Ottawa Lynx press conference

1. Welcome to Ottawa! Compared to our abysmal last season where do you think we will rank.

win the cup ez

2. Favourite VHL logo?

malmo

3. Favourite VHLM logo?

either the 21st or the reapers

4. Whats your favourite NHL team?

canucks

5. Do you like what position you were drafted at?

yea considering i was inactive prior to it

6. How do you feel about Ottawa so far?

its ok

1. I think we can we a cup this year because last year the team had a lot of issues that others teams did not but now every team is on a equal play field. Also with me and the rest of the rookies I think we can take it home.

2. Hands down it has to the Helsinki Titans logo.

3. Sorry Ottawa its the Houston bulls logo.

4. My favorite NHL team is the Calgary Flames because when I first saw there colors it stood out with the rest but then on have been loving the moves and players.

5. Yes I do it is a very fun place that you have to have skill to play and you don’t that extra like face offs for center.

6. Ottawa I like it, I am not gonna say I love because I am still very new but eventually I think I will love it and never want to leave. All of the fans and staff have been supportive and I even got to meet some legends of the club.

1. Welcome to Ottawa! Compared to our abysmal last season where do you think we will rank.

Just getting here and really trying to understand the league a bit. But I think we're going to be much better. I am on the team now. All kidding aside. I think we're going to be a solid team and someone the rest of the league will take notice of. 

2. Favourite VHL logo?

From a design standpoint I think the Menace branding and logo are fantastic. But I think there are very few weak logos. I would be happy to wear a lot of them!

3. Favourite VHLM logo?

With all respect to our own logo. I am a huge fan of Mexico City and their brand. Such a fresh logo and colors. 

Colorado Avalanche. Hometown represent. So many good young players on the team and really looking forward to seeing what they can do when they're not all hurt.

5. Do you like what position you were drafted at?

Getting to choose my own team in Free Agency is quite nice. I am not really concerned with draft position now as I move forward. I just want to be a good player!

Still feeling it out. But I know Acyd and he's a good dude. So I am expecting this to be a good place to play!

On 11/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, HulkHogan said:

2. Favourite VHL logo?

3. Favourite VHLM logo?

5. Do you like what position you were drafted at?

1) I think middle of the road to start, but i'm confident in the managers to make us a great team

2) Maybe bias, but Davos' logo is sick as fuck

3) I think the reapers, their logo is just so sick

4) Boston Bruins, ez

5) Not really, i was hoping to go way earlier but i started to buckle tpe wise so it makes sense

6) Pretty alright, we're where I expected to be, but it's pretty nice to be among the top 3 players on the team already

1. It has to be Dick Cheezy that is a easy one!

2. My production has actually been pretty bad compared to my actual stats but the pass few game have to been going pretty well for me one goal and two assists.

3. My favorite color is purple or violet whatever you want to call it, basically the davos logo type purple.

4. I have not been to NHL game wish I had but if I were to go to a game it would be the Calgary VS. The Oilers that what I would to see and watch.

5. Its depends on the cost of that playing card because I would probably sell it if it had a low price but if it had a low price I would do the opposite.

6. 0% because he would let Hulkamania run wild on me.

1. Favourite name in VHL?

Haven't seen many. So really only between the few I have seen. But I would say Gritty or Jerry Garcia at this point. Both are pretty fun names. 
2. Hows your production so far?

1 goal in 3 games. Not too bad tbh. I can see a lot more coming in the future!
3. Whats your favourite colour?

Dark purple. Usually paired with black. I like me some dark colors. 
4. Have you ever been to a NHL game? If yes what teams. If no what teams would you like to see?

I have been to see the Avs and Canes and will go to see the Avs and Canes again in about a month. Go Avs!
5. Would you rather have a wayne gretzky rookie card or a girlfriend?

Wayne Gretzky Signed Rookie Card please. 
6. What are your chances at beating Hulk Hogan in a fight.

Why would you fight your BROTHER?!

