Pod Cast Press Conference (PCPC)

Victor

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

(This is where you tell me we were teammates and I feel bad?)

Nah, we haven't been teammates, or at least I don't think we have. Think the closest we ever got to that was I believe you were briefly my VHLM GM when I had Threencarnacion

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Nah, we haven't been teammates, or at least I don't think we have. Think the closest we ever got to that was I believe you were briefly my VHLM GM when I had Threencarnacion

Plausible - the last few weeks of VHLM GMing were a bit of a blur. The whole last season even when my first-gen-only policy failed miserably.

If you were on NY in S52 then I rejected you in FA in favour of missing the playoffs. :D Cleganebowl hype got to my head.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Plausible - the last few weeks of VHLM GMing were a bit of a blur. The whole last season even when my first-gen-only policy failed miserably.

If you were on NY in S52 then I rejected you in FA in favour of missing the playoffs. :D Cleganebowl hype got to my head.

Oh I was off NY by that point (think I left S50 both as player and GM),. I do seem to remember some discussions about potentially bringing you in from Helsinki around S49 to potentially accommodate for @ADV taking over as HSK GM that fell apart.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Oh I was off NY by that point (think I left S50 both as player and GM),. I do seem to remember some discussions about potentially bringing you in from Helsinki around S49 to potentially accommodate for @ADV taking over as HSK GM that fell apart.

Oh right no that makes sense, Reencarnacion was a 40s player wasn't he whooops. Truth be told I was gone after Clegane but anything after Bentley is a bit blurry.

1. Prior to a game, what does your player like to chow down on (eat)? 

2. Does he have any superstitions? If not, make one up?

3. Where do you think you end up at draft time and what overall etc?

4. Career goals? 

5. What's your favourite kind of chips? 

@Victor

• Admin
On 6/5/2018 at 1:18 AM, Banackock said:

1. Prior to a game, what does your player like to chow down on (eat)? 

2. Does he have any superstitions? If not, make one up?

3. Where do you think you end up at draft time and what overall etc?

4. Career goals? 

5. What's your favourite kind of chips? 

@Victor

1. Just a smoothie like a true 2018 metrosexual.

2. Have to listen to at least 1 podcast every gameday morning, otherwise bad things will happen.

3. We're almost here and if I had to bet then it'd be 3rd overall to Riga. But, top 2 GMs have been hard to read so maybe higher.

4. Continental Cup, a few 100-point seasons, and hopefully enough to keep the HOF player streak going, but it won't be the end of the world if that doesn't happen.

5. Salt and vinegar.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Thoughts on being taken by Riga?

2. Were you secretly hoping to go elsewhere?

3. Expectations for yourself this season?

4. Who do you think wins it all?

5. Whose budgets are the worst to do (team wise lol)

@Victor

• Admin
On 6/19/2018 at 1:42 AM, Banackock said:

1. Thoughts on being taken by Riga?

2. Were you secretly hoping to go elsewhere?

3. Expectations for yourself this season?

4. Who do you think wins it all?

5. Whose budgets are the worst to do (team wise lol)

@Victor

1. Very happy - have wanted to play for Riga for a while being my actual home town (or birthplace I guess more than home town). Great franchise, good GM, past success and set up well for the future both with S61 and looking forward. Should be a fun ride.

2. No, I was open to all teams but Riga was my #1 destination the whole way through.

3. I like to aim high so Rookie of the Year, but that often comes down to the level of competition, so just a season which won't hurt my HOF aspirations in the long run will be good enough.

4. I think New York are still the strongest roster and will make up for last year's heartache. Helsinki are worse, Calgary and Davos aren't there yet in my mind.

5. Generally the contenders require the most effort due to more updates to go through - I think Helsinki might have been the worst because I needed to wait for their whole squad to be depreciated in the portal and then check their updates. That said, finding some of the random FAs that Seattle or Toronto sign is also a bit annoying.

1. Judging by this poll, it seems like people want to keep the ability to submit longer PTs and claim the points over multiple weeks, something you seemed to be against judging by your posts on the forums, what are your problems with this system as it stands?

2. With two sets of games played in the group stages, who is your favourite to win the World Cup?

3. How would you say your player is performing compared to your pre-season expectations of him? 

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1. Judging by this poll, it seems like people want to keep the ability to submit longer PTs and claim the points over multiple weeks, something you seemed to be against judging by your posts on the forums, what are your problems with this system as it stands?

2. With two sets of games played in the group stages, who is your favourite to win the World Cup?

3. How would you say your player is performing compared to your pre-season expectations of him? 

1. It's disappointing to see, I think people are being selfish by going for what is a fairly minimal benefit to the detriment of league activity. However at least I can see what the public opinion is now so will adjust my argument accordingly - possibly a hybrid system of TPE and say player store money and/or uncapped TPE might be beneficial. The fight for weekly submissions continues in my mind.

