Oslo Storm Press Conference

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What is the story behind your username?

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after?

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success?

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team?

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why?

1. What is the story behind your username? There isn't really one its just a username

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after? Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success? I am very good at trash talking the other team

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team? The Los Angeles Kings 

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why? No because I dont know much about the teams in this game because I just joined

1. The story behind my username is a rune that essentially means abundance and can often be linked with knowledge 

2. I would say i model my player after fellow small player Kailer Yamamoto

3. Playing the body, despite my small size 

4. Calgary Flames 

5. Not particularly, I am very new to the league and not familiar with the teams

1. What is the story behind your username? It’s just my name and the first time I played competitive hockey was AA and I wore 19 that year so Jacobaa19

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after? Honestly I’m lookin to be kinda like Andrei Markov

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success? Probably my defence I’m a guy that can shut down a rush with no trouble

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team? HABS (yes they suck)

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why? Not really I’m not picky if I’m playin I’m playing

On 4/11/2018 at 12:25 AM, Jera said:

1. The story behind my username is a rune that essentially means abundance and can often be linked with knowledge

It's also the best rune in the Binding of Isaac, which is my shit. :)

1. What is the story behind your username? After having a bunch of usernames I eventually went muffins. and stuck with it, then after some time I turned it backwards.

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after? I probably couldn't name a single power forward in the NHL. :P I'm gonna be like Kevyn Hesje but better. :)

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success? Skating. I'll be going hard for hits and assists and stuff but skating's gonna be another part of Harding's game early as well.

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team? New Jersey Devils, although I don't follow the NHL much. I hear they're in the playoffs right now.

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why? I'd play anywhere. I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been while active before (so basically anywhere but Seattle, New York and Calgary) but I have no qualms going anywhere.

1) What is your expectations for this up coming season for Oslo?

2) Who do you see winning the NHL playoffs and Stanley Cup?

3) Do you have any advice for a new up and coming player?

4) Who is Oslo's biggest rival if they have one?

5) Where do you see Oslo in 5 seasons?

• Beketov pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

1. What are the plans in place to build this team to win a cup?

2. As new GM - what will be your first motion to make?

3. Where do you see this team halfway through the season?

4. Are there any inner conflicts in the locker room causing disruptions between team members?

5. Do you see yourself being promoted to the VHL with a successful GM year, and why?

@pennypenny

1. What are the plans in place to build this team to win a cup?

Time, and patience. I have a bunch of great guys on the team, although at the end of the year most will be drafted into the VHL. Therefore we will enter a re-build. 

2. As new GM - what will be your first motion to make?

My first motion is to build Activity not only on Oslo but the whole VHLM league. Its suppose to be fun and people will be active if they are having a blast!

3. Where do you see this team halfway through the season?

Its too early to tell but, as i am just taking over Oslo is not expecting a cup run. Although it may just happen ;)

4. Are there any inner conflicts in the locker room causing disruptions between team members?

Absolutely none! We have a great group of guys in Oslo. I would even argue that atm we have the most active LR ;) 

5. Do you see yourself being promoted to the VHL with a successful GM year, and why?

I dont think it works that way. But maybe one day I will reach the VHL. Only time will tell!

• 9 months later...

1) Team is moving to Minnesota next season. What are your thoughts on the move?
2) Playoffs are right around the corner. What are your expectations for the Storm?
3) Oslo were a very poor team earlier, but has since looked pretty okay and their stock seem to be on the rise. Why is that?
4) A lot of new faces have made their way into the Oslo Storm locker room. This usually brings problems into the LR, is that true?
5) What are your specific expectations for your draft (S65 VHL Draft or S65 VHLM Dispersal Draft), where do you wish to land?

6) Final question: Prediction for the best-of-3 series against Saskatoon?

2 minutes ago, FBR said:

2) Playoffs are right around the corner. What are your expectations for the Storm?
3) Oslo were a very poor team earlier, but has since looked pretty okay and their stock seem to be on the rise. Why is that?
4) A lot of new faces have made their way into the Oslo Storm locker room. This usually brings problems into the LR, is that true?
5) What are your specific expectations for your draft (S65 VHL Draft or S65 VHLM Dispersal Draft), where do you wish to land?

1)I feel like this move is more beneficial to the league and of course it widens the audience range and fan base, since I'm new to this team, I didn't really get attached to this city and community, but for some this might be a hard change, however I appreciate every fan we've had and I hope we make even more in our new location!

2) I never like to pressure myself with any expectations, all I know is that everyone will try their best and we all know that if we try really hard we can win the whole thing.

3) My guess has to be because of the draft picks and prospects Oslo has acquired recently, shipping off stable players and getting essentials for the future.

