Ottawa Lynx press conference

On 9/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Matt thunder said:

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending September 26, 2021

1 draft is finallly over, happy with our picks? would you change something?

2 PREDICTIONS ARE NOW OPEN, where would you think we will end thanks to the new players that we have drafted?

3 what is the first thing that comes in your mind when you think about the ottawa Lynx? (a player? a logo?)

4 WJC is near it's end, who do you think will win? (not asia for sure)

5 what would you pick with you if you were going in the space?

6 Talking about space,would you love to go on a vacantion in space?

1. I lam happy with our picks. Maybe I would have selected some more d-men.

2. I think if we develop our players and pick up some more pieces we can contend.

3. I think of the chicken nugget obsession that I have been infected with. I regret nothing.

4. I think team world already won. 

5. My Switch. I would play Mario Galaxy in space.

6. What an experience that would be. That would be a dream to me.

Edited by Will3

On 9/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, MetalToday said:

1 draft is finally over, happy with our picks? would you change something?

2 PREDICTIONS ARE NOW OPEN, where would you think we will end thanks to the new players that we have drafted?

3 what is the first thing that comes in your mind when you think about the Ottawa Lynx? (a player? a logo?)

4 WJC is near it's end, who do you think will win? (not Asia for sure)

5 what would you pick with you if you were going in the space?

6 Talking about space, would you love to go on a vacation in space?

1. I'm extremely happy with our picks, we have a nice mix of vets and eager newbies.

2.Well I wasn't quite sure but after our first week we have been rolling, I think we have a good shot of making a dent in the playoffs

3.  I've always loved Lynx as an animal so i think of lynx hopping in the snow and on ice.

4. Canada I think is the easy answer.

5. I'd probably say the full 9 season box set of Seinfeld

6.Maybe a short vacation like a long weekend, but space for over a week sounds pretty depressing in my opinion.

1. I think our picks were excellent, I went first overall to y'all and I'm glad to be here.

2. Oh we're def a contender for the cup this year, I mean look at how we're performing, we're stacked.

3. I think of the VHLM and my ADHD brain then makes me think of hockey and then the Tampa Bay lightning and then the fact that WE'RE BACK TO BACK STANLEY CUP CHAMPS BABY.

4. I didn't pay any attention to the WJC, mainly because it just doesn't really affect me if we win or lose in the WJC. But yeah Asia got dumpstered.

5. I'd take a metric ton of M&Ms so that I could do the thing where the astronauts eat candy in zero gravity.

6. I'm too extroverted to be in space for that long, I'd die of loneliness.

Week Ending October 3, 2021

WHAT A START WHAT A START, the season finally started and we are on fire, are you happy with the results?

2 talking about the team, is there something that you would like to change?

3 Just by what you have seen so far, who, in your opinion, will  win the VHLM, VHLE and VHL?

4 Who do you think is the best player right now in the team?

5 Music time, what is your favorite song of all time or the song that you have been listening more lately? 

6 Is, in your opinion, the VHLE, off to a great start? would you love to play there?

1. I am happy with the results because of how the team is playing, I’m just not happy with my results because I know I can do better.

2. Their is nothing about the team that I would change at the moment, everyone is playing great and we are winning games.

3. I think we (Ottawa Lynx) will win the VHLM,  Vikings or Red Wolves could win the VHLE, and the Vancouver Wolves could win the VHL.

4. I think the best player on the team is Austin Towbaker because he has the most goals and points and I think he’s just playing very well.

5. The song that I have been listening to the most recently is STAY by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber.

6. Yes, I think the VHLE is off to a great start because the team is simulating very well and I think we have a shot at winning it all this season.

58 minutes ago, Matt thunder said:

WHAT A START WHAT A START, the season finally started and we are on fire, are you happy with the results?

3 Just by what you have seen so far, who, in your opinion, will  win the VHLM, VHLE and VHL?

5 Music time, what is your favorite song of all time or the song that you have been listening more lately? 

6 Is, in your opinion, the VHLE, off to a great start? would you love to play there?

1. Yes, I am very happy with how things are going.

2. Wouldn't change a thing. We have good staff and good player.

3. Malmo is doing well, the VHLE is too close to call,and I think we can win the VHLM.

4. Austin has led this team in scoring. He is the best player on our team and one of the best players in the league.

5. I listened to a wide variety of musical genres. Recently I have been listening to some gaming music.

6. VHLE is off to a great start. It seems highly competitive.  I would give playing there a chance.

I'm happy with the results so far, have to officially take a look at the standings but looks like every game we play is a huge win, and its been really nice so far.

Not really, the team seems to be doing good at whatever we are doing, and I'm happy that Juice Box is contributing.

3 Just by what you have seen so far, who, in your opinion, will  win the VHLM, VHLE and VHL?

probably Istanbul in the VHLE, us in the VHLM, Warsaw in the VHL

I doubt I'm the best but I do know that Juice Box is playing pretty well, and potentially be in contention for the Defensemen of the Yr award, assuming thats a thing.

5 Music time, what is your favorite song of all time or the song that you have been listening more lately? 

Not really a music person tbh.