P.S. I think the poll is inherently biased against option 3 based on its wording but won't be pursuing that further.

2. Been veering between Spain and Germany since before the tournament - so far haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise but of course at the same time haven't been convinced by either of them. Will stick to Spain at the moment but would also like to see some of Portugal, Belgium, and Croatia in the semi-final.

3. It's always hard to predict how things will go on such a bad team so just not being completely awful is pleasing. The RotY race is close but I don't think I'll get involved in that so just maintaining point-per-game pace would be useful at the moment.

1. Which of the Season 62 prospects would you like to see join the Reign the most?

2. The Season 62 draft is going to be a very weird one given that three of the GMs in the lottery will likely have a player in the draft, what are your thoughts on continuing to allow GM's to have 2 players?

3. An article posted recently talked about the potential relocation of the Seattle Bears. Being one of the league's more veteran members, what are your thoughts when a GM puts forward the idea of moving a team that has been around for so long? 

• Commissioner

1. How’s life in Riga treating you?

2. With us not being the top dogs anymore I feel like our rivalry has slowed down so...fuck you. How does that make you feel?

• Admin
On 6/25/2018 at 8:42 PM, Tagger said:

1. Which of the Season 62 prospects would you like to see join the Reign the most?

2. The Season 62 draft is going to be a very weird one given that three of the GMs in the lottery will likely have a player in the draft, what are your thoughts on continuing to allow GM's to have 2 players?

3. An article posted recently talked about the potential relocation of the Seattle Bears. Being one of the league's more veteran members, what are your thoughts when a GM puts forward the idea of moving a team that has been around for so long? 

1. Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the draft to say anything particularly useful. Think jRuutu would be an interesting teammate though.

2. I think it's part of the increasing softness of the VHL but then I support the return of grading and graders needing to grade 10 MSs in a week to earn 1 TPE. Has merits though, I know a GM player might not be overly enjoyable if you need to play in a position you don't like much, need to retire early, can't hit FA, etc etc. That said, has it made the position more attractive? If not, what's the point?

3. There are certain teams that I wouldn't be opposed to moving and Seattle is one of them. Its recent history is very Vasteras-esque and I of course went out of my way to rid the VHL of that disease. Seattle would have a lot more opposition and the only way it would be worthwhile is if the new location, name, logo, and colour scheme was mind blowingly good.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:13 AM, Beketov said:

1. How’s life in Riga treating you?

2. With us not being the top dogs anymore I feel like our rivalry has slowed down so...fuck you. How does that make you feel?

1. Delightful, I'm sorry you had the misfortune to miss out. I'm sure you're counting down the days to free agency.

2. A lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Victor said:

2. A lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

Well of course it doesn’t, they live in two completely different ecosystems.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Beketov said:

Well of course it doesn’t, they live in two completely different ecosystems.

I'm glad you recognise Riga operates on a much higher plane than Seattle.

@Victor

1. On a scale of 1-Charlie Sheen, how crazy will you go if England takes it all (if you answer after it's over, then how happy/disappointed were you with their tournament?)
  2. If not a comeback, what should I call it?
  3. What's the best movie you've seen lately?
  4. You and Edwin are forming a lethal 1-2 punch, can you guys be the next Krigars-Locke?

• Admin
7 hours ago, Quik said:

@Victor

1. On a scale of 1-Charlie Sheen, how crazy will you go if England takes it all (if you answer after it's over, then how happy/disappointed were you with their tournament?)
  2. If not a comeback, what should I call it?
  3. What's the best movie you've seen lately?
  4. You and Edwin are forming a lethal 1-2 punch, can you guys be the next Krigars-Locke?

1. So I don't actually want to England to win..... so I guess 1? I'm fortunately out of the country from Saturday so don't have to deal with the consequences.

2. I've been here for years.

3. Oof, I've really stopped watching movies recently. Last summer I was filling in some blanks and I couldn't believe I had never seen Fight Club all this time. But honestly can't think of anything I've watched since.

Westworld though... ?

4. Can't comment on Krigars-Locke, but I assume it was something good. The partnership I had in mind was Thomassen-Wolf (Quebec S38-S42ish). Or going back to one of mine, Chershenko-Rybak of S20s-early30s Calgary. Either way, I like the start and hope it's something which keeps going as the team grows.

1. You made a comment on the site (can't remember where) where you said you'd have to kill me to overtake me, but you're now six points ahead. Is this some kind of Black Mirror shit where I'm actually dead but I don't know it?

2. Given that Aamo and Stromberg haven't been on in two-three weeks now, do you think Riga now has to make sure they address defenseman and goalie in the draft, or do you think you just go best player available?