On 11/25/2019 at 1:34 PM, HulkHogan said:

1. Whats your favourite song? If you don't have one just choose a random one.

2. Got any questions about the league?

3. Saskatoon is currently 22-1 on a 20 game streak. When and who do you think they drop it to?

4. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

5. Where do you think you're going next season? VHLM or VHL draft? Stay down or go up?

6. Howmuch water do you drink on average per day?

1) Anything by Taylor Swift, she's my favvvvvv

2) How do i make it to the VHL? By the way what is the VHL?

3) Us, you got me on the team, plus yknow some other good players

4) A lot?

5) VHL Draft, unless i fuck up, then I'll prolly spend some time in the minezies

6) More than I should, but not bad for ya right?

Edited by ShawnGlade

Hello everyone, it’ll have to be Quadeca - I Don’t Care

I do I achieve greatest in the VHL?

I think we could do we just beat them and we just beat  the second-best team in the league and we can upset them one out of every ten games.

At least 50 trees.

I saying in the VHLM to win a championship with Ottawa.

Way more than I should.

1. Whats your favourite song? If you don't have one just choose a random one.

dayglow- can i call you tonight

2. Got any questions about the league?

no

3. Saskatoon is currently 22-1 on a 20 game streak. When and who do you think they drop it to?

us of course

4. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

5. Where do you think you're going next season? VHLM or VHL draft? Stay down or go up?

probably staying in the vhlm. prefer to stay in minors in sim leagues

6. Howmuch water do you drink on average per day?

not as much as i should

On 1/2/2019 at 5:35 AM, Eudaldkp said:

Some questions for you guys:

1. What are your opinions on the start of the season?

2. What are your objectives for this season?

3. Who do you think will take the Founder's Cup?

4. The Storm are off to a very slow start, do you think they'll end up catching a rythm and climbing to the top?

5. What is a trade that you would like to see in the Lynx?

6. Who do you think is going to be in the last place this year?

What are your opinions on the start of the season? my opinion is that we are doing well just need to work on the defence cuz offence comes with great defence and I don't think that many players r backcheckin but none the less we r doing well were all still young we got years to grow and get better so we're doing good for a rebuilding team.

What are your objectives for this season? my objective is to show everyone I can play here and y Ottawa should draft me to play for their team I already was here back with my old player (the original Michael rassmussen) but yeah and I wanna stay here in Ottawa to its where I started to be good with the old player so y not stay here and see if that same magic comes back and shows itself again.

Who do you think will take the Founder's Cup? I don't know to be honest I just wanna play and get better and worry about that later and show how much appreciation to Ottawa for bringing me back to play for their team is an honour, it's an honour to be back im actually surprised that I didn't show up my first game back tho cuz I was really wanting to show up for the fans of mine but a bit is good enough but that -2 isn't my strong suit let's get going and hopefully by the end I can go out their and score some points for ottawa.

The Storm are off to a very slow start, do you think they'll end up catching a rythm and climbing to the top? who knows u never know they could and maybe they can't it's all the sim that can make them do good or not maybe their not doinggood cuz their line chemistry isn't good maybe they will do good once the line chemistry gets better who knows yet though cuz it's to early to tell for now.

What is a trade that you would like to see in the Lynx? I don't know I'm not a guy to mess with management I'm basically here to have fun and listen to what management wants me to do they need me to fight I fight they need me to lay the body ill do that to they need me to play defence... I'll do that to... they need me to help the teams scoring ill do that... I'm a 2 way player I lean more towards offence though cuz Im mostly a playmaker I'm used to having a C on my chest I lead pretty well but even without it I'm still a good presence to have cuz I keep us all on task and keep us from getting to of topic before games but most of the time I'm listening to music and getting ready by practicing my super move that's called focus on my game and not the management I don't want no trades cuz I'm not a gm or assistant I'll leave that job up to the management staff like Hogan and all that to do that job that's up to them if they wanna trade not me cuz I don't wanna get into the middle of managements business they brought me in cuz I'm a legend and because I'm a person who loves to play the game not a person who messes with management.

