VHL Semi-Finals A, GM 6: Toronto vs. Seattle

JardyB10

8 minutes ago, STZ said:

I think Bek is doing a good job. The fact that he actually has to read your posts is enough for Sokolov to get MVP vote from me tbh

Good banter

• Commissioner

For the record, I’m hiding your posts because they are nothing but (very) thinly veiled attacks. If you were directing them at anyone else they would be hidden as well.

You wanna try and do something constructively without diving into BS theories with no proof than I’ll gladly leave the posts, though this hardly seems the topic for them. However if you want to just sit there and insult me I see no reason why anyone else should have to read it. There’s no point to the posts aside from trying to antagonize me.

12 hours ago, Banackock said:

Positivity, young grasshopper.

Joking aside, good series. I was nervous, but more confident this season than last. Good series and good year, Toronto.

Back to the finals we go! @Bring Back Chat

Good luck young grasshopper

• Senior Admin

Really? :lol:

Boubabi your 24h suspension the other day was for baiting (again) with Kendrick and releasing mod logs. Beketov and I actually both agreed that you never actually said anything too bad/offensive, but I thought I was pretty obvious that the shit between you and Kendrick is way out of hand/annoying and so I have no problem whatsoever applying a different standard to things between the two of you because we've told you to ignore each other god knows how many times. And the mod logs was a step too far, especially since they were all marked complete so we obviously weren't going to do anything with them. 

So Banacock called you dumb. Who cares? I specifically said, we aren't looking to stop every argument, mainly just the shit that is non-stop and that everyone complains about. It's not even like it was 100% unprovoked. You know you provoke strong reactions from people, and I tend to believe you usually know what kind of reaction your looking for when you come into threads like this and make comments so I find it kind of hard to sympathize. Sorry but I think Bana getting a warning for over-reacting is fair. 

Either way, we aren't out looking to suspend or ban anybody, and its really quite frustrating for me that its gotten to the point where there's constantly people calling for other people to be banned. I mean jesus there have been things said before that could be genuinely offense, I get that, but nobody wants a community where there can be 0 argument, 0 debate, even 0 fighting. I think most should agree with me on that. But, there is also a time where its so continuous that its just annoying to everyone or it goes to far. That's what I support moderating for and that's what I tried to convey in the announcement and a part of that is having people not over-react and then cry foul to dumb shit and then expect us to go dig through 10 pages of people fighting and make a determination 'who started it'.

Right now we are being put in an impossible situation, not just by you but you are definitely a large factor. For example, you were suspending for a restarting your and Kendrick's dispute that has been going for years now. Now you are using that to say that every single negative comment should warrant a ban and that everyone is out to get you. In some sense I wish it was as simple as that, but does anybody REALLY want this forum to be one that has some strict set of rules laid out, does anybody really want this forum to be one where have to force people to ignore other users? I don't. But unfortunately the downside to not doing that is that we have to exercise some judgement that not everyone will agree with all of the time, but I can live with that. 

I would rather you, and others, to be rational and reasonable once in awhile instead. There is really nothing we can do satisfy everyone unless people take a step back, realize how unnecessary all of this stupid shit is and move forward with the league instead of having this damn discussions every second day. In 97% of cases I don't think we should need to ban people, hell I don't even think half the shit is worth even hiding, but I can't really disagree stopping the things that are constantly causing headaches so respectfully I think the punishments and warnings handed down since our announcement have been fair. Beketov and I agree on a lot of things and we disagree on a lot of things, but I won't agree with attacking him as if this is all his fault. Like me, he is walking a tight rope that has been forced on us with this garbage and I wish you would stop blaming everyone but yourself for these problems that we should all be old enough to avoid in the first place. 

So can I call everyone dumb EXCEPT kendrick?

Also, can i call everyone and every team a bunch of assholes?

Thats the standard you are establishing, I'll just ride along

Edited by boubabi

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

So can I call everyone dumb EXCEPT kendrick?

You can use your judgement on that, it shouldn't be that hard to assess

The way i see it, you made this comment to start things off, which isn't offensive or too far IMO but there is a bit of antagonizing feel there and I'm sure you knew this when posting

Hope you wont cry again that your team is under achieving while beating a superior team in the playoffs

So I don't really see his responding as THAT off-side, even though i think he took it a bit too seriously. I mean to me, your post is exactly the kind of thing we would have to avoid if we went down the route of writing strict, definitive rules and I don't think anybody wants that. It's just like the other game thread with the 'lets pound these assholes'. Nobody wants to not be able to have rivalry among teams, its the never-ending stuff that people are sick of. 

And I think that's clearly different than just blowing up on someone for no reason or whatever. But there just ha to be some judgement involved, no way around it. 

All we're asking is for people to be reasonable and act rationally. 

just realized this thread is 4 pages long...I'll still reply to what I quoted :P

9 hours ago, Beketov said:

Thing is, overall and potential can only really be measured in the playoffs based off regular season performance. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

Logically speaking Helsinki should have done worse in the season since they have like 4 players. But since they didn’t it’s easy to assume their playoffs would go well to because that’s the predictor we have.

To be fair, we underperformed a LOT in the regular season. On paper (by TPA/Overalls), we have the best offense in the league, and it's not close. There was a lot of messing around with lines, so we never had a long look at any consistent line combos that might have worked. Not saying we were the favourite, but I think going into this series, things were a lot closer than everyone thought, given the volatility of our season.

As for Helsinki overachieving...we always knew it was going to be a weird season, maybe 2, as players normalize to the new update scale. The large amounts that were paid out to vets meant guys could still max out the important stats after being scaled back. I think there's still going to be some randomness next season, but it will start to stabilize a bit as the older guys retire.