VHL Semi-Finals A, GM 6: Toronto vs. Seattle

JardyB10

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Fuck this. 

Positivity, young grasshopper.

Joking aside, good series. I was nervous, but more confident this season than last. Good series and good year, Toronto.

Back to the finals we go! @Bring Back Chat

This is not the ending that I was expecting, obviously.

Seattle has a good team, but this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Toronto was by far the better team in the season.

I should have just starting banking Ironside's TPE 300 TPE ago and brought someone else on the team. Why even put TPE into a goalie if he's going to get out-performed like this? :lol:

Well, this era of Legion is over. Time to rebuild....and likely never make a goalie again. Not worth it when he just crumbles in the playoffs during the prime of the rest of my team.

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

How did TOR..... lose this series? I put all my money on them.... :wat110:

It's a fucking mystery to me too, man. The playoffs in the VHL can be a fickle bitch sometimes.

Sometimes, it literally doesn't matter at all how you do in the regular season. You can even be beaten by a team 25 points behind you with a goalie several levels lower than yours.

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's a fucking mystery to me too, man. The playoffs in the VHL can be a fickle bitch sometimes.

Sometimes, it literally doesn't matter at all how you do in the regular season. You can even be beaten by a team 25 points behind you with a goalie several levels lower than yours.

They turn the randomness generator up lol

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

They turn the randomness generator up lol

Torstein Ironside has to be one of the shittiest playoff performing goalies ever. That's almost 1000 TPE right there. I'm never doing that again with a goalie, never mind even creating a goalie. What a waste of time earning TPE for him if he just shits the bed while the goalie on the other side out-performs him with like 300 less TPE.

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

This is not the ending that I was expecting, obviously.

Seattle has a good team, but this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Toronto was by far the better team in the season.

I should have just starting banking Ironside's TPE 300 TPE ago and brought someone else on the team. Why even put TPE into a goalie if he's going to get out-performed like this? :lol:

Well, this era of Legion is over. Time to rebuild....and likely never make a goalie again. Not worth it when he just crumbles in the playoffs during the prime of the rest of my team.

I wouldn't say better... statistically in the regular season based off this past performance - sure. Number crunch and check OV/TPE. Likely be pretty close etc.. or maybe even in favour for SEA... 

So.. for wins.. they were better - maybe chemistry too but not necessarily players in the long run. 

• Commissioner

And the career of Sokolov officially comes to an end. A fitting end really with a pile of disappointment that matches the career he had. I slumped randomly every season and underperformed for no reason; basically how these playoffs went.

You’re having a hell of a run Seattle, aim not trying to take that away from you, but your playoff performance simply doesn’t add up with how you performed in the regular season.

Ya'll already said the playoffs are crapshot so what's the problem? That's why the Victory Cup is an important achievement too cause it shows that a team was a top squad even if they lost in playoffs. People like to snub this trophy imo. 

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

And the career of Sokolov officially comes to an end. A fitting end really with a pile of disappointment that matches the career he had. I slumped randomly every season and underperformed for no reason; basically how these playoffs went.

You’re having a hell of a run Seattle, aim not trying to take that away from you, but your playoff performance simply doesn’t add up with how you performed in the regular season.

Everyone has that excuse. Could be the right line changes, or a whole lot of things. Gretzky and McAllister finally playing how they should?

I think we can agree they should have done a hell of a lot better in the reg season. 

Last year it should have been TOR because of all the overtimes and was literally anyone's season and might have won the cup if they beat Seattle (but couldn't even do that - but that was an excuse). This season should have been TOR's because of luck. But it was 1 game quicker. Face it - yeah lost.

Did you also know? For the longest time I was running with fucked up lines and strats? 0-1-4 on a defensive line, which if you know me and my style, wasn't on purpose. That was fixed in round 1 vs Riga and that's when we won the series after game 2. Maybe minor tweaks this round, can't even remember - but that's it. 

If you want to talk about weird or anything, how about a really garbage looking team anyway you look at it - beating New York and have the regular season they did. 

4 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Ya'll already said the playoffs are crapshot so what's the problem? That's why the Victory Cup is an important achievement too cause it shows that a team was a top squad even if they lost in playoffs. People like to snub this trophy imo. 

Presidents trophy > Stanley Cup. 

Also, @DollarAndADream and @Beketov, since we're looking excuses - let's refer to the team stats page. Would you not say, looking at the playoff scoring totals, that Seattles looks much more realistic and normal now? 18-18-15-11-10 PT's in 9 Gp

Maybe the regular season was a crapshoot for us. Underplayed (let's face it, TPE wise we weren't off TOR - NOR were we older...) and look at the losses to hsk and CGY. Pretty explainable.