S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

couldn't we see who voted for who ? I would like to ask some questions to the 5 dudes who voted for degrath 

I can see them but that doesn’t mean everyone deserves the right to. They have a vote same as you do and DeGrath did have a good season.

Before you say it as well, no, I did not vote DeGrath.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

couldn't we see who voted for who ? I would like to ask some questions to the 5 dudes who voted for degrath 

Ask away (not me - cornerwhore got my vote). 

Sloby voting = Big Brother whipping in the wild votes to cause an internal hurricane 

Just now, Beketov said:

I can see them but that doesn’t mean everyone deserves the right to. They have a vote same as you do.

how so ? If the point of this award is being a public vote, but hide the people who votes, is it really a public vote or its more a popularity vote ? I'm seriously questioning the abilities of the voter seeing that 5 dudes voted for a .930 goaltender over a 133 pts guy who also leads in hits 

and its really sad 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Ask away (not me - cornerwhore got my vote). 

Sloby voting = Big Brother whipping in the wild votes to cause an internal hurricane 

I can ask politely who voted for degrath, but they won't show up, because they know their vote has no sense . If they are ready to explain to me why degrath deserves the slobo, I'm ready to listen. However, at the moment, they just look like some anti-boubabi cowards

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Before you say it as well, no, I did not vote DeGrath.

I'm not questioning your voting integrity, as I know you have some left in the tank. However, that's the not case for everyone 

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

how so ? If the point of this award is being a public vote, but hide the people who votes, is it really a public vote or its more a popularity vote ? I'm seriously questioning the abilities of the voter seeing that 5 dudes voted for a .930 goaltender over a 133 pts guy who also leads in hits 

and its really sad 

Its not a per vote setting, it’s a global setting so far as I’m aware and not one I plan to turn on. We don’t publically release who voted for who with any other awards so why would we with these?

Edit: Scratch that, it is per vote, never noticed that. Still not turning it on though. Votes for every other award are private, this one should be the same. If people want to come forward that’s their choice.

I can ask politely who voted for degrath, but they won't show up, because they know their vote has no sense . If they are ready to explain to me why degrath deserves the slobo, I'm ready to listen. However, at the moment, they just look like some anti-boubabi cowards

Can you politely though? When it comes to you and awards you’ve only ever shown hostility so honestly I do not expect you’d be able to have any kind of polite discussion about this.

Just now, Beketov said:

Can you politely though? When it comes to you and awards you’ve only ever shown hostility so honestly I do not expect you’d be able to have any kind of polite discussion about this.

I've created for 3 straight seasons awards case debated with stats and analysis and you want a more polite way than that ? quite hard.

And yes, every other award is voted in the BoG, who is supposedly filled with competent people that hopefully left their disagreement with a member to do the right vote. However, that public hidden vote is just another popularity vote like any other public vote we had. If you want to make that a prestigious award, don't make the voting process a joke, like this public hidden non-sense  

1 minute ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

6*

Voted for DeGOAT @STZ

see @Beketov ? A member who showed a public disagreement with me won't vote for me because of that. That should be enough to open your eye. The guy didn't say shit about why degrath was deserving the award, just plain anti-boubabi voting

1 minute ago, sterling said:

Not sure why you're up in arms, those are very good numbers for a goalie in the VHL.

.930 ? Cmon sterling, you know better than that. I can demoslish degrath's case if you want, but it won't remove those bias voters in anyway 

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner

see @Beketov ? A member who showed a public disagreement with me won't vote for me because of that. That should be enough to open your eye. The guy didn't say shit about why degrath was deserving the award, just plain anti-boubabi voting

Because he couldn’t possibly think DeGrath had a better season right?

Here’s the thing, people all vote differently. Just because you (and clearly a majority as well) think you had a better season doesn’t mean EVERYONE does. You can’t infer that everyone voting for someone else is an “anti-Boubabi” vote. You have literally 0 evidence of that.

For that matter, if people are voting that way do you think trying to argue with them is going to help? Pretty sure that will just make people more upset.

Just now, Beketov said:

Because he couldn’t possibly think DeGrath had a better season right?

Here’s the thing, people all vote differently. Just because you (and clearly a majority as well) think you had a better season doesn’t mean EVERYONE does. You can’t infer that everyone voting for someone else is an “anti-Boubabi” vote. You have literally 0 evidence of that.

0 fucking evidence of that ? fucking hell beketov, the past fucking 6 months it was all about people fucking against me. You really don't help your case. See, the problem is that I even can't rely on you and the blue team do make the right thing. Its very fucking sad 

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

.930 ? Cmon sterling, you know better than that. I can demoslish degrath's case if you want, but it won't remove those bias voters in anyway 

I looked through the stats and I could make an argument for both players tbh. Since I don't have a player, you're not going to find a less biased opinion on it around here either.

1 minute ago, sterling said:

I looked through the stats and I could make an argument for both players tbh. Since I don't have a player, you're not going to find a less biased opinion on it around here either.

cornerstone is leading in goals...points...and hits by a large margin. I can't remember a player that was that dominant. Plus, he's a center and finished 5th in faceoff%. I really don't know what to say more than that 

Edited by boubabi

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

You want reasoning you troll? Pay attention and let me school you. To me goalie is always the biggest factor in me voting on this award. Goalie is always the most vital part to a team's success. DeGrath had the best save %, the best GAA, played the 7th most minutes, had the most shutouts, second in wins, 3rd in penalty shot % and had the second least losses. I am not saying you aren't deserving of the award, despite a "public disagreement with you", you are a very close vote as well. I just tend to give the nod to stellar play from the goalie spot. That's my two cents, what you do with it from here is up to you.