Oslo Storm Press Conference

On 2/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, Eudaldkp said:

Let's get some questions going to prepare for the season!

1) What do you think about Minnesota's new roster?

Minnesota has a good amount of TPE in key categories across the roster. Should make for a competitive season.

2) What are the teams that you feel like are going to be in the top?

Coming from Hilafax playing Las Vegas in the finals I see those teams making a run again. However it's a new season, with the surge of players from last season now understanding the game a bit better this could make for a more even playing ground this season.

3) Who do you think is the favourite to win it all?

I've always gotta root for my team but I do feel like Halifax had what it took last season. A Storm v Halifax final would be interesting. 

4) What are your goals for this season?

As always, be the player my team needs me to be.

5) What is a team that you are looking forward to face?

Halifax.

6) What is an award that you would like to win with your player?

Most points during the season, not sure what that award is called I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't go look for it.

1. What is the story behind your username? My favorite Pokémon username when I was an addict back in the old days. I miss them a lot :(

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after? M.Rantanen because I lovessss his playmaking ability and his speed with his amazing puck skills.

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success? My defensive skills is a great asset for my team I believe.

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team? Montréal because I live near there most of my life :) and I just love C.Price

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why? I don’t have any preferences yet because I just joined so yeah, maybe I can answer that later :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

8 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?

I'm excited! Team Asia should be a huge underdog and I'm excited to see how we do against top teams like USA and Canada. I definitely think we have a chance to win this thing, we have some real superstars in the VHLM on our team.

1. Who are you rooting for and why?

Team Asia. I spent a year in asia in real life, and my girlfriend is Korean, so I have ties to Asia. Also my player is on the team so why cheer for anyone else?

1. Who do you think will win?

USA seems like the most stacked team by far, but don't count out the others. Anything can happen in the sim, all it takes is one team to get some lucky chemistry in the sim file and they can go on a little winning streak to win this thing. 

1. Who do you think Claims MVP?

Wolfe from the Minnesota Storm. Guy is an absolute stud on the back-end.. Seems like he's scoring 4 points every single game when I check the sims. I assume it will carry over to the WJC.

1. Who Makes the All-star team?

Podrick Cast and Chico Smeb. Both players joined the league around the same time, and both players are pretty much tied in TPE. I think these two players are locks for the all-star team. Honestly I can't even name any other players in the league so these are my two picks!

1. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

I sing Korea's national anthem as I'm trilingual and am fluent in three different languages in real life (English,French,Korean). No way would I disrespect my country like that by just mouthing the words!

1. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?

Team Asia. Again, it's my roots and I don't really care about any other team. Maybe Canada as I'm a dual citizen, but still, Korea will always take priority. 

1. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!

Podrick Cast! Again, we joined around the same time and we play on Team Japan in the SHL. Would be a lot of fun to bring him over to Team Asia to play with him once again. Don't really know any other players so he's my only choice as ofer is inactive. 

1. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

No way, not a chance. I would never disrespect any country like that. People are proud of their countries and have no control where they are born and what nationality they are. I have no right to go burning anyone's flag and would be disgusted if I saw anyone doing it.

1. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?

I call the ref a fkboi and just go to the box to serve my penalty. No point fighting it as it won't get reversed. Arguing can just make it worse so I'll call him a fkboi and just move on.

1. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?

Canada gets Blue and REd.. Asia gets red and white. USA gets orange and white. 

1. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

I like hte VHL.com articles because I can literally write it about anything I want. I enjoy being able to be a bit creative and do a different type of article each week. Also I like how it's only 150-200 words. It doesn't feel like homework like media spots, bios, or rookie profiles. 

-Blade

• Quik unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

1. What is the story behind your username? 

I made it up in a seventh grade science paper about an alien that has thermal vision. Yeah an odd origin.

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after? 

Probably Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Adam Boqvist, essentially a power play quarterback that isn't too bad in the defensive end.

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success? 

Probably speed and defensive position. With twenty-two takeaways to nine giveaways, he's looking pretty solid.

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team?

Blackhawks everyday. 

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why? 

