to when we'll recieve those. 

But you should EXPECT DOWNTIME WITHIN THE NEXT 24H

Beyond that, connecting to site via vhlforum.com might be spotty for a day or so. That said, I'm going to try to replace the 'FORUM' link on the Portal (you may want to bookmark the portal) with a direct link to the new server once we make a change, so if vhlforum.com isn't working for you yet you SHOULD be able to access the forum through that link. It can take up to 24-48h for vhlforum.com to work for everyone. 

So apparently the support people failed to mention that the people who take care of backups don’t work on weekends. At least that’s what we’re assuming.

So it’s looking like Monday will be the day - sorry about the confusion, this is another reason why I want off of their hosting.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

giphy.gif

Unfortunately we just have no control over this right now, so I still can't give an updated time. Higgins and I have been ready to go waiting for them to do their part since Friday. Not much we can do but wait for them. 

But definitely confirms the decision to leave them, I mean having the ability to make your own backups is a pretty standard feature on any host so it's kind of ridiculous that we're waiting days for them to do it for us. 

For now I would say that if we don't hear back from them by tonight we will send them another message to complain and say we want it done on Tuesday.