Who do you think is going to be in the last place this year? I don't to hard to tell right now plus I don't really care about the place that teams are in i care about playing hockey and my team and my teammates and what's going on in the league don't matter to me unless its one of my friends or one of my teammates or my team if not I don't really care about it standings is just another number just like points it is just a number like the number on your jersey other then if it's your lucky number like my number 10 then yeah it's no other number but if it's not your lucky number then it's just another number basically so it don't matter to much so yeah I don't really care about who comes in last place I'm mostly here for fun and for playing hockey not for the stats I'm not really a numbers guy.

1. I think about 10 more games & then their season will start falling apart with more & more losing coming there way. 

2. I think its just great players having confidence in themselves to do great.

3. No we don’t we just beat Mexico City by Straight scoring so I think we won’t need it.

4. Roadkill Steve I have a suspicion for I see the guy play he is insane when he plays and might be on steroids or something.

5. I prefer assists but I like goals for myself but if I hand someone a assist I feel like I help them and me

6. Hits, its amazing when you hit someone but terrible when you get hit but its a trade off.

1. Saskatoon is still doing pretty decent going 35-1. I ask a similar question? How long can they truly sustain this. 

STHS is really known for it's random peaks and valleys. But if you get something that works - don't change it. I think it could go all season long. 

2. Whats the secret to Saskatoon's success?

Knowing the STHS system, most likely, and having the right players in the right places. I think it comes down to how scorers perform on each team. 

3. Do you think we should indulge into steroids to increase team performance.

Shoot 'em right into my ass, Coach. I am ready to get all roided up. 

4. Name a player who you think is on steroids.

Ryan Reaves

5. Do you prefer goals or assists?

Goals. Becoming an assist machine isn't really that hard in this system. 

6. Do you prefer hits or shot blocks?

Hits. I want my player to lay the wood, bb. 

1. I want my player to be all around great so a two way that can do everything on defense and offense so far I think I have been doing well at that.

2. I like racing, it is my second love.

3. Hot Take: In a graphic you can express yourself more then you can in a media spot but that's just my opinion.

4. I would want McDonald's to sponsor me because when I was really young and even now I have loved McDonald's so yeah, McDonald's would be my pick.

5. A PC

6. Cats, I own one.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, diamond_ace said:

1. How do you wanna build your player?

Joakim is working hard towards being known around the league for having one of the fastest gloves around, excellent anticipation and positioning and precise rebound placement. He's a big boy, so hopefully he will be able to get by just being in the way of most things.

2. Like any other sports?

Sure. I like football, basketball, and baseball, but usually only pay attention in the playoffs.

3. Do you prefer graphics or media spots and why?

Media. Writing lets you build a story, and I am not confident at all in my artistic abilities

4. What company could sponsor your player?

Ikea - because it is Swedish and causes people untold number of hours of agony cursing their name

5. What's something you want for christmas?

nice socks. You can never have enough, and they are constantly going missing.

6. Dogs or cats and why?

Dogs. They are always happy to see you, they will protect you and be your friend. Cats are just assholes who live in the same place.

1. Huh?

2. If I am being honest the wild have in the bag but the hounds and kings are sneaking up on them.

3. I am think the Titans will this season, Riga and Vancouver will contest as well for the title. 

4. My least favorite NHL Team is the Penguins the reason being is I am Calgary and Boston Bruin Fan etc.

5. I think Cup favorites with Me leading the pack I think we will be the favorites.

6. Pop Tarts are my favorite snacks eat them all the time on cheat days. Been loving them every since I was 8.

1 hour ago, HulkHogan said:

1. You can any player you want, what do you do.

Not sure about this question 

2. Who do you think wins the VHLM cup? 

I think the wild no doubt

3. What about the VHL cup?

The top three are pretty close so It could fall in any direction but I think Vancouver has it covered

4. What's your least favourite NHL team and player? I really don't like Chicago and I dont really have a least favorite player. 