Hard to say. I like all of the current GMs. I was a bit worried about going to Davos because of all the drama surrounding the team, but truthfully I would've been fine with it.

6. What is an award you would like to win with your player?

Honestly, I want some individual success because that means I'm not a brainlet when it comes to building my player. Plus, if I have a good player my team is probably going to be better. So I feel like best offensive forward or even best defensive forward would be something I'm striving for. If I'm in the upper echelon of defensive players in the league, surely the cups will come as well.

• 1 month later...

1) Team is moving to Minnesota next season. What are your thoughts on the move?

That's nuts. Can't believe they would let this happen. I guess it all paid off now that they've won the championship this past season!
2) Playoffs are right around the corner. What are your expectations for the Storm?

I expect them to be competitive mostly every season!
3) Oslo were a very poor team earlier, but has since looked pretty okay and their stock seem to be on the rise. Why is that?

GMs were making good moves and the players were stepping up.
4) A lot of new faces have made their way into the Oslo Storm locker room. This usually brings problems into the LR, is that true?

Of course. A lot of different perspectives and egos clashing.
5) What are your specific expectations for your draft (S65 VHL Draft or S65 VHLM Dispersal Draft), where do you wish to land?

I hope I am never drafted as low as 52nd again. Any time before then.

6) Final question: Prediction for the best-of-3 series against Saskatoon?

2-1 Oslo of course.

• 1 year later...

Oslo Storm Presser:osl:

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, and 6 questions for 2 TPE!
November 29 - December 5th

1.) After a rough start to the season, we Finally got sims underway. are you excited for Season 81?

2.) we got our first Win against Stockholm. Thoughts?

3.) Who will be the points leader between Nezuko and Alex Toon?

4.) I brought up Logos recently. what do you think is the worst Logo in the league?

5.) do you Tape the hilt, or entire shaft? whats your stick look like

6.) how was your thanksgiving

Edited by Horcrux

On 4/11/2018 at 6:14 AM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What is the story behind your username?

2.What NHL (or other professional) player are you looking to model your player after?

3. What is an underrated skill of your player that helps contribute to team success?

4. Who is your favorite professional hockey team?

5. Are there any VHL teams that you specifically would or wouldn't want to play for? Why?

1. very boring: it is my RL name

2. Claude Lemieux

3. Strength maybe?

4. EV Zug

5. No, there is no team I would not play for. Having said that, I really like the Wranglers' locker room and see no need to change from the club who drafted me. 

Edited by Daniel Janser

1.) some roster moves and luck we have started to win more. how many wins do you think we will get?

2.) Think we will overtake the Rush?

3.) Do you like your players performance so far?

4.) who do you think takes first?

5.) Full jersey tuck, or untucked?

6.) have you started listening to Christmas music?

16 hours ago, Horcrux said:

1.) some roster moves and luck we have started to win more. how many wins do you think we will get?

2.) Think we will overtake the Rush?

3.) Do you like your players performance so far?

4.) who do you think takes first?

5.) Full jersey tuck, or untucked?

6.) have you started listening to Christmas music?

1. I hope for twenty based on our performance so far.

2. I fear not, unless we can beat them  a couple of times in the matches against them.

3. Would not mind more points. Having said that with the physical aspects of his game I am happy and the production is not that bad, considering he is a two-way forward and the team not being overly succesful yet.

4. Difficult to say, I think Rome has the most depth in the line up and that might give them the edge on the final stretch

5. Tucked at the face off, then it flies out

6. Yes I have, it is practically impossible not to in this time of the year.

Edited by Daniel Janser

• 2 weeks later...

December 13 - December 19th

1.) Oslo now has 14 Wins, and a 2 streak. Thoughts on the recent 
Success

2.) Oslo is 18 points out a playoff spot. think we sneak in?

3.) Are you excited for next season? or are you moving up
4.) How many points do you want (player)

5.) Sock Tape or No?

6.) Hallmark Christmas Movies, or Netflix Christmas movies

• 1 month later...

SESlXjL.png

Answer all 6 for 2 capped TPE!

