Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 6/2/2020 at 3:28 PM, DarkSpyro said:

Answer any of the 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. If you had to relate your player/ goalie to any NHL superstar, who would you pick? (Pick up to 2 players or goalies depending on your player’s position.)

2. If you had to pick 1 (current) VHL player or goalie to be your mentor in the big leagues, who would it be?

3. If you could pick any 3 (current) VHL player(s) or goalie(s) to play on the same team with you, who would they be?

4. If you had to choose 1 player from our team that has shown the fastest growth this season, who would you select?

5. What is your favourite looking Logo in the VHL?

6. If we were to be associated with a VHL team as there farm team, which VHL team would you want the Lynx to be associated with?

7. If our team makes a run for the Cup, who is the first person on to lift it if we won? 

8. What would you say your player or goalie’s specialty on the ice is?

1. I've always been a big fan of Leon Draisaitl, he's got the big frame and a little bit of an edge to him while also being able to put up unreal numbers.

2. @DoktorFunk has kinda taken me under his wing while I've been here so I wouldn't mind getting a chance to play with him out in Seattle.

3. I'd love to centre a line with RJ Jubis @Jubis and Kris Rice @Ricer13 on the wings, and let's get Jaxx Hextall @ROOKIE745 in net.

4. I don't think I've been here long enough so I'll defer to my teammates.

5. Obviously I gotta go with the Lynx, But I'm an Alberta boy so I'm quite partial to Calgary's logo as well.

6. Calgary so I can be close to home.

7. When we win the Cup, I'm sure whoever lifts it first will be the last thing on our minds.

8. I hope that I'm remembered as a player that worked like hell and gave everything he had to help the team win.

13 hours ago, ebay12 said:

1. I've always been a big fan of Leon Draisaitl, he's got the big frame and a little bit of an edge to him while also being able to put up unreal numbers.

2. @DoktorFunk has kinda taken me under his wing while I've been here so I wouldn't mind getting a chance to play with him out in Seattle.

3. I'd love to centre a line with RJ Jubis @Jubis and Kris Rice @Ricer13 on the wings, and let's get Jaxx Hextall @ROOKIE745 in net.

4. I don't think I've been here long enough so I'll defer to my teammates.

5. Obviously I gotta go with the Lynx, But I'm an Alberta boy so I'm quite partial to Calgary's logo as well.

6. Calgary so I can be close to home.

7. When we win the Cup, I'm sure whoever lifts it first will be the last thing on our minds.

8. I hope that I'm remembered as a player that worked like hell and gave everything he had to help the team win.

Glad I'd be your pick for goalie ^^

Answer any of the 6 questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. We are past the mid-season mark and so far we are still in a playoff spot. Considering how far back 5th is, how do you like our chances at making it to the playoffs?

2. What has stood out to you the most about your own player’s performance so far?

3. Would you like it if the VHLM had live sims for the playoffs? (like the VHL)

4. If you got the chance to be a guest on our DaSLN podcast, would you want to?

5. Which player in the league would you consider to be your rival?

6. What do you think your current reputation in the community is like? What would you want to be known for?

7. Are you excited to be participating in the WJC? (If you got selected)

13 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. We are past the mid-season mark and so far we are still in a playoff spot. Considering how far back 5th is, how do you like our chances at making it to the playoffs?

2. What has stood out to you the most about your own player’s performance so far?

6. What do you think your current reputation in the community is like? What would you want to be known for?

1.We can make playoffs easily if we work hard  ?
2. 2 shutouts ?
3. Then it would awesome at the same time embarrassing if u sucked in the game ?
4.No, sorry i dont know is that ?‍♂️
5. No one, all are friends :) 
6.IDK, i shoudnt boast abt myself other ppl should say abt me ;) 
7. Yes sir , Asia winning the ?

On 6/9/2020 at 11:27 AM, DarkSpyro said:

1. Given where we are in the standings, I think it's important that we don't get complacent and play some of our best hockey so that we can heat up come playoff time.

2. I'm a little surprised at the amount of hits I've been able to rack up, sometimes as much as five in a game.

3. Very much so.

4. Absolutely.

5. I'd much rather have friends than enemies, plus I don't think I've been in the league long enough to tick anyone off.

6. Still working on building those relationships, but I hope people find me agreeable.

7. I know some of the boys got picked and I'm going to be rooting for them.

Answer any of the 6 Questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. We have made a few trades before the trade-deadline, how do you think we did?

2. Since the trades involved 3 of our top players being moved, this probably hurt our chances for the playoffs this season. Are you ok with this?

3. We have 3 First round picks for this upcoming draft, including a good chance at the 1st Overall pick (on top of many other good picks). How do you think we will perform next season?