3. Thoughts on how the Word Cup Final went?

• Commissioner

1. You’re now leading all rookies in points. Did you expect this going into the season?

2. New update system: yay or nay?

3. If it was entirely up to you to relocate VHL teams would you move any? If so where would you move them?

4. Recruitment is up but retention is still somewhat an issue. How would you fix this?

5. What have been the best and worse changes in the league since your return?

• Admin
On 7/15/2018 at 5:30 PM, Tagger said:

1. You made a comment on the site (can't remember where) where you said you'd have to kill me to overtake me, but you're now six points ahead. Is this some kind of Black Mirror shit where I'm actually dead but I don't know it?

2. Given that Aamo and Stromberg haven't been on in two-three weeks now, do you think Riga now has to make sure they address defenseman and goalie in the draft, or do you think you just go best player available?

3. Thoughts on how the Word Cup Final went?

1. Most probably. It's also what you deserve for your weird robot time travelling Encarnacion shit. Also never watched Black Mirror so hopefully that isn't a major twist.

2. Depends on the difference in quality between the forward which is BPA and the next best D/G. Which I know nothing about despite my best efforts to try and follow the S62 draft starting a few weeks ago. I do think BPA is the way atm, as we kind of need everything.

3. Could put a snarky response about the "word cup" here but nah. It was great fun, fitting end to a very exciting tournament as a whole. I wanted Croatia to win, but knew France was always the likeliest winner. Bit disappointed with France's 1st half but can't say it was undeserved after the 2nd. I think Croatia's approach was the best I've seen in a World Cup final ever (having watched since 2006). So props to them, I'm sure they'll be remembered fondly.

• Admin
On 7/15/2018 at 7:08 PM, Beketov said:

1. You’re now leading all rookies in points. Did you expect this going into the season?

2. New update system: yay or nay?

3. If it was entirely up to you to relocate VHL teams would you move any? If so where would you move them?

4. Recruitment is up but retention is still somewhat an issue. How would you fix this?

5. What have been the best and worse changes in the league since your return?

1. I always secretly hope to have great seasons as it's one of my main motivations in the VHL but with Cast I had played down expectations so much that I bought my own lack of expectations. So it's been a surprise. I don't think it is massively weird because of the team makeup in Riga, but it was still the best case scenario and I was behind you and others in TPE so I'd say this is basically a 10/10 season. Maybe 9 but only because my only threat was my teammate. Let's have a better battle going forward.

2. Absolutely yay, I waxed lyrical about it in a podcast and now that it's in my VHL routine I have no complaints. A few small fixes here and there and but I and others have been bringing them to Will's attention.

3. I'd move Quebec to Europe to balance out the original Cologne contraction. Not necessarily to Cologne but I want a 4/4 split. None of the other NA teams could realistically move at this point.

4. We just need more engagement somehow, something to make the weeks go by faster. It's hard to say because I'm really not as active as I was before which is kind of the problem. I'd be making enough posts to engage with new members back in the day, now I don't. I don't even check the VHLM. I suspect it's the same with other older members. So some artificial engagement is needed, like PTs split into 2/3 parts a week.

5. Best: the growth of the portal for sure. And of course removing the Fong and Marta Trophies.

Worst: Dunno? I don't think there's been many changes specifically since I came back, certainly none which stick out as bad moves.

1. 97 points to finish off this season, congratulations! What do you think is more likely for Season 2, a repeat of the same kind of numbers or scoring below a point per game?

2. Obviously you were very critical of Kendrick in your recent VHL.com article about his actions towards yourself and other members, given that it looks like he's also deleted/removed some of the league's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), what do you think the response would be towards Kendrick if he ever tried to come back?

3. Lot of first gens entering this Season 62 Draft, any in particular you'd like to see drafted by Riga?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 7/24/2018 at 9:18 PM, Tagger said:

1. 97 points to finish off this season, congratulations! What do you think is more likely for Season 2, a repeat of the same kind of numbers or scoring below a point per game?

2. Obviously you were very critical of Kendrick in your recent VHL.com article about his actions towards yourself and other members, given that it looks like he's also deleted/removed some of the league's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), what do you think the response would be towards Kendrick if he ever tried to come back?

3. Lot of first gens entering this Season 62 Draft, any in particular you'd like to see drafted by Riga?

1. In the interest of managing my own expectations, and from prior experience, I think below PPG is more likely. Watch us get a 3rd forward and destroy all chemistry. Plus Pablo's gone and he was the real MVP.

2. If he comes back I'm going to link that thread to show that no one likes him. I hope he realises he's burned all bridges by now so we don't have to deal with that, because I'm sure lots of people will foolishly give him a 2nd chance. Never give cancer a 2nd chance.

3. In the words of Jose Mourinho, I prefer not to speak. There are 3-4 good ones who I think we'll get, but I'll keep that to our LR scouting convos.

• 2 months later...
  1. Do you think it was a big advantage for Riga to have @Tagger in the LR, when the draft came around?
  2. What are your thoughts on the trade that could have been, with Toronto? Do you know just how far it would have rippled?
  3. How long will Riga's window be open?
  4. PC, do you love me? Are you riding?