Ottawa Lynx press conference

OTTAWA LYNX PRESS CONFERENCE :ott:

Week Ending Jenuary 2, 2022

last presser of the year edition.

1 with this year near to his end, what are yoir objectives for next year in the vhl?

2 What do you want to see changing in the vhl next year? (I want an all star game so bad)

3 The regular season is near to his end, do you have any regrets? ( did you want to score more goals or make more assists?)

4 With the playoffs so near, what are your objectives for the playoffs?

5  What team is, for you, the most dangerous during the playoffs.

6 Would you like to have a player who wins always the championship but never a personal award or a player that always wins personal awards but never the championship?

1 with this year near to his end, what are yoir objectives for next year in the vhl?

I'd like for Dvorak to make it to the VHL and become a solid, contributing player.

2 What do you want to see changing in the vhl next year? (I want an all star game so bad)

An all-star game would be great. To be honest, I don't have too many changes I'd want to see. Just want this to continue to be the fun and welcoming community that it is as we hopefully iron out the negatives.

3 The regular season is near to his end, do you have any regrets? ( did you want to score more goals or make more assists?)

It's hard to have many regrets about our team performance so for me it's all individual. I would've loved to score more, yeah. Although the defensemen who were better than me seemed to not have much trouble, so I can't complain too much.

Win the cup. Nothing else. That's what I want to do in the VHLM.

5  What team is, for you, the most dangerous during the playoffs.

I mean, the Aces or the Bulls for sure. But then it'd be obvious that they'd be dangerous since if we met them it'd be in the finals. Within our own conference, I think Philadelphia could surprise some people. There's more talent on that roster than their record might suggest.

6 Would you like to have a player who wins always the championship but never a personal award or a player that always wins personal awards but never the championship?

That's a tough one. I think it depends on the team I'm on, and it's a close call, but in most situations I'd go with championships without personal awards. I've had hall of fame players already, so why not just enjoy the team success with a good group of members?

12 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1. I wanna earn as much tpe as possible but also I would have liked to spend one more season in the vhl with Ottawa I really liked it here :(

2.all star game would be awesome! I think that’s a good idea :3 or maybe even a little prospects tournament as well

3.would love to stay in Ottawa longer

4. My objective is for our team to win :3

5.Houston is a pretty intimidating team :3

6.I want a player that wins a championship that’s my favourite thing :)

16 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

1. In general I guess probably gearing myself up for the long haul, we don't have many picks or returning players so we wont have any room for error

2. Hopefully less meta players overall 

3. Probably a bad idea to make a trade for another forward when we were set, huge regret for me

4. Just let it ride, hopefully we can get a dub before entering the post season but if we lose all of that is behind us, we'll go back to the basics and start fresh, hopefully play like we did at the beginning of the season

5. I think since goaltenders are a thing this year they will be a difference maker for sure, next up would.be scoring and Houston has proven that they can do that very well during the second half

6. Championships because individual award winners are voted on and not always accurate, cant really argue with someone who won it all, especially if it was multiple times!

On 12/31/2021 at 3:12 AM, Matt thunder said:

Week Ending January 2, 2022

Last presser of the year edition.

1 With this year near to his end, what are your objectives for next year in the VHL?

2 What do you want to see changing in the VHL next year? (I want an all star game so bad)

1. To play on a good team and contribute.

2. Fix the exploit with the no passing meta FFS.

3. I have no regrets. As a checking defenseman to get over a ppg and finish on the plus side, it's more than I expected.

4. To win the cup. 

5. At this point, all the other teams are a threat.

6. I think the cup with a sprinkle of personal awards would be a good balance but winning as a team comes first.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:12 AM, Matt thunder said:

1. I would like to just progress in my career and hopefully win a championship.

2. I agree that an all star game would be awesome.

3. I don't think I have any regrets. I had a slow start but have been able to pick up some points as of late.

4. Win. We have a great team, so I think we have just as good of a chance as any team to go all the way.

5. Las Vegas and Houston are the two most dangerous teams in the playoffs.

6. Personally, I like winning more. Winning a championship would just be more fun for me.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:12 AM, Matt thunder said:

1.To win the playoffs 

2. The all star week I think might good and best Rockies other season.

3. 1 goal this season and 2 assists but there is room for improvement.

4.To win.