4. What is your goal for the remainder of the season?

5. If you could own any 3 cars, what would they be?

6. If you could choose who sang the national anthems at our home games, who would you pick for the job?

7. Are you a part of any other leagues or organizations aside from the VHL/M?

8. Do you have any hobbies outside of Hockey?

3. I think that we will perform well next season considering that the incoming players should make an immediate impact to the team. 
4. My goal for the remainder of the season is to get familiar with how the site works and to get as much tpe as possible. 

5. Bugatti Veyron, Ford Model T, Delorean. 
6. I’d want Rick Astley to sing at our home games. 
7. No I am not. 
8. I play intramural basketball in my free time, and a lot of xbox. 

8 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. We have made a few trades before the trade-deadline, how do you think we did?

2. Since the trades involved 3 of our top players being moved, this probably hurt our chances for the playoffs this season. Are you ok with this?

3. We have 3 First round picks for this upcoming draft, including a good chance at the 1st Overall pick (on top of many other good picks). How do you think we will perform next season?

6. If you could choose who sang the national anthems at our home games, who would you pick for the job?

1. We lost Big Chungus ?. But we did good for future :)
2. Maybe ?‍♂️
3. Good ?

4, Get good at the game ?
5.Nah, cars sucks. Better go on a Harley Davidson to games 
6.Anyone
7. SBA
8. BAsketball ?

On 4/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, diamond_ace said:

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Lynx?

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc?

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team?

@dea5shot @declanburns @CookieJo @Benm2110 @TWalkerFC @Hoopydog

@street @iRockstar @Beketov @Ahma @DeathOnReddit @eaglesfan036

1. This is new for me as this is my first player I’m just glad there was a team ready to offer new talent right away

2. Honestly I don’t have a preference for now but we will see

3. I’m not looking for any specific player I’m just hoping to grow the best I can

4. everyone’s goal is to win the cup and eventually make the HOF but right now I’m just looking to become an Ottawa legend 

5.  Boston is and has been my team for as long as I can remember 

16 hours ago, Crstats23 said:
On 4/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, diamond_ace said:

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Lynx?

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc?

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team?

@dea5shot @declanburns @CookieJo @Benm2110 @TWalkerFC @Hoopydog

@street @iRockstar @Beketov @Ahma @DeathOnReddit @eaglesfan036

1. Cool to get started with such a good team

2. Open to any and all

3. Score and Skate

4.Win as many cups as possible 

5. Ottawa

1. Hopefuly it will be great for the future.

2. Im ok with, and I think if we will play great we could make the playoffs.

3. I think that they will make big impact in our team.

4. I dont really have a goal. I just want to help my team.

5. Lamborghini Huracan, Audi R8, BMW M5

6. I dont really care :D

7. No i am not.

8. I play soccer.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:09 PM, DarkSpyro said:

1. It's a good move to start the rebuilding/retooling process for the Lynx after last years cup win. In the VHLM being mediocre will bring you nothing.

2. Yeah, like I said in the M it is hard to be competitive and I think the only way to have a chance for a cup is to sell the season prior.

3. It's gonna be a cup or bust season. Hopefully get to the cup and be top 3 regular season.

4. Crack 15 points in the big leagues.

7. No, there hasn't been any other sim leagues that I want to get into or have the time to do so.

8. Used to run Track and Field a lot before injuries. Snowboarding, skiing, art, honestly anything is pretty chill in my opinion. (except baseball)

Edited by Da_Berr

Answer any 6 Questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. We (Dok and Myself) decided to take the team out for some fun team building exercises. What do you suggest we do together as a team?

2. Where would you prefer to eat as a team? (Give a brief reason why)

3. Do you prefer taking the team bus, the team jet, or the public train to away games?

4. What brand(s) of hockey equipment do you use?

5. Do you return to your residence in Ottawa during the offseason, or go back home?

6. What is your player’s most notable contribution to the Ottawa Lynx Organization, or the VHL/M itself?

7. What is your player’s Jersey Number? (We will have a separate post for this next season)

Edited by DarkSpyro

1. If we don't go glow bowling I'm going to riot. 

2. We have to eat local. Probably the Momo Spot, they have great vegetarian options. 

3. The team bus easy. Watching Izzy Valencia prank the driver is some of the funniest memories I'll ever have. 

4.  You have to go Bauer or riot. Nothing else will ever be like some of the revolutionary sticks they've put out. 

5. I prefer going back home to visit the family. Maybe when I get more settled, but also you said Vancouver and you're the AGM of Ottawa. 

6. Considering I'm the only defense man that shows up to practice, I would say a lot of the back end rides on my success. 