1. What are some things you would like to see us improve upon this season?

2. What is something you enjoy about Oslo?

3. If you could choose someone in this upcoming draft to join you in Oslo, who would it be and why?

4. I'm looking for your input, Storm! Help us choose a motto for Oslo to use going forward! 

5. What is our weakest point currently on our squad? 

6. What is our strongest point currently?

On 1/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, Underclass_Hero said:

3. If you could choose someone in this upcoming draft to join you in Oslo, who would it be and why?

4. I'm looking for your input, Storm! Help us choose a motto for Oslo to use going forward! 

1.) From looking at the stats last season, we have to get better everywhere, but most importantly, we have to let less pucks in the back of our net.

2.) I haven't had the chance to visit yet, but I am interested to learn more about the team and the city.

3.) Wumbo seems like a pretty cool guy - but I'm happy to join the team either way.

4.) Bring the storm? Be the storm? 

5.) I just got here so I can't really comment on that, but I hope it won't be goaltending.

6.) Again, I just got here so I can't really comment on that....but I hope I'll be able to say goaltending!

On 1/17/2022 at 6:16 PM, Underclass_Hero said:

SESlXjL.png

Answer all 6 for 2 capped TPE!

1. We have a lot of young talent so I hope we can just find a consistency in our performances.
2. The city is really nice and the team has a great locker room, all the guys getting along.
3. Probably my brother Cole Pearce but he's a consensus #1 overall.
4. Here Comes the Storm is a good one, but We Are the Storm is just as good.
5. I don't really see a weakness on this team. Our lineup is pretty solid.
6. I think the team balance is our strength. We aren't super strong at any position be we aren't weak anywhere either.

The Board Game Clue On Skates does not answer your question, perhaps confused by the fact that a Board Game was drafted with the sole intent of having it improve a hockey team. 

The Board Game Clue On Skates enjoys Oslo as much as every other city it is incapable of enjoying because it is a Board Game.

The Board Game Clue On Skates has no reply, presumably holding back the tears it is incapable of shedding at the thought of not playing with Team Clue Patriach @ShindigsBo Johansson

No comment is uttered by The Board Game Clue on Skates, but perhaps it's motto "The Classic Detective Game" could be molded into Oslo's slogan of "The Classic Hockey Team?"

One would imagine it would be the inanimate Board Game you're interviewing.

OK, I'll check the TPE charts for Oslo, it's...apparently that same Board Game, what?

Oslo Storm Press Conference Questions

1.) What are your goals for your player for the upcoming season?

2.) What are your goals for the team for the upcoming season?

3.) What is your favorite thing about the city of Oslo?

4.) What's an interesting fact about yourself?

5.) There's a new way to earn TPE - game recaps - do you think it's a good idea, bad idea, something you'll use?

6.) What's one thing you'd change about the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM?

1 hour ago, Fire Fletcher said:

Oslo Storm Press Conference Questions

1.) What are your goals for your player for the upcoming season?

2.) What are your goals for the team for the upcoming season?

3.) What is your favorite thing about the city of Oslo?

4.) What's an interesting fact about yourself?

5.) There's a new way to earn TPE - game recaps - do you think it's a good idea, bad idea, something you'll use?

6.) What's one thing you'd change about the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM?

1. Score a bunch of points, take a lot of shots.

2. Win a playoff series.

3. It starts and ends with the same letter.

4. I've never been President of Russia.

5. Good idea, I expect to do some here and there.

6. I'd make VHLM careers longer. That's my favorite part of the league.

SESlXjL.png

Answer all 6 for 2 capped TPE

1. Entering this season where do you see yourself? 

2. Who is your favorite player in the VHL? 

3. Who is someone you're looking forward to playing against this season? 

4.  Which team other than Oslo would you like to see succeed? 

5.  Who would you say is the leader of this Oslo squad?

6.  With it being announced that Oslo has to use their back up goalie for 40 games this season -- Do you see this ultimately hindering the squad?

The Board Game Clue On Skates cannot see itself anywhere at any time, it was made without eyes to see nor the brain to think. 

The Board Game Clue On Skates rests on it's chair, facing motionlessly in your direction after your question, perhaps smugly insinuating that The Board Game Clue On Skates favourite player is, perhaps controversially, The Board Game Clue On Skates.

