Any interest in an NHL dynasty league?

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Wondering if VHL members have any interest in a fantrax based dynasty league with salary cap and such?

There would be a fee cuz fantrax premium is required for salary cap usage. I believe its $80 per league for the season.

Thinking something like

Goals

Assists

SOG

Special Teams Points + GWG

Hits

Blocks

Faceoff % (pro-rated by howmany they take)

Goalies win %

Sav %

Slots:

4 Centers, 8 wingers, 6 D, 2-3 Goalie min Starts

15 prospect slots

Daily roster locks or the weekly ones (which i'd entertain, but not sure how often people like playing weekly roster locks).

Salary cap enabled etc, have it set to league cap.

Edited by tfong

24 minutes ago, tfong said:

Wondering if VHL members have any interest in a fantrax based dynasty league with salary cap and such?

There would be a fee cuz fantrax premium is required for salary cap usage. I believe its $80 per league for the season.

mmmmmm probably

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

What is fantrax, I might do this

https://www.fantrax.com/

A free fantasy league site that has premium features.

Among the premium features are a salary cap and a minor league system.

The only downside of fantrax is that their mobile app is pretty shitty.

My personal preference is to have a large league with large rosters and drafting of prospects and such. We could either do all that live or post by post on the VHL forums to help with activity as well.

All types are possible, but I think H2H is typically the most interesting for dynasty leagues. Of course getting this all setup takes awhile to setup so I figure I'd ask now to see if people are interested.

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator

I'd be interested if you get the numbers to start it up. Would we all kick in funds to get it going or would a few do that and it be free for everyone else? Just curious the setup. 

• Head Moderator
5 minutes ago, Devise said:

I'd be interested if you get the numbers to start it up. Would we all kick in funds to get it going or would a few do that and it be free for everyone else? Just curious the setup. 

Fantrax has a built in player deposit system where you each pay fees via credit card or paypal. Or you have the league treasurer system where one person pays and can request funds from people.

I think at the very least 15 people would be nice to have. Fantrax has a multitude of different playing styles too because you can change scoring periods and such.

• Head Moderator
Just now, Banackock said:

Or isn't player fantasy league? I'm thinking sim league

You're thinking sim league.

This would be a fantasy league. (connected to real life performance and salary caps)

9 minutes ago, Devise said:

oh look poppa devise is here. you should stick around. boubabi would love it

I did a Yahoo Fantasy Hockey league like 15 years ago. 20 teams, I knew basically nothing and just had it autodraft, and since it was right after the lockout, the rankings were all over the place and my first pick was retired. But I ended up with Luongo as my goalie and he basically was the best by a mile and a half and carried my team. Won the whole thing still with little clue what I was doing and decided to retire from fantasy hockey on top. This is all an off-topic and long winded way of saying I will pass but good luck to all who join.