Edwin Preencarnacion Press Conference

Tagger

On 12/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

2) Which of my players was your favorite? Austin Gow, Robert Gow III, Tim TebowGow, The Process, Chat, Gritty?

3) If you were starting a new VHL team and could have any current VHL player who would you pick?

4) Favorite VHL member?

5) Funniest VHL member?

2) I don't think I was here when Austin was (or if I was, it was at the very late point of his career), don't really remember much of The Process and Chat and Gritty are VHLM (although Gritty only for now). I'll go RGIII just cause that's the only one I believe I played with.

3) Podrick Cast, best balance between TPE earning, years left on his career and sim performance.

4) I don't really have a favourite per se, although I have a lot of members I feel like I have a good relationship with, like the Pajodcast guys, Boom, Victor, Beaviss, Will, etc.

5) It's difficult to say because I don't read as many of the funny medias anymore I guess. Ruutu and Jardy stand out as those that I remember enjoying reading what they wrote. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:10 PM, jRuutu said:

1. What you think is the second most important attribute?

2.  What it´s like to play in Riga?

1. I don't really know if I have the proper answer to that question, but the attribute that I maxed second was defense, so I guess that's how I viewed it from my perspective at least. 

2. It's great, we've got an active LR and it looks like we're going to be set to challenge for a continental cup for the foreseeable future. 

I'll answer the rest of your questions next week.

Edited by Tagger

On 12/31/2018 at 9:10 PM, jRuutu said:

3. Favorite thing to do while taking it easy at the hotel during away tours?

4. Any Riga players you would not want to be roommates with?

5. If I want to score against Kriketers - where should I shoot?

3. Setting the hotel on fire is usually a riot! 

4. Podrick Cast, can't trust English people.

5. If you picture the genital triangle, you want to shoot the puck so it grazes the bottom of that. 

Hey good friend.

1. Still playing Overwatch mainly? If not, what are you playing at the moment?

2. Least favourite to play in each sub class in Overwatch?

3. Favourite GM you have played for

4. How many more Edwins do you have in you?

5. You get one of me or Ryan for one match to decide your fate as an OW player, who do you take?

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Hey good friend.

1. Still playing Overwatch mainly? If not, what are you playing at the moment?

2. Least favourite to play in each sub class in Overwatch?

3. Favourite GM you have played for

4. How many more Edwins do you have in you?

5. You get one of me or Ryan for one match to decide your fate as an OW player, who do you take?

Hello! Hope you're doing well

1. I actually haven't touched Overwatch for about a month I'd say, only played a couple of times since the Pajodcast stream. I'm sure I'll get back on it at some point. Right now, the games I'm playing are Yakuza Kiwami 2 (I completed Kiwami 1 a week or two ago so moved onto that) and Pokemon Let's Go (which is a surprisingly fun trip down memory lane). Also went to a girls place on a date and we finished A Way Out in one sitting. I didn't think it was bad, but if I'd had bought into the hype pre-launch I could see why people would be disappointed cause there's definitely flaws. 

2. Damage: Genji, he's just the one player that I cannot play well as at all under any circumstance.

Tank: I haven't properly got to grips with Wrecking Ball enough to really judge him, but I'd probably say Orisa. It's between her and Roadhog (who I've never really gotten to grips with since they changed his gun) at least cause I'd say I've got to grips now with the other four tanks.

Support: Ana, my aim isn't bad, but I'm just not quick enough at picking up targets to heal with someone who requires a lot of aim. Also, since we used to stream, my Lucio has gotten terrible for whatever reason, just can't aim with his gun at all!

3. I've been very lucky in my VHL career as when I've had attention with a player, I've never really had a bad GM, but regarding favourite GM's to play for, I'd have to say yourself and Hedgehog. 

4. I have a specific plan as to what I'd do with my next guy if I continue to create players, but I don't know if he would be an Edwin, which will make sense down the line. 

5. I mean we named a series Saving Bronze Ryan so I guess I'd have to go with yourself haha!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 2:43 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Who do you think won that three way trade?

3. Your reaction on Victor becoming a GM again?

4. Do you have any idea who will I protect?

1. I think you'd probably have to go Helsinki given that they went from a player who was a third line winger with an off-meta build earning less than a point every three games to a first line center who is nearly a point per game. They lose him at the end of the season, but I think improving this season was worth it.

3. Great. It's maybe a bit weird that there wasn't formal applications for an expansion GM vacancy, but at the same time given that Victor obviously has a huge reputation in the VHL and showed interest in the role, I can't fault them for that decision.

4. I'd prefer not to say who I think you'll protect just because I don't want anyone who maybe has a secure spot to start worrying about their future, but I feel fairly positive that we'll at least have Kastelic, Cast and Preencarnacion protected along with auto-Kriketers. 

• 4 weeks later...

