Claimed:Interview with a Bear

Da Trifecta

How to Feed A Bear

large_KarenNoyes.JPG

Today I am honored to be in the presence of the wonderful Mikey Blade of the Seattle Bears. Mike was one of the biggest competitions that Davey Jones had to faceoff against during the VHLM playoffs. Davey made it his sole mission to stop every chance of Mikey winning a founders cup and he was certain it would happen. Over 2 years in the VHLM, Davey accomplished that feat. Mikey Blade has since became real good friends with Davey and they keep in touch everyday. They often go out and practice together. These 2 are hoping to eventually be teammates one day but as of right now they are in opposing conferences. Davey on Davos and competing, Mikey on Seattle and rebuilding.

1. Mikey, what are your thoughts on Seattle? I mean I understand you are on the team but do you think they have a future or is this team doomed for failure?

1. Seattle is a great city. My agent has had numerous players on the team and he told me that overall it's an awesome city to be in. We had great expectations this season and so far they really have not panned out. We're not sure why the team isn't clicking but I have to admit it's quite disappointing. I can't tell the future, but I'm hoping it's bright, because I want to be known for being successful as a player and be on a team that reflects that. Overall to me, Seattle is a great place to be, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

2. Your career has gone off to a rough start, are you concerned with yourself as a player? Like have you lived up to your goals or do you think you could be better than you are
currently doing?

2. Obviously from a player stand point, I'm very disappointed with my play thus far in the first two seasons of my VHL career. The minors were a lot easier for a lot of reasons, I was able to put up well over one hundred points each of my two seasons down there, and now I come to the realization that this isn't just going to be as easy. Seattle has been very understanding as to my setback and my time needed, and now their giving me the time I need to develop my skills. I have not hit any goals I wanted to by now, no major milestones or anything that I really want. I'm really hoping to see some better play from myself and my team out there in the coming weeks. 

logo.jpg

3. Rumors are going around that your agent InstantRockstar is looking to take over a team and become the GM of them. What are your thoughts on him potentially having you move
from Seattle to another team?

3. I haven't heard any of these rumors, I know if it happens it'll be a sad day for me because Seattle has become a home to me, and a place where I feel welcome and just wanted. No matter what happens though, I'll be happy for my agent and I'll be happy to go ahead and play wherever he may take over. He's a talented agent and I know he'll be happy with whatever choices he makes. I'm just tagging along for the ride, and I'll do whatever it takes to take my career from nothing to something special. 

4. What are your current goals for the rest of this season? Do you think that you will be able to top over 75 points on the season after getting off to a rough start?

4. I want to finish with at least seventy points or as a point per game player by the end of the season. I had a couple of good games this week and I'm hoping that my play continues like that. I know my team is going to play a big part in this, if they play good, I play good and then it goes from there. With my goals being a PPG player at best, I don't know if I'll be able to tip the scale and go over the 75 point mark, but if I do go over, I'll be damn happy. I know a lot of people have big expectations for me, and I want to live up to them, but it's not just about me, my team needs to help me in the end. 

5. Will you be finishing out your full 8 seasons or do you have any intentions on calling it a career any time sooner? If you do, how are you going to spend your time after you retire from the VHL?

5. I do plan to go all eight seasons, it's very important to me that I take full advantage of all the time they allow me to go here, and live my career to the fullest. I don't know what the future will hold for me, I don't know what I'll be doing with myself, but I'm sure it'll be something else I'm interested in. My life has always been full of adventures ever since I was born, and once again it'll likely be the same thing. I'm sure my future will be bright, but I'm going to just think about the present, and let the future stay, in the future. 

Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen. I got the pleasure of being able to interview one of the VHL's most promising young players in Mikey Blade. You can never have too much excitement in watching any of the young players who are coming through the VHL. Mikey looks like he is catching up quickly and that he will be producing more for this team. Seattle could have a good future if more pieces come in whether it's via free agency or from the draft or trades. We appreciate Mikey taking time out of his busy schedule to talk to us and let us interview him. We wish him the best of luck in the rest of his career where ever he may end up. Stay tuned as I will be interviewing someone yet again next week and this time it will be someone that everyone knows and loves.

Content: 3/3 - That was a lot of words. Mikey Blade seems to have about the same attitude as Konstantin Azhishchenkov. Maybe they can be friends? haha.

Grammar: 2/2 - A few minor things that could have gone either way, and then the one below.

became > become

Appearance: 1/1 - Colored text kept the read interesting from a visual perspective. You can't really add too many images in the middle of an interview write up. I would not want to be that guy feeding the bear grapes though! haha. I also liked that instantrockstar logo!

Overall: 6/6 - Good job! And I wish Mikey luck on his career!

Edited by d3vilsfire