S59 VHL Awards Ceremony

Beketov

• Commissioner

*Remember, if you won an award (individual) in either the VHL or VHLM, you are entitled to add 2 TPE for each award won. If you are a co-winner, add 1 TPE for that award. To claim, just link this page to your updates. Team awards do not apply for TPE.

I also included everyone who was nominated this season for the sake of transparency; regardless of if they received votes or not.

S59 VHL Award Winners 

Championship - Continental Cup: Seattle Bears

Best Regular Season Record - Victory Cup: Toronto Legion 

First Finals Champion - Devon Marlow-Marta Trophy: Helsinki Titans

Second Finals Champion - Terence Fong Trophy: Seattle Bears

MVP - Scotty Campbell Trophy:  Franchise Cornerstone (HSK)

Cornerstone (HSK) - 6, DeGrath (NYA) - 3, Ron (HSK) - 0, Boeser (TOR) - 0

Most Outstanding Player (player vote) - Brett Slobodzian Trophy: Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) 

Cornerstone (HSK) - 22, DeGrath (NYA) - 10, Boeser (TOR) - 5, Louth (QUE) - 3, Krigars (RIG) - 1,

Playoff MVP - Daisuke Kanou Trophy: Gabriel McAllister (SEA) & Vernon Von Axelberry (SEA)

McAllister (SEA) - 4, Axelberry (SEA) - 4, Gretzky (SEA) - 1, Johnsson (SEA) - 0 

Leading Points - Mike Szatkowski Trophy: Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 133

Leading Goals - Kevin Brooks Trophy: Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67

Leading Assists - Alexander Beketov Trophy: Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 81

Lowest GAA - Greg Clegane Trophy: Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 1.89

Top Offensive Defenseman - Sterling Labatte Trophy: Ay Ay Ron (HSK)
Ron (HSK) - 7, Jokinen (TOR) - 2

Top Defensive Defenseman - Jake Wylde Trophy: Fabio Jokinen (TOR)
Jokinen (TOR) - 9, Ron (HSK) - 0

Top Goalie - Aidan Shaw Trophy: Rhett DeGrath (NYA)
DeGrath (NYA) - 9, King (RIG) - 0, Ironside (TOR) - 0

Top Rookie - Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy: David Kiaskov (QUE)
Kiaskov (QUE) - 9, Warlock (QUE) - 0

Top Two-Way Forward - Scott Boulet Trophy: Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) 
Cornerstone (HSK) - 7, Yu (TOR) - 2, Sokolov (TOR) - 0

Executive of the Year - David Knight Trophy: Blake Campbell (SEA) 
Campbell (SEA) - 8, Wong (NYA) - 1, Higgins (HSK) - 0, Boychuk (TOR) - 0

Most Improved - Dustin Funk Trophy: Jasper Canmore (CGY)

Canmore (CGY) - 8, Do (TOR) - 0, Jones (NYA) - 0

(The voting numbers in this category are off because 1 member left it blank.)

Congratulations to all the winners! VHLM Awards will come in their own thread soon.

Awesome. Congrats to all winners. :cheers: 

Seattle snaps a 16 season streak of not winning the Continental cup. 

I snap a 42 season streak of a Seattle GM not winning GM of the year.

@BluObieZ gets 1st, not 4th. Sharing with a very deserved @CowboyinAmerica 

Playoff MVP's = all 4 Bears. 

3 minutes ago, STZ said:

Is top GM not for just season?

Yes. 

What moves did you make? We moved tons to get under cap, while also bringing in Lane and Johnsson to remain competitive.

While it isn't included, we also won the cup and made some killer line changes in the playoffs.

As I stated last season, have already this season and will next season - playoffs should be taken into consideration. 

Just now, Banackock said:

Yes. 

What moves did you make? We moved tons to get under cap, while also bringing in Lane and Johnsson to remain competitive.

While it isn't included, we also won the cup and made some killer line changes in the playoffs.