5. How good do you think Ottawa will be next season?

I think were getting better every game so who knows what's going to happen next season. 

6. What's your favourite snack?

cheez-its all day 

1. You can any player you want, what do you do.

First thing I do is become Joe Thorton, grow the beard, enjoy life in sunny Cali. After that I want to live some of Roy and Hasek's best moments trough their eyes. 

2. Who do you think wins the VHLM cup?

This year it'll be down to us or Saskatoon

3. What about the VHL cup?

Not sure. I'm really not familiar with the pri circuit teams. Come back to me on this one please. 

4. What's your least favourite NHL team and player?

Team has got to be Vancouver, and current player is tough, there's not really an Avery or Carcillo. Let's stick with Kessler though, because I think he's still technically not retired. 

5. How good do you think Ottawa will be next season?

Cup baby. 

6. What's your favourite snack?

Let's say a fresh orange for the healthy side, dark chocolate for the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. What's something you want for christmas?

For Christmas I would like a new computer part. I'd like to build a new one this summer, and I want to start acquiring pieces for it to lower the upfront cost :)

2. What's something your player wants for Christmas?

Joakim would like a new glove. His is getting pretty worn and it isn't closing all the way. He is worried one of these days a puck might slip out and he would give up a bad goal as the result.

3. Do you think you know where you will be drafted?

No idea at all for either of the drafts. I'm enjoying my time in Ottawa and I'm working hard at getting better. I think I'd like to start next season, but I'm not sure how ready I will be by then for a full workload.

4. How do you feel about the VHL charity drive.

I think it is an awesome idea. Helps get some money into places that can use it and gives an incentive to people here to donate. Nice bonus if you can and are willing to.

5. Who do you think wins the cup now?

oh gosh this is all above my paygrade. I'll take a cheap answer and say Vancouver because they topped the league this season. Saskatoon for the same reason in the minor league.

6. Who do you think gets the first overall pick?

Chad Magnum. I had a look at his improvement and he has done a really good job recently being on top of everything to get the most out of his time in the Jrs.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe

1. You just got drafted/picked up. How does it feel?

- I want to cum

2. Have you ever been in any other sim Leagues?

- Yes, they make me horny

3. Whats your favourite VHLM logo?

- None of them unless it's the Hamilton Steelhawks

4. Do you know anybody in the league?

- Yes I know everybody, I'm Mr. Worldwide

5. What are your player goals for the season?

- I am score

6. Favourite snack?

- Cum

4 hours ago, HulkHogan said:

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe

6. Favourite snack?

Feels nice! Getting picked in the first round is always great stuff, so thanks for picking me,  hopefully I´m able to be a solid player for the team and help out!

I have, got players in couple other ones right now.

Houston perhaps, just a cool looking logo, colors are nice. In all honesty there is no bad logos, everyone looks good in their own way.

As in know someone really well outside the league as well? Noh, but quite few familiar names in general.

Hit, pass the puck around and hit some more. Going to be a physical player and make space for the other players in the team.

6. Favourite snack?

Banana, cant go wrong. Delicious.

pretty good

yes

probably San Diego's, it's pretty sick

yes

30 points

6. Favourite snack?

chex mix

Awesome!

Yes! SHL! I have a goalie with 3 McBrides (vezina equivalent) in 6 seasons, only one of 3 (or 4) goalies to ever get 3+ McBrides ?

The Lynx's

My SHL BOIS WASSUP GANG

Be good ?

6. Favourite snack?

Food! :D

On 1/12/2020 at 9:35 PM, HulkHogan said:

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe

6. Favourite snack?

1. Feels great! Second goalie taken overall, and obviously I'm not a household name yet from the draft stream. Ottawa knows what's up though

2. yup. This one and shl

3. Favorite I think would be reapers. it's unique

4. I know a few of our recent draftees. I was surprised to see their names pop up in the LR

5. Top goalie stats in the VHLM. Simple.

6. hmm.. specifically for snacks - salty chips