1. Your reaction when you got inducted into the builder HoF.

2. Is it more important than getting into the player HoF?

3. Your goals on S65

4. Can Edwin finally pass Cast in points?

5. Can MU get back from 0-2 vs PSG?

6. Can at least one England team pass round 1 in Champions League?

7. Perhaps I already asked it, but: do you plan to make a recreate after Preencarnacion?

8. Do you hope to play in Moscow one day?

9. Which city is better, Manchester or London?

10. Can S60's be considered as the one of the best periods VHL ever had?

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. Your reaction when you got inducted into the builder HoF.

2. Is it more important than getting into the player HoF?

3. Your goals on S65

4. Can Edwin finally pass Cast in points?

5. Can MU get back from 0-2 vs PSG?

6. Can at least one England team pass round 1 in Champions League?

1. Great! I've never been acknowledged in that way before in a sim league before so it was real nice, especially given that I missed out pretty convincingly a few seasons earlier.

2. Definitely. I think it's better to be remembered as a member who had a significant impact on the league than having a HOF player, since the latter is more dependant on what dice rolls STHS throws. 

3. Personal Award and a Continental Cup, but I'd mainly like to get back over the 100's in points. 

4. It's weird, there always seems to be a point in the season where it looks like it's going to be my season, but then Edwin falls off and Cast always finds his way ahead. I think this year I'm going to have the biggest TPA advantage I've had over him in regards to point scoring stuff, so I'm hoping I can, but so long as we both do well I'm more than ok being second.

5. Depends who is available for both teams, I think if we're still missing Martial and Lingard, it's gonna be near impossible, but if we have them, I think we do have a small chance of at least taking it to Extra Time.

6. Well I think Spurs for definite will get through with that 3-0 advantage and I'd be very surprised if City went out to Schalke. 

1. Honest opinion on the award voting this season?

2. What changes would you like to see made in the VHL?

3. If you got to decide what the location and name of the next expansion team, what would you make it?

4. I want to get back into Overwatch.  Who is really strong as a champion right now?

5. Play any Apex? 

On 2/23/2019 at 1:06 AM, Advantage said:

1. Honest opinion on the award voting this season?

2. What changes would you like to see made in the VHL?

3. If you got to decide what the location and name of the next expansion team, what would you make it?

4. I want to get back into Overwatch.  Who is really strong as a champion right now?

5. Play any Apex? 

1. I was surprised that Cast won MVP (He wasn't that far ahead of the next guy on his team, me, in points and given the main reasons for our wins was our very good GAA, not really sure he was the leagues MVP) but it was a tough year for that award in particular. I probably would have given Malenko the Labatte as well but I can understand the votes for McWolf. As a whole, I would say voting was better this year than S63 which I had a lot of questions about. 

2. Only minor stuff really. I'd like to see some kind of TPE cap for guys who don't do a PT or a job and I'd like to see VHFL return to straight pickem rather than draft cause portal can track that better and it usually takes 20 days for my drafts to be done. In turn, expansion will be cool but obviously I'm a big proponent of expanding when we have the correct players for it to make sense rather than predicting growth. 

3. I think it'd be cool to see Czech Republic get represented in the VHL as I don't believe they ever have. Team names would probably be based around Lions or Eagles (although the latter maybe not cause of Vasteras). I wouldn't mind a return of Stockholm Vikings though, cause I loved that logo

4. I haven't played it recently enough to know who is really strong, although I believe a lot of the same heroes are still considered very good from when I last played (Reinhardt and Brigitte in particular).

5. I played a few games with Beaviss and ShawnGlade, it's decent enough but I don't think I'll be playing it regularly. Main gaming thing I've been doing/planning on doing more of is I bought a 2DS XL last week and I'm gonna be playing through as many of the Pokemon games as I can (never played any beyond the Game Boy Color before). 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, hedgehog337 said:

7. Perhaps I already asked it, but: do you plan to make a recreate after Preencarnacion?

I think I will do, although I plan to take a small break between the two players, the break I had between Three/Ky and Preen helped me a lot. 

Edited by Tagger

• 2 weeks later...

1. So MU actually managed to throw PSG out. Surprised?

2. Do you think Liverpool still has a chance at the title?

3. Looks like Riga is now a solid second-third place team. Can we fight for the Victory Cup though?

4. The most important question that pisses me off - why my goalie is so inconsistent?

5. How is it to come back to do VHLSC rankings? Like the draft is hella deep. 

6. Do you think we need to raise a cap cause of an upcoming draft?

• 1 year later...

1. So MU actually managed to throw PSG out. Surprised?
I remember being very surprised at the victory yeah. Shame we hit a rocky patch pretty much immediately after

2. Do you think Liverpool still has a chance at the title?

Who would have thought that COVID 19 would be pushing for the title at the start of the season eh?

3. Looks like Riga is now a solid second-third place team. Can we fight for the Victory Cup though?

Now Preencarnacion is done, no. 

4. The most important question that pisses me off - why my goalie is so inconsistent?
Well at least he’s now consistently retired 

5. How is it to come back to do VHLSC rankings? Like the draft is hella deep. 

So deep I couldn’t keep up with it. 

6. Do you think we need to raise a cap cause of an upcoming draft?
Sounds like we’re looking at expansion instead perhaps