5. All of in the playoffs because they where the best out through the season.

6. Championship because I am team player 

Week Ending Jenuary 9, 2022

1 We just passed the first round, what are you thoughts, was it easy, do you have any regrets?

2 Who would you like to play against in the next round?

3 Who are you scared to play against in the next round?

4 Who is the best player of the playoffs so far (It can be from Ottawa  but also from an other team)?

5 Prediction time: who, for you, will win the playoffs?

6 If we will be able to win the playoffs, how will you celebrate?

On 1/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, Matt thunder said:

1 We just passed the first round, what are you thoughts, was it easy, do you have any regrets?

Sweeping the first round always gives you more confidence going into the next round. I think this win will help us do better as we move through the rest of the playoffs. 

I would like to play against a team that we are able to win against but not too easy because the closer the series, the more entertaining it is. 

I am scared to play against Houston or Las Vegas because they are the teams that gave us the most trouble during the regular season.

4 Who is the best player of the playoffs so far (It can be from Ottawa  but also from an other team)?

Alex TheGreat from the Aces has shown amazing talent with 14 points in their team's first round sweep.

I think the Lynx are going back to back.

If we win I will celebrate with a non-alcoholic cold one.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. It was every easy and no regrets. 
2. Anyone. 
3. No one.

4. everyone on are team. 
5. We will. 
6. Party hard. 

On 1/5/2022 at 12:18 PM, Matt thunder said:

Week Ending January 9, 2022

1. It was easy and I have no regrets.

2. Any team that is weak and sickly.

3. Any strong and healthy team.

4. I can't tell how others have done. It doesn't paint the whole picture of the player. I would say the whole Ottawa team is the best player.

5. We will win the cup. It won't be easy though.

6. I will give all my team mates a big kiss on the mouth. Tongue or no tongue, your option.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, Matt thunder said:

1.I regret nyathing! :3

2.we’ll im not sure but us playing Sam Diego has been super competitive:3

3.I’m scared of no one I hit and fight them! :3

4.the whole team has been playing really well I wanna give credit to so many guys :3

5.we will win :3

6. 16z and thunder are having a party a some animatronic pizza place they kind of scare me tho :3

1. It was a good series. I don’t regret anything.

2. It doesn’t matter to me.

3. San Diego because they got very good at the end of the season.

4. Me.

5. Ottawa.

6. Go to Tims and get some donuts and party like there’s no tomorrow.

Week Ending Jenuary 16 , 2022

1 WOW, we are finally back in the finals, does this surprise you?

2 Our record against Vegas is at 2-2, who do you think will win?

3 Do you have any idea on how to turn around this situation?

4 In the game 7 against San Diego, when we won, did you scream? I did lol and my mom yelled at me :( 

5 What do you think is our biggest strenght?

6 Last week @Steve said that if we are going to win  against vegas he was going to kiss every team mates of the Ottawa Lynx, but do you want that kiss to be with the tongue or with no tongue?

2 hours ago, Matt thunder said:

4 In the game 7 against San Diego, when we won, did you scream? I did lol and my mom yelled at me :( 

6 Last week @Steve said that if we are going to win  against vegas he was going to kiss every team mates of the Ottawa Lynx, but do you want that kiss to be with the tongue or with no tongue?

1. Not really, 16z has built an amazing team for these years and I'm honoured to be apart of it.

2. We are back and forth. But I am 100% sure that we can come out with another VHLM win.

3. Las Vegas is a great team, but I think we have that other notch above them that we have to step up to.

4. I was definitely happy. Mostly because we were the underdogs. It's a great feeling.

5. We have players with playoff experience and veterans who have great leadership.

6. 😳

On 1/14/2022 at 1:10 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Not at all. We are a strong team.

2. We will win but it will be a good long series.

3. Nope, I let the coach figure out all that big brain stuff.

4. I wet myself

5. We win a lot while using different lines and strats.

6. I was impressed that all my team mates chose the "with tongue" option.

On 1/14/2022 at 12:10 PM, Matt thunder said:

1.not really we have a super talented bunch of frens!

2.well seeing as how we won im super happy however im impressed with how competitive vegas is :3

3.da managers threw me through a table to motivate the team :3

4.oof nah i just did a little fist pump i was super happy :3

5.our versatility is our greatest strength we could change so many thing and go anywhere and always be super competitive

6.anything from that qt :3

Not really, to be honest. I think we were comfortably in the top two teams in the VHLM based on roster strength. Plus we were the best team in the regular season anyways.

You know, I think we will. No particular reason. Just a hunch.

No but whatever ideas people had must've worked. Can't fix what isn't broken.

I didn't because I didn't even know we made it to Game 7! Was a nice surprise to find out later that we were in the finals.

Depth. Considering players are capped at 200 TPA in the VHLM, once you get to the playoffs star power becomes less important. So the best thing you can do is to have strength in depth with a good amount of players around the 200 mark. And if you look at our roster, we've got every skater above 150 (5 defensemen and 7 forwards capped) and our starting goalie at 200. That's a really good spot to be in for a playoff run. 

