Ottawa Lynx press conference

Just now, Mike_Houle said:

That was just a shot in the dark, honestly! I dumped a lot of points into it right away 

If someone passes you the puck and your skating is good but your shooting is bad, you get to the puck, and then you get a shot off and maybe it goes in maybe it doesn't. 
If someone passes you the puck and your shooting is good but your skating is bad, you don't get to the puck, so even if the shot would have gone in, there is no shot.

Basically you need a decent enough skating in order to have a chance to do the other things.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, diamond_ace said:

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Lynx?

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc?

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team?

@dea5shot @declanburns @CookieJo @Benm2110 @TWalkerFC @Hoopydog

@street @iRockstar @Beketov @Ahma @DeathOnReddit @eaglesfan036

1. It's awesome. I'm a proud Canadian, and getting to start my career in the nation's capital is something spectacular

2. Not certain yet. I love the sport, and I'll play for any team that wants me to play.

3. I want to play as the gritty centre who can kill off penalties and also play aggressive. A power forward type, like Ryan Getzlaf.

4. I just want to play hockey for as long as possible.

5. Ottawa Lynx!

On 6/17/2018 at 5:03 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. What personal goals do you hope to accomplish once you enter the VHL from Ottawa?

2. Have you built your character style on any other particular hockey player, or is it just a random build?

3. At this point in time do you have aspirations on one day getting voted into the hall of fame?

4. Do you prefer to play an offensive style game, more defensive in play etc?

5. Do you or have you ever played hockey in real life?

1. Play in twenty or more seasons, win at least one cup.

2. Power Forward, I suppose, so similar to Ryan Getzlaf, Jarome Ignila, type players.

3. Good question, getting into the Hall would be sweet, but right now, I just want to play in games and make the most of every opportunity, and every shift I get on the ice.

4. I want to help lead the forecheck on offence, but I'll definitely be aggressive on the defensive end, challenging the puck in the corners, checking players, basically giving the opponent's a hard time scoring. I'd consider myself very two-way for that part.

5. No, I haven't.

1. What do you think about getting your career started with the Lynx?

I am very excited to get started and develop as a member of the Lynx. They have a great player development program and I am eager to be a member of the club.

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? 

Not picky on what team I am on, but playing for a contender would be nice.

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

I want to be a solid passer and a physical defense man down low by the crease. Not a huge scorer, but I want to rack up assists and hits.

Winning a cup is the number one goal.

The Toronto Maple Leafs

I'm excited about being a Lynx player as I begin my VHL journey in the minors. Ottawa always seemed interested when I became available for the draft, so to end up here with an excellent roster and a well regarded front office in place, is incredibly motivating.

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

At this stage, I have zero preference as to a possible VHL destination. They all seem equally attractive from my perspective and wherever I end up, I intend to give my all and contribute however possible to the team's success.

Well, I think that I will try to build a similar player to my father(Odin Tordahl), who once graced the great areana's of the VHL. He was a powerful skater with a great shot and if I can model myself to play a similar style, then I think I could experience some success over the course of my career.

Oh no, it's way to early to be even contemplating HOF or number of cups that I might be a part of. I just want to be known as a good player who was a part of the VHL and who somehow helped his team experience some kind of success.

Hmmm, that's a tough one. I have a couple of teams I like to watch, rather than supporting one in particular. I have a soft spot for the Bruins and the Rangers for some unknown reason but overall I just enjoy watching a quality game of hockey.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:56 PM, diamond_ace said:

I am very excited for the opportunity, and look forward to joining a great organization.

I would prefer in the same time zone as my family, so they can watch games easier, but I'll just be happy if I someday make the Big Show at all.

I'm very defensive oriented in my play, and am dedicated to taking care of things in my own end.

I want to win. Who in this league doesn't?

Dallas Stars :D

On 4/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, diamond_ace said:

I'm very excited to get back to playing hockey. Winning is very important to me and the Lynx are the best team in our league and I can't wait to get out there and win.

As a good northern Alberta boy I'll say ABC. Anybody but Calgary 

I'd like to model myself after mark messier. Hockey is a 200 foot game and you can't score unless you take care of your own end first.

I want to win as many cups as possible and be remembered as a great teammate 

Oilers. Praise McJesus

Im pumped to be joining this awsome franchise, and expect only success from here on in with this great group.

I am a winner so any team that is in contention that needs someone who can score im here for them.

Im building a full on Speedy,Net Sniping, Smooth dangling winger. Like a Bure/Kovalev

Would like to win the scoring title for sure. The cup is the reason i signing with a good team. HOF is long term but deffinently in the plans.