Have not really paid attention to it too much. In general am not really sold on the idea of three leagues as something I would be interested in though.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. I'm ecstatic, 16-1 is the dream and we're living it.

2. I'd probably change our record from 16-1 to 17-0 but nothing else no.

3. We'll win for sure, but I haven't been paying attention to the other leagues! I'm just focused on the Minor league rn but I'll take a shot in the dark, Toronto win the VHL, and Istanbul wins the E.

4. Probably Austin! the man is absolutely on fire right now and on pace to destroy some records.

5. My favorite song ever is "Voice of the Soul" by a band called Death, and I've been listening to a lot of sad boy music lately so I've been listening to I don't wanna waste my time by Joji lately. 

6. I'm excited for my next season in the E, I'll be looking forward to seeing some of my teammates here trying to score on me (and failing) next year. 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. Happy? I'm thrilled! to be a part of something this special my rookie season is only I thought would happen in my dreams.

2. I think we're all playing very well, and wouldn't want to break up the ju-ju, if we keep doing what we're doing we should be in great shapre for the rest of the season!

3. I think us in the M, E is a toss-up very evenly matched, but if I had to choose I'd say the Gladiators, and in VHL i'll go with the Wolves.

4.Juice Box has been the heart and soul of this squad.

5.I've been listening to "City Hell" by Jockstrap on repeat for the last week

6.It seems like its off to a chaotic start and that is always fun in sim leagues when alot of teams are competitive.

Week Ending October 10, 2021

1 Yukon defeated us, do you think we will get our revenge in the playoffs? (if you do not say yes you aren't a true Lynx)

2 talking about playoffs, what teams will be in the playoffs? (I know two teams that will for sure be in the playoffs lol)

3 with wich player do you get more along? 

4 last time we talked about music now we will talk about films, what is the name of your favorite film?

5 let's talk about sports now, what other sports do you like? or you just like hockey?

6 if you could have an other nationality, which one would you like?

Edited by Matt thunder

3 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1 Yukon defeated us, do you think we will get our revenge in the playoffs? (if you do not say yes you aren't a true Lynx)

2 talking about playoffs, what teams will be in the playoffs? (I know two teams that will for sure be in the playoffs lol)

4 last time we talked about music now we will talk about films, what is the name of your favorite film?

5 let's talk about sports now, what other sports do you like? or you just like hockey?

1. They have been tough. But if we keep growing, I know that we will claim revenge when it matters most.

2. Houston, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia will most likely be joining us in the playoffs.

3. 16z. He has given me so much. I am so thankful to have him as a GM and friend. 

4. Empire Strikes Back. Best film ever made.

5. Hockey, Football, soccer, basketball, baseball. About in that order.

6. Am actually part Chech. I would accept that nationality if I could. 

Edited by Will3

1 Yukon defeated us, do you think we will get our revenge in the playoffs? (if you do not say yes you aren't a true Lynx)

Of course and we still have a few games with them to tie it up in the season series so that would make a potential playoff matchup something to watch

Minnesota is a team that's been consistently improving and should be an optimal opponent whenever the playoffs come around

My assistant of course, he's been confident, busy and keeps me excited for the future 

4 last time we talked about music now we will talk about films, what is the name of your favorite film?

The Goonies is a classic

5 let's talk about sports now, what other sports do you like? or you just like hockey?

Football, basketball and soccer but can only play football really xD

I think being Swedish would be cool!

On 10/7/2021 at 11:46 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Of course! We are the best. GO LYNX GO!!!

2. Defenetly the best teams in this season.

3. Im more the the lonely lynx. But i will say everyone.

4. Im shamed to say, but i like Twilight. Also Harry Potter, Fast and Furious, Hunger games.

5. Basketall is great, football (soccer)

6. Latvian, and i dont want to other. Im proud to be Latvian.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Heck ya, or at least i hope so 😕 Yukon are a tough team but we still have alot of player imrproving over the next few weeks.

2. Us, Yukon, Minny, and Houston for sure.

3.I get most along with the red menace, he has been great in the net for us and I think hes been the main reason we've been killing it.

4.Dumb and DUmber

5. Football #1 for me :)

6. Swiss

1. Yes, we will get our revenge and try to win it all.

2. Ottawa and Yukon, Minnesota and Huston. 

3. everyone because if you don't get along with teammates then you could bring the team down.

4. Deadpool

5. I like football and baseball, but I'm mostly a hockey guy.

6. Australian. 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Of course we will.

2. Right now the focus isn't on the other teams, its just on us and how we can get better

3. I'm the quiet guy in the locker room.....i have no issues with anyone though :D

4.  Too many to name

5. BAsketball and football

6.  Man, I would want to create one 

Week Ending October 17 , 2021

1 The team lately is having an up and down moment, do you think we will be able to get back in the shape of the start of the season?

2 Are you happy with your player stats? were you aiming for more or less?

3 Lately we have signed some free agents, are you happy with our recruits? (finally @NickSunderbruch can have a break lol)

4 Some days ago some players talked about other simulation leagues on the discord server, so, if you have played in an other simulation league, wich one would you recommend? 