6 Last week @Steve said that if we are going to win  against vegas he was going to kiss every team mates of the Ottawa Lynx, but do you want that kiss to be with the tongue or with no tongue?

No tongue. Gotta be safe with COVID and all.

With such a team and such a coach, it was not surprising that we were in the final)

So we won)

Do not change the course in which the team is going now

4 In the game 7 against San Diego, when we won, did you scream? I did lol and my mom yelled at me :( 

Unfortunately it's the middle of the night when the simulation game is on

Our strength is in the coach and the team where everyone tries to support the other

6 Last week @Steve said that if we are going to win  against vegas he was going to kiss every team mates of the Ottawa Lynx, but do you want that kiss to be with the tongue or with no tongue?

I think I'll refrain, I'll have enough of the usual handshakes)

1 WOW, we are finally back in the finals, does this surprise you?

Well not really, we planned to do it from the start and almost doesn't feel real still. I was suprised when the Marlins had 3 wins though xD

At the time going back to Ottawa was huge and definitely knew we could do it, win it all? Couldn't say after the previous series.. We ended up having more puck luck in the end with all our shooters 

Hehehe.. Cant say I do ;) (more offense did the trick)

4 In the game 7 against San Diego, when we won, did you scream? I did lol and my mom yelled at me :( 

Oh yeah I was pumping myself up all day listening to music, did a lap around the house lmao

5 What do you think is our biggest strength?

Having a complete 3 lines, nothing anybody could do to sneak attack us like the Rush almost did perfectly in the last final

6 Last week @Steve said that if we are going to win  against vegas he was going to kiss every team mates of the Ottawa Lynx, but do you want that kiss to be with the tongue or with no tongue?

He didn't give me a choice but I respect him for going through with it and reacting with kiss emojis to the whole team hahahaha

On 1/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, Matt thunder said:

1. Nah not really best team in the league. 
2. The Ottawa Lynx

3. Yeah. Score more goals then other team.

4.Nah after had couple pints. 

5. The penalty killers

6.  On tongue 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa Lynx :ott: Press Conference 

Answer 3 -> 1 Capped TPE 

Answrer 6 -> 2 Capped TPE

1. Welcome to another season of VHLM hockey! Which of our prospects do you think was our biggest steal in the draft? 

2. What's the first thing you hope to accomplish going into the season? Do you have a long list of goals or are you aiming to the top in one category??

3. It seems like the league has a little shortage in defenders this season, what does this mean for you? What kind of approach should we take for the first handful of games??

4. Most of the team has joined the Discord locker room and things are adding up, moving forward do you have any suggestions for a channel or ways we should get hype before each game?

5. Our T.V. contract ended with our providers recently and the manager decided to go local, what would be a good name for the new channel?

6. With back to back championships the fans have been acting crazier than ever, what's the oddest thing you've seen a fan dressed in or thrown on the ice during your career?

7. GM Chikeen Nugett offered the players 100 tickets in the nosebleeds or 5 tickets front row for their families and friends, what did you choose?

Edited by Zack

• 2 weeks later...

Week Ending Febuary 6 , 2022

1 The season is just started and what do you think of it? are we off to a good start or should we do more?

2 Who do you think will be our biggest rival this season?

3 Is this your first time in the VHLM or are you used to the vhl forum?

4 Personal question, what made you join the vhl forum?

5 If you had to choose between playing for Mississagua and not eating for 2 days, what would you choose? 

6 What do you think is the biggest strenght of the team? The defense? the attack? the friendship between the players?

1. I believe this is a great contender. But we need to find a way to eliminate the Reapers.

2. Like i said before the Reapers are a great enemy to us.

3. This is my second player. I am somewhat familiar with the fourms

4.  I always liked NHL Be a Pro and thought it would be cool to join something like it on my PC

5.  Not eating. I love the Lynx and have no plans on moving

6. Denfinetly great Goaltending. And the chemistry is good also. 

On 4/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, diamond_ace said:

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Lynx?

I'm excited, they were one of the first teams to offer me a contract.

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

I might eventually want to play for Los Angeles since I'm from the LA area.

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

I'm just trying to build a player that can score a lot of goals, and set up my teammates.

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc?

A cup or 2 would be nice.

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team?

Los Angeles Kings

@dea5shot @declanburns @CookieJo @Benm2110 @TWalkerFC @Hoopydog

@street @iRockstar @Beketov @Ahma @DeathOnReddit @eaglesfan036