7. 38

1. Bowling easy choice there

2. gotta eat locally especially the family run places 

3.for me the bus because it brings back the days of playing In high school 
4. Bauer mostly  but I’ll switch it up to CCM if I’m in a slump

5. I love to go home and visit my family in the off-season and it let’s me step away from being a hockey player for a bit

6. Showing up everyday ready to play while putting the team success ahead of my own

7. 23 

3 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

1. We (Dok and Myself) decided to take the team out for some fun team building exercises. What do you suggest we do together as a team?

3. Do you prefer taking the team bus, the team jet, or the public train to away games?

5. Do you return to your residence in Ottawa during the offseason, or go back home?

6. What is your player’s most notable contribution to the Ottawa Lynx Organization, or the VHL/M itself?

7. What is your player’s Jersey Number? (We will have a separate post for this next season)

1. BBQ with the boys

2. Some good local food, no point going further since time is money.

3. Team jet all the way!

4. Warrior & GRAF

5. Going back home, I miss mom's boar stew too much

6. Over point per game so far in 23 games. 

7. 68

- Joromir Jogr

On 6/23/2020 at 6:04 AM, DarkSpyro said:

2.Anywhere, is fine
3. Public train to away games. Gives me time to sleep
4.Nike maybe! 
5.Go back home :) 
6. 4 Shutouts, maybe 

7. 29. Long story 

On 6/23/2020 at 2:34 AM, DarkSpyro said:

1. Something that makes smile on our faces.

2. I dont really care unless its a good meal.

3. Team jet.

4. Bauer.

5. Im going to go back home I want to see my parents...

6. My 20 points in 25 games.

7. 10

Press Conference GUEST EDITION

Answer any of the 6 Questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. Well, the season is over! Despite losing in the first round, I think you guys did a great job staying competitive after your midseason trades. How do you feel about the team's performance, now that it's all said and done?

2. What about your own personal performance? Did you hit your personal milestones for the season?

3. What is your least favorite appetizer? 

4. Looking forward to next season, do you think you will be moving up to the VHL or playing another season in the VHLM?

5. Predict the next season the Lynx will win a cup. 

6. Who do you think is the team MVP from this season, and why?

7. Give me some music recommendations for the team bus!

8. If you are a hockey fan IRL, what team do you just love to hate?

1. I feel that the team did well especially considering some thought we’d be swept 

2. joining after the TDL I didn’t have any goals for my self 

3. my least favorite appetizer is anything with seafood 

4. I’ll be playing another season in the VHLM

5. I think this team has a good chance to contend 

6. Ajay because without him we would have been dominated in the playoffs if we would have made them anyway 

7. 80’s rock 

8. I love to hate Toronto 

2. I didn’t really set any milestones for myself considering I was new to the VHL/VHLM but i feel i performed well

4. I think I’ll play another season in the VHLM

5. Next Season

6. Joromir Jogr because he was always a  consistent point scorer

7. Queen

8. Maple Leafs

1. I think we did a great job even making the playoffs. Signing me at the deadline provided enough back line to keep us in it. 

2. I think my personal milestone was getting a point a game in the last 5 or so games in the season. Schauer started slow but picked it up later on. 

3. Anything fish related sucks. 

4. Seeing as though I'm a S74 prospect I have no choice but to play in the minors. If I had the choice, I would stay down there anyway. 

5. Lynx win it next season. 

6. Ajay is 100% our MVP. He was the core reason why we stayed competitive for the rest of the season. 

7. Sweet Caroline all the way through. 

1. We did what we should do as a team!
2. Yes! i got .891 saving %, wanted .90 but whateverr
5. Lynx will win it all 
6. The whole team, we did what we should do
7.. Dont like music
8. Any team is fine Oof

On 7/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

Press Conference GUEST EDITION

Answer any of the 6 Questions below for 2 capped TPE:

1. Well, the season is over! Despite losing in the first round, I think you guys did a great job staying competitive after your midseason trades. How do you feel about the team's performance, now that it's all said and done?

2. What about your own personal performance? Did you hit your personal milestones for the season?

3. What is your least favorite appetizer? 

4. Looking forward to next season, do you think you will be moving up to the VHL or playing another season in the VHLM?

5. Predict the next season the Lynx will win a cup. 

6. Who do you think is the team MVP from this season, and why?

7. Give me some music recommendations for the team bus!

8. If you are a hockey fan IRL, what team do you just love to hate?

1. We did great but next season we are going to win the cup.

2. My biggest milestone was to just perfrom great.

3. I dont really hate any appetizer.

4. Probably going to stay another season here in VHLM.

5. Yes 100% we are winning the cup.

6. Ajay.

8. I am Boston fan so I love to hate St. Louis Blues.