4) I Don't think there's a problem within the locker room, at least between me and anyone, everyone is motivated and we're ready to proudly present Oslo one last time.

5) As I said earlier I don't like expecting much of myself, I'll be glad to join any team that finds me fit in their roster and thinks that I am a vital piece of their future/present, since I'm new to the whole pro hockey league, I'll take any experience as a learning curve to better myself for the future.

6) Looking at this past season, we have a pretty good record against them, but then again these are playoffs we are talking about - pretty much anything can happen, but I'm pretty sure that we will win, in the worst case dropping a game. So a safe prediction is 2-1 for us, but I can easily see us overwhelming them and winning 2-0.

14 minutes ago, FBR said:

1. I think its much better than having a team in Europe and then having to travel pretty much everyday back and forth, a North American representation will be much easier, plus Minnesota is known as the scandinavian region, so i'm excited!
2. I expect us to move past saskatoon rather easily, then everything is up for grabs!
3. I think good GM and AGM decisions lead us to this point, getting set up for the future with prospects, if you have good captains the ship will always head in the right direction.
4.I personally have nothing against anyone, I show up and do my job which is to play for a team.
5. I expect myself pretty high up the list, I've been working hard till this point and I have no intentions of stopping here.
6. 2-0 for us, lets go oslo!

1st PC
1. My username is just something I came up with in the 90's and it stuck with me. Then a graphics designer "stole" it and he is my nemesis ever since!

2. You know thos guys that have one great season where they put up loads of points, and then they get busted for being too one-dimensional. That kind of player.

3. He is an expert at backhand passes while doing the spin-o-rama at full speed. 

4. Edmonton "1st OA" Oilers

5. Davos seems to get the best memes.

Edited by VisualDarkness

Latest PC
1. As a Scandinavian I am not happy with the move. I am protesting by not collecting my pucks at practise. 

2. We are going to play hard and dirty. Expect some knees. When you can't beat them fair, you beat them up.

3. Our GM is giving us tons of "vitamins" and I like the way our guys really play hard at practise. The games are a breeze in comparison to the tuesday scraps.

4. We like each other. We don't like the opposing teams.

5. I don't expect anything besides our team to win. Individual success comes second.

6. Sweep. Anything else in unacceptable.

• I don't really have much of an opinion on the move itself, but I will say that i think "Oslo Storm" sounds cooler than "Minnesota Storm"

• I expect us to at least beat Saskatoon. After that we play Vegas which will be an uphill battle for sure but I think we can give them a run for their money.

• I got here during the end of the rough start. I was told one of our best guys got banned form the league and another just stopped showing up altogether. That can be rough on morale as well. Recently though, we've been steadily rebuilding the team, starting with a new GM and trading away some of our better guys for some new prospects. The new guys have really brought the team to a new level. i think we got some much needed team chemistry going now.

• Well, most of our senior members were traded so a lot of us got here around the same time. I feel like that's helped us come together as a team, knowing were all in the same boat.

• I try not to think about that kind of thing. I know its important but thinking about it will just throw me off my game. I just want to work hard and do my best. If I'm as good as I think I am, I should be proud of my placing.

• 2-0 Oslo. Sas don't stand a chance against us right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new questions to finish off the season:

1) How was your season with Oslo? Did you feel like some things were done wrong?

2) If you're going in the Dispersal Draft or the VHL Draft, what team would you like to be drafted too?

3) What are your objectives for next season?

4) Are you happy with your player's performance?

5) Who do you think will be the contenders for next season?

6) Would you have Eudaldkp as a GM again? ;)

1. Playoffs were great, we had the attitude and great team chemistry to really push the top ranked team to their fullest, still they barely got us. After that I have been golfing, I suck at golf. Maybe I should do more Hockey stuff instead?

2. Oslo is my heart and soul.

3. Get faster, a lot faster, and make the top PP unit. Also to shorten our golf season.

4. I got hot at the end but got lazy and over-confident. Gotta improve my consistency.

5. Oslo will be a tough team if the team is kept together after the draft. 

6. Only if he feeds me better cookies. His old ones were dry as f.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, Eudaldkp said:

1) How was your season with Oslo? Did you feel like some things were done wrong?

2) If you're going in the Dispersal Draft or the VHL Draft, what team would you like to be drafted too?

