VHL Semi-Finals A, GM 6: Toronto vs. Seattle

JardyB10

6 minutes ago, Banackock said:

If you want to talk about weird or anything, how about a really garbage looking team anyway you look at it - beating New York and have the regular season they did. 

It's not like this is happening for the first time. 

S52-53 Cologne

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

S52-53 Cologne

Little different..

Seattle is actually a better team. Seattle, based off age and TPE, was better than Riga. Please, do me some kindness and find the avergages for TOR VS SEA and see where we stand. Maybe, opposing your theory of Seattle getting "lucky", they finally played true form and like the "better" group they were. 

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

S52-53 Cologne

Reading that now - we're talking HSK though. Yeah. If anything, THEY make zero sense lol.. 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Reading that now - we're talking HSK though. Yeah. If anything, THEY make zero sense lol.. 

Kinda interesting - put one good player in a garbage team and watch how they suddenly become contenders cause that player puts a monster performance. 

Toronto had no depth btw - STHS likes depth most of times. Although SEA didn't have much better depth, but that was enough for TOR. The goalie thing is weird af, but that's it. 

It's easy to find excuses when you lost. 

The oddities are pretty glaring. You have a good team, but to perform this way is very surprising. Especially how Ironside did compared to VVA. You can't just say your offense is performing how they should now, because now all of a sudden mine wasn't.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Kinda interesting - put one good player in a garbage team and watch how they suddenly become contenders cause that player puts a monster performance. 

Toronto had no depth btw - STHS likes depth most of times. Although SEA didn't have much better depth, but that was enough for TOR. The goalie thing is weird af, but that's it. 

Goalies have always been weird. Look at some of King's game.. if Beketov

needs and further convincing.. look at Holik. If you wanna find a goalie that chokes like Ironside, lol

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

The oddities are pretty glaring. You have a good team, but to perform this way is very surprising. Especially how Ironside did compared to VVA. You can't just say your offense is performing how they should now, because now all of a sudden mine wasn't.

Could be a bit of both.

Should this be how the players are playing though on Seattle? Yes.

is Seattle younger? Yes. Likely so.

Is SEA TPE average better? It would be close but I'd say yes without including goalies. 

• Commissioner
Just now, Banackock said:

Goalies have always been weird. Look at some of King's game.. if Beketov

needs and further convincing.. look at Holik. If you wanna find a goalie that chokes like Ironside, lol

I don’t need convincing and I’m not making excuses. I recognize that STHS can do weird things in the playoffs.

All I’m saying is that based on the stats we had seen in the regular season this should have been a blowout in the other direction. Maybe things were fucked up, maybe STHS is just random, I don’t know.

But the fact is that based off what we knew going into this series the Toronto offense, defenseman, and goalie should have been stronger. That’s just based on what we saw in the regular season.

You won and I congratulate you for that but I’m hardly trying to make excuses. I’m just trying to say that based off the regular season there’s no reason this should have happened.

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Either way, too many reasons and arguement could be made. Natural feeling and all. You'll still disagree and we'll/I'll still

agree. 

Thats okay. 

Good season TOR. Come back stronger after a rebuild. Maybe leave Beketov off the team. He's cursed :P

Just now, Beketov said:

I don’t need convincing and I’m not making excuses. I recognize that STHS can do weird things in the playoffs.

All I’m saying is that based on the stats we had seen in the regular season this should have been a blowout in the other direction. Maybe things were fucked up, maybe STHS is just random, I don’t know.

But the fact is that based off what we knew going into this series the Toronto offense, defenseman, and goalie should have been stronger. That’s just based on what we saw in the regular season.

You won and I congratulate you for that but I’m hardly trying to make excuses. I’m just trying to say that based off the regular season there’s no reason this should have happened.

Based off regular season play, yes. Not based off overall skill and potential. 

• Commissioner

Good season TOR. Come back stronger after a rebuild. Maybe leave Beketov off the team. He's cursed :P

Only my last two. I was averaging just under a cup per player before that.

• Commissioner

Based off regular season play, yes. Not based off overall skill and potential. 

Thing is, overall and potential can only really be measured in the playoffs based off regular season performance. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

Logically speaking Helsinki should have done worse in the season since they have like 4 players. But since they didn’t it’s easy to assume their playoffs would go well to because that’s the predictor we have.

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Inb4 I lose mvp to sokolov