There is no response from The Board Game Clue On Skates, but maybe that's because The Board Game Clue On Skates does not play favourites? In it's cardboard shell, everyone is set to become a victim just like Mr. Boddy

The Board Game Clue On Skates utters no words, but instead watches on. A subtle hint maybe that the Watchmen are among its other favourite teams? Who knows.

Maybe it is not the motivational leader of the Oslo Storm, but The Board Game Clue On Skates ahead of you is without doubt the sales leader on the team, having been sold over 150 million times according to the Internet.

6.  With it being announced that Oslo has to use their back up goalie for 40 games this season -- Do you see this ultimately hindering the squad?

The Board Game Clue On Skates is speechless! Granted, this is not a surprise, but in this instant I think it would be justified. Can one truly be a backup if it plays more than their starter? At that point, who is the backup?!?!

Edited by MubbleFubbles

40 minutes ago, Underclass_Hero said:

SESlXjL.png

Answer all 6 for 2 capped TPE

1. Man, I just, like, see us all in this, like universe, man.

2. James Teekirque

3. The demons that dwell inside me.

4. The Hounds and Davos. Screw any team that isn't mine!

5. Not sure yet, still getting to know the room.

6. Yeah, it's not gonna be fun. Not that part.

1. passing the puck only getting assist

2.  Cadmael lxazaluoh, how to pronounce this name i do not know, very nice

3. Bo johansson, or Sting Chameleon . anyone thats also a Legion prospect.

4. Bratislava

5. Dunno

6.  Most likely will, hopefully not and for whatever reason he plays out of his mind lol

1.) I see myself in Oslo as a member of the Storm! But to answer the question how I think you meant it, I'm using this season to prepare myself for next season, which will be my rookie season with the Warsaw Predators. Unsure at this time if I'll be a backup or a full time starter.

2.) My favorite player in the VHL is Wumbo - who else would it be?

3.) I look forward to testing myself against the best, so whoever is the VHLE leading scorers is who I like to play against.

4.) I'd like to see Warsaw succeed, since they are my VHL team. Seems like they're off to an OK start so far - not good, not great.

5.) The GM and the coach are the ultimate leaders, are they not?

6.) It's not ideal, especially since I don't believe the backup goalie earns TPE at this point, but it is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

:osl: OSLO STORM PRESS CONFERENCE :osl:

Week Ending Sunday, February 27, 2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2.

1. Are you satisfied with your player's performance this season?

2. What would you like to see implemented in the locker room?

3. What are you most excited for in the VHL?

4. Who do you think is the best team or player in hockey right now?

5. What is your favorite NHL team?

6. Favorite ice cream flavor?

On 2/25/2022 at 6:28 PM, JB123 said:

1.) Could be better, could be worse. Even on a bottom team, I'd like to do better than a .909 - I can't escape blame for why we are where we are in the standings.

2.) I'm admittedly not in there that much, but seems like the biggest thing is just getting more people in there. That probably won't happen until next season though.

3.) I wouldn't say there's one particular thing I'm excited about joining the VHL next season - I'm hopeful that I'm a starter, but we'll see how that goes.

4.) I think McDavid the best offensive player in the NHL, but Crosby is still the best overall player, as much as it pains me to say it as a Flyers fan.

5.) My favorite and least favorite NHL team is the Flyers.

6.) Hm....so my favorite ice cream food is actually a chocolate malt, but as far as actual ice cream flavors, coffee is probably my favorite "basic" flavor, but favorite overall is rocky road or anything with graham cracker and chocolate.

On 2/25/2022 at 6:28 PM, JB123 said:

:osl: OSLO STORM PRESS CONFERENCE :osl:

Week Ending Sunday, February 27, 2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2.

1. I thought I'd be closer to a point per game.

2. Public beatings for insubordination.

3. Regression. It's a poetic commentary on human existence.

4. Probably Auston Matthews. McDavid is great offensively, but Matthews is better on defense.

5. Pittsburgh.

6. Chocolate chip cookie dough.