1)Since I joined the later part of the season I couldn't really observe any problems, I thought we did fine with the type of players we had and in the end, did as best as we could in the playoffs.
2)I don't really care which team tbh, yes it would be awesome to be drafted into a championship winning team, but in the end I just want to play hockey and do my best.
3)Firstly to play a full season, do my best and improve any areas that need improving.
4)In the 11 games I played my guy only got 1 point, but that's fine. I don't see it as anything bad, only upwards from now on.
5)I feel like teams with lots of assets in this draft will do good next year, so a team like Yukon/Oslo, however the current contenders could do damage too, unless they lose key players to the VHL draft.
6)Yeah why not, didn't have any problems with him, always was willing to help out and answer any questions :)

Edited by GRZ

On 2/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, Eudaldkp said:

1. I played a total of 22 games and Got 12 points, its much better than what I initially thought I'd get, so its awesome!
2. I'd like to go to a team that focuses on winning the trophy, I strive for success and expect everyone else to be on the same page.
3. Helping my team as much as I can, I'd like to get at least 40 assists and hopefully over 10 goals.
4. So far, yeah I've no complaints.
5. Either a team that did poorly this season and has a better chance of drafting a good player(Yukon/Saskatoon) or an already developed team like Aces or Halifax
6. I had no problems, he was always active and ready to help.

Let's get some questions going to prepare for the season!

1) What do you think about Minnesota's new roster?

2) What are the teams that you feel like are going to be in the top?

3) Who do you think is the favourite to win it all?

4) What are your goals for this season?

5) What is a team that you are looking forward to face?

6) What is an award that you would like to win with your player?

4 hours ago, Eudaldkp said:

1) I'm liking what we're working with. Looks like we have some real scoring threats and some guys that can really move the puck. Seems we have some seasoned players too that can help a rookie like myself get off on the right foot.

2) I think we have the right pieces to be a major contender this season, but I also think we need to keep an eye on the Ottawa Lynx and the Yukon Rush. Ottawa appears to have a high powered offense and if they're able to find the back of the net and keep up the pressure in the offensive zone their weaker goal-tending will be even less of a factor. They also have quite a few new guys who could end up being the determining factor as the season progresses. As for Yukon, they seem to have a solid team all-around, but I think their goalie might be the deciding factor in quite a few games this season and if teams aren't able to figure him out, they could struggle offensively and Yukon could win a lot of close games this year.

3) Might sound biased and I don't have much experience with the league or its history, but I think we are the favorite as of now and we are on a lot of other teams radar as the team to look out for.

4) Improve on my passing and puck handling skills and to be a reliable point contributor by the end of the season. Not familiar with this enough to make any goal, assists, or point goals for the season at this point.

5) I am looking forward to playing the Yukon Rush. I think they'll also be a top team this season alongside of ourselves and should make for some exciting games. They were also one of the first teams to make me an offer, so I really want to put on a good performance against them.

6) With a pass first mentality I'm hoping to one day be a Boomchenko Trophy winner (if that's the trophy for assist leader).

On 2/21/2019 at 5:24 PM, Eudaldkp said:

Love it, absolutely stacked. I think we have a very good chance at winning this year.

Minnesota and Las vegas the defending champs.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:24 PM, Eudaldkp said:

After the big Chico Smeb signing, I think MIN wins it all. I think they also have a very good chance at signing O4L as well later today.

I just want to put up some solid depth numbers on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Ottawa to face my buddies Kylrad,gorlab and tez

I'd just like to win the championship, that's all

I think Minnesota seems pretty stacked so far. Reminds me of my prime Bratislava days. 

I think Ottawa will be decent with the recent moves they made. 

I don't know very many rosters but think Minnesota has a pretty good chance from what I've seen so far. 

I'd like to beat Ottawa every game we play them and be more productive than Kylrad. 

I definitely look forward to facing Ottawa as well as whichever team Gorlab signs with.

I'd like to win the VHLM championship. Player awards come second. 

I like it a lot.  I think we have a team with a lot of potential and an outstanding group of players, and I'm happy to be here.

For an expansion team, Houston got off to a pretty good start.  As long as they can keep consistently earning TPE they'll be a contender for sure.  Vegas still has a sizable roster with a couple high-TPE players, so they'll be a threat to repeat, but that depends on how their players develop over the course of the season.  Halifax and Yukon both look pretty good too.

Obviously I'm a bit biased but I think we look like a pretty good favorite right now.  I don't know if any other team in the VHLM has the kind of depth that we have.  Especially once some of our guys hit 200 TPE.

I'm not quite sure, mainly because I don't quite know how Nielsen is going to play on a top pairing and with a full season.  

Vegas.  Gotta test ourselves against the defending champs.  To be the best you've gotta beat the best, right?  So if we want to win the title, a win over the Aces would be a nice start - even if they might not be quite the same team the were last season.

The VHLM title, obviously.  Individual awards in the VHLM are fun but not as gratifying as in the VHL.  Plus I don't think Nielsen has the TPE to be a top performer right from the start.  A Ryan Sullivan Trophy would be fantastic but I don't think I could win it.  Of course, I will be targeting one of the defenseman awards once I make it to the VHL.