5 What is the thing that you miss more from your childhood? (I miss a lot of things to be honest)

6 If Ottawa had to change name, wich one would you recommend? (to be honest I like the name: ottawa lumberjacks)

38 minutes ago, Matt thunder said:

1 The team lately is having an up and down moment, do you think we will be able to get back in the shape of the start of the season?

3 Lately we have signed some free agents, are you happy with our recruits? (finally @NickSunderbruch can have a break lol)

4 Some days ago some players talked about other simulation leagues on the discord server, so, if you have played in an other simulation league, wich one would you recommend? 

5 What is the thing that you miss more from your childhood? (I miss a lot of things to be honest)

6 If Ottawa had to change name, wich one would you recommend? (to be honest I like the name: ottawa lumberjacks)

1. If we build toward defense, things will stable out.

2. My stats are going in the right direction. Was hoping for more, but I not complaining.

3. We have needed the depth. Top line on both sides have done well, but seven solid lines of offense and defense. Not that The Red Menace need to take a break. He has been fantastic in net.

4. Depends on the complexity you want. SBA and EFL offer a similar experience to the VHL. GFSA and SCFL are less complex. PBE is more complex.

5. Mainly the people. All my grandparents are dead as are some older relatives. I do miss them.

6. I would recommend the Ottawa Mounties, referencing the iconically Canadian Royal Mounted Police. Ottawa Lumberjacks does sound good though.

Edited by Will3

52 minutes ago, Matt thunder said:

There's plenty of time now to make the adjustments needed but we need to act fast if we want to keep our pace. Not really worried about the season if things continue though, we have a solid team that's ready for the playoffs and adjusting for that is a must

I'm happy to see a big three form for us and we have some decent secondary scoring too.. Trying my best to get the rookies involved and players with low totals but so far nothing is really clicking for a majority of them

Yeah I think Zachary Major added to our defensive core and now our depth have some blue liner experience. Ed Nu has yet to start but his activity is through the roof so far and definitely deserves more starts than I thought

I liked my time in EFL the best out of all sim leagues I've been part of, depends on what kind of experience you want, EFL is more relaxing but SBA and SHL can get your competitive juices flowing

Coming home and watching cartoons all night

I'm really bad with team names but.. The Ottawa Beavers?

On 10/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. I'll be honest I think we will start to go through a bit of a rough patch- we started off the season hot, and we now have a lot of players capped while other teams are still improving. We have a good squad but we will certainly be having some tougher matchups

2.Im surprised by my stats, i never thought I would be so involved offensively

3. Yep, they are fitting right in!

4. I'm in a few sim leagues, I would recommend ISFL and PBE to anyone curious/ enjoys baseball and football.

5. I miss being able to go to the park and play on the playground.

6. Louisville Lynx or Ottawa Tundra.

1  The team lately is having an up and down moment, do you think we will be able to get back in the shape of the start of the season?

I am a new person in the team, but judging by the spirit and attitude, we are guaranteed to take off)

Of course I want to spend more time on the field, but I also understand that I am still young and inexperienced)

3 Lately we have signed some free agents, are you happy with our recruits? (finally @NickSunderbruch can have a break lol)

All the players are trying to give their best for the sake of the team, there is no such thing that I am a "star" and you are "garbage" everyone is trying to help each other

I was one of those who asked, but in terms of implementation, convenience and interest, this league is great. And so I would watch football in the same style

There are a lot of things from childhood, freedom and ignorance about all the bad things that are happening in the world. But now I'm almost in my childhood, I have a child)))

"Ottawa kittens" 

1-I think we can get back to winning games but I don't see us breaking records anymore.

2-My player has certainly got pretty good over last few games, I hope it continues.

3-It does give more opportunity to play around are lines and system.

4-I haven't played any, but heard good things about them.

5-Damm that's a hard question. Probably not caring about the big things.

6-Anything really to do with history. Bringing back to the wood industry with the log riders and all.  

On 10/15/2021 at 8:03 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. Looks like a solid team and should find some mojo moving forward.

2. Just starting out so I have no stats. Is crushing hits a stat?

3. Not sure about anyone in the league. I am too new to know the players.

4. I have been in many and they all have something that seems better but non of them are better than the VHL. IMO

5. I can't remember my childhood so it must have been unremarkable. 

6. I think the Ottawa Beaver Tails would my choice.

Edited by Steve

On 10/15/2021 at 5:03 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Of course. We just like a cat plays with mouse. 

2. I like my player stats. Not bad for defender. Aiming to be the Best. 

3. Wow thats great. We gained More muscles. 

4. I have payed few, but VHL is the Best wich i have payed. 

5. Ice cream, now at it isnt šo tasty. 

6. Ottawa Hedgehog

1. The Management for the Ottawa Lynx is doing a really good job so far at keeping this team in tip top shape. I have zero doubt they can't fix this.

2. I'm okay with my player stats, I'm hoping for 30+ next season.

3. Yep, these new recruits really add some Starpower and depth to the squad.

4. Never played in another one before.

5. My first house. I lived there until I was 9.

6. I would like something more Canadian. Like Ottawa Canadians.