Good Ol Oilers McJesus has just gotten started.

• 2 weeks later...

1. After being drafted, what were your thoughts on the whole process?

I was signed on in the UFA so cant really answer this,l but do plan of being drafted this year.

2. Name wise, which teams do you like in the VHL?

The Quebec City Muete just a fun little original name.

3. Follow up to #2, What teams in the VHLM do you like name wise?

Yukon Rush is a cool name and reminds of the gold rush in Yukon and Alaska so its smart makes sense and original.

4. Fav members so far on the VHL?
diamond_ace,DaftRainCloud,Mcwolfe all cool guys been very helpfull.

5. Do you guys like any other sports?

Im a fan of Basketball i follow it all season. and watch some football here and there. 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:38 AM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

1. After being drafted, what were your thoughts on the whole process?

2. Name wise, which teams do you like in the VHL?

3. Follow up to #2, What teams in the VHLM do you like name wise?

4. Fav members so far on the VHL?

5. Do you guys like any other sports?

1. I've been around the block a few times, so the draft wasn't as exciting for me as much as it was for others. Saying that, it was great to see so many players available and subsequently selected. 

2. Both the Titans and Americans are my 2 favorites but none of them suck completely. I wasn't a massive fan of the Cologne Express but isn't something that I have to worry about now! 

3. Down in the VHLM, I like the Aces and the storm but despite knowing why Halifax has that 21st name, it doesn't seem to make sense to me. Sounds like they are the 21st team from Halifax. 

4. I don't make friends easily, so it's the usual gang for me. Samurai7 seems like a real champ though. 

5. I enjoy watching most sports if it's at a competitive level. Personally though, I play golf, mountain bike and used to play rugby from age 10 to 25. 

• 2 months later...

1. How are enjoying your stay in the league so far?

2. Are you satisfied with your individual performance?

3. Are you satisfied with the team's performance?

4. In what round do you expect to be selected in the next VHL Entry Draft?

5. Any team you'd rather be drafted by?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 8:28 AM, McWolf said:

1. How are enjoying your stay in the league so far?

2. Are you satisfied with your individual performance?

3. Are you satisfied with the team's performance?

4. In what round do you expect to be selected in the next VHL Entry Draft?

5. Any team you'd rather be drafted by?

1. I am enjoying the league so far. There is a ton going on at all times, so it is nice to peruse around the league and just enjoy everything happening. I really cannot complain too much there, it has been a pleasure being here, without question. 

2. I never am. It has been a rocky year for me. I am looking at over 3 goals per game, I am not happy about that at all. I need to be better, I will absolutely be better. I will be better by the end of the season, but right now, I am unhappy. 

3. We are in last place, I am not happy about that at all. Now, we have been doing decently recently with that tough loss to Yukon that is a damn good team. I think we are getting better, but we have a lot of work to do. We are only 6 points out of that 4 spot, I want that spot. 

4. I really do not care. It doesn't matter to me if I am a first rounder or a guy that goes in the last round. Whatever team picks me will get everything from me. They will get exactly what they wanted and their next goalie. I am someone who will make you love your pick and not regret it. I will be a steal. Mark my words, I will be a steal.

5. I talked about that a little in my Biography. I really do not mind where I go, I know I will make an impact. 

• 4 weeks later...

1. Happy to be here, happy to be here for next season too where I know I'll likely be lead starter. Just happy to have a goalie again, which is ironic considering I hated it last time out. But given having another player and the state of where the league is currently it's nice to have a player I don't have to think about updating/applying points too when I update. 

2. Obviously Rift is a GM player so he'll end up staying in Toronto. Unless I pull a Rift 2.0, and somehow trade myself, and bail and retire. I don't see that happening this time. 

3. I'm basically building a tall goalie who is great with rebound control and hand speed. I'll still focus on agility but I think I'll make that lesser. He was already a pretty tall player to begin with, so I figure that seems to be my angle at this point.

4. HoF would be nice. It's one of the reason I don't mind Rift sitting out a season similar to how last Rift did it. Means he can enter the VHL ideally with 300 TPE in S65, that is my target. I want to try to have this Rift get me the HoF I could of got if I just finished last Rifts career. 

5. I mean, obviously you know the answer to this question, the Capitals. But I think it'd be fun if I gave my other two fav hockey teams. They would be the Nashville Predators and Colorado Avalanche. 

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, Devise said:

1. Happy to be here, happy to be here for next season too where I know I'll likely be lead starter. Just happy to have a goalie again, which is ironic considering I hated it last time out. But given having another player and the state of where the league is currently it's nice to have a player I don't have to think about updating/applying points too when I update. 

2. Obviously Rift is a GM player so he'll end up staying in Toronto. Unless I pull a Rift 2.0, and somehow trade myself, and bail and retire. I don't see that happening this time. 

3. I'm basically building a tall goalie who is great with rebound control and hand speed. I'll still focus on agility but I think I'll make that lesser. He was already a pretty tall player to begin with, so I figure that seems to be my angle at this point.

4. HoF would be nice. It's one of the reason I don't mind Rift sitting out a season similar to how last Rift did it. Means he can enter the VHL ideally with 300 TPE in S65, that is my target. I want to try to have this Rift get me the HoF I could of got if I just finished last Rifts career. 

5. I mean, obviously you know the answer to this question, the Capitals. But I think it'd be fun if I gave my other two fav hockey teams. They would be the Nashville Predators and Colorado Avalanche. 

Funny part is that when the final line change didn't go in, you actually ended up with more games than @Poptart, just barely. I'd put in a line change when you were on 32, so he'd get to 40 since 40 is 5 TPE on achievement tracker (you guys will both be sitting on 10 TPE most likely) but it didn't happen so you ended up with 38 to his 34

Some questions for you guys

1. Do you feel like you're overachieving this playoffs?

2. Do you think you have a chance to comeback from being down 2-0 and win the finals?

3. If the finals are already over, what are your thoughts on it?

4. What are going to be the Lynx objectives for next season?

5. What are your thoughts on S64 Dispersal Draft prospect Carles Puigdemont?

• 3 weeks later...

For my Ottawa guys:

1. Are you happy to be on the team? Anything you'd like me to do to make things better for you?

2. How do you think we did in the draft?

3. Who do you think wins the cup?

4. Players you're looking forward to playing with?

5. Any preferences with team when you get up to the bigs? (of course Warren and Rift will have a bit of a different perspective on this one)

6. How are you handling the site so far? Understanding everything, any of it confuse you, etc?

1. Are you happy to be on the team? Anything you'd like me to do to make things better for you?

Yeah I think it's a solid group overall and I'm just happy I am able to stay down and play it with them.

Great, I think we picked up some solid players in the first three rounds, and then me in the fourth set us up great.

That's a tough one, every team is a new team basically.  We got a shot, but it'll be tough.

All of them, but really looking forward to seeing how I gel with the other players on my line specifically

5. Any preferences with team when you get up to the bigs? (of course Warren and Rift will have a bit of a different perspective on this one)

I mean....Riga probably ?

6. How are you handling the site so far? Understanding everything, any of it confuse you, etc?

It's pretty good, the integration is very good though.

Yeah, everyone's great. Everyone's happy. We're going all the way. Character like Bergevin is looking for.

I'm going to be completely honest. I didn't pay attention. Heard my name and that's it.

Us.

Anyone that'll make us win.

I have this weird feeling that I was another player in a previous life and that I won the Continental Cup with the Toronto Legion, so I have a weird attachment to that team, but any team that wants me is the team that I want to play for.

I'm an old boi from here. I know my stuff. Kinda.

Edited by FBR

Some questions for you guys:

1. What are your opinions on the start of the season?

2. What are your objectives for this season?

3. Who do you think will take the Founder's Cup?

4. The Storm are off to a very slow start, do you think they'll end up catching a rythm and climbing to the top?

5. What is a trade that you would like to see in the Lynx?

6. Who do you think is going to be in the last place this year?

I was sad to not be playing for the first 5 games, but our team has been great regardless and have been playing well

Hopefully be one of the top forwards in the VHLM I think I've worked myself pretty well and even though still developing I think of myself as one of the better forwards in the league.

I think we will, our team is solid from top to bottom and we extremely well as a team.

4. The Storm are off to a very slow start, do you think they'll end up catching a rythm and climbing to the top?

I don't think so, I think they'll stay about right in the middle as they are now

I'm not too sure if we need to make a trade,  I suppose if we did I'd say maybe pick up another more veteran wing player as our depth might be a little suspect at the moment

Right now I don't see any team being last place other than Yukon. 

On 1/2/2019 at 4:35 AM, Eudaldkp said:

Some questions for you guys:

1. We are doing good  so far in to the season 

2.to get 55 assists and 30 goals and to win the founders cup

3.may be biased but Ottawa 

4.right now they are 5 and 5 which is not terrible 

5.i don’t think we need to make a trade

6. Yukon or Saskatchewan most likely Yukon