As I stated last season, have already this season and will next season - playoffs should be taken into consideration. 

relax, I was asking lol

Just now, Higgins said:

Franchise Cornerstone the Helsinki Titans GOAT after this haul

He took home the hardware hardcore - which confuses the fuck outta me as to why he was crying so much.

Anyway, good on Cornerstone. 

Just now, STZ said:

relax, I was asking lol

I'm relaxed. I was more so stating what SEA did - but more so saying the award should be changed to including the playoffs (trying to start some form of discussion among the VHL :D ) 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

He took home the hardware hardcore - which confuses the fuck outta me as to why he was crying so much.

Anyway, good on Cornerstone. 

Yeah it's very confusing. No way it could have been the people showing their 100% bias. Look at the votes for the awards @boubabi won and the proof is there that some people won't but aside their bullshit personal bias aside when voting they look at member not player.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Yeah it's very confusing. No way it could have been the people showing their 100% bias. Look at the votes for the awards @boubabi won and the proof is there that some people won't but aside their bullshit personal bias aside when voting they look at member not player.

It is what it is, but no point blowing up over it and throwing temper tantrums. I for one, voted for him. I can't put aside "everything". 

Either way, HSK still casts in on personal awards! 

8 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Why cant people be biased? Its not like the bias isnt directly related to his behavior that he is obviously capable of changing 

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Why cant people be biased? Its not like the bias isnt directly related to his behavior that he is obviously capable of changing 

Are you serious? MAYBE that argument can have 1% validity for an award such as Most Outstanding when comparing different positions.

No chance when it comes to Top Offensive Defender and Top Two-Way Forward votes. Two people decided to use their vote to make a statement and voted member over player. Check the numbers for yourself.

TOP OFFENSIVE DEFENDER

Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG

TOP TWO-WAY FORWARD

Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Mfw playoffs arent included in Top GM but I don't get a single vote. :(

Kept my team 250k under the cap and brought them to the top. 

Ah, well. Bana deserves it anyways. 

You did an amazing job as well. If anything, you deserved some. More so than NYA, but that's just my thoughts. 

• Senior Admin

Higgins does have a valid point - the Most Outstanding vote is one thing and there’s only so much you can cry bias with a public vote like that. 

But the BOG votes are a different story, and if people have voted with bias there it effects the credibility of all awards which is obviously not good. As well i think the BOG is the one group of people who should be expected more than anyone to rise above the petty crap and make thoughtful votes.

not defending boubabi, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say the people who have accepted the responsibility of BOG award voting shouldn’t have to look past personal opinions. After all the whole reason the BOG has this responsibility nowadays instead of GMs was because of allegations of bias.

13 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Are you serious? MAYBE that argument can have 1% validity for an award such as Most Outstanding when comparing different positions.

No chance when it comes to Top Offensive Defender and Top Two-Way Forward votes. Two people decided to use their vote to make a statement and voted member over player. Check the numbers for yourself.

TOP OFFENSIVE DEFENDER

Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG

TOP TWO-WAY FORWARD

Fook Yu (TOR) - 40G, 43A, 83P, +47, 113PIM, 316HIT, 42SB, 4GWG
Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG

Play stupid games win stupid prizes 

:CrosbyLaugh:

23 minutes ago, Will said:

Higgins does have a valid point - the Most Outstanding vote is one thing and there’s only so much you can cry bias with a public vote like that. 

But the BOG votes are a different story, and if people have voted with bias there it effects the credibility of all awards which is obviously not good. As well i think the BOG is the one group of people who should be expected more than anyone to rise above the petty crap and make thoughtful votes.

not defending boubabi, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say the people who have accepted the responsibility of BOG award voting shouldn’t have to look past personal opinions. After all the whole reason the BOG has this responsibility nowadays instead of GMs was because of allegations of bias.

Voted for Boubs anyway (well, I voted for Cornerstone/Ron the players, rather than Boubs the member) but it's still frustrating that a guy who won the award anyway, and by a wide margin, cares about getting every vote. He won. That's all that matters in the end.

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

My point is proven

Not really 

if you are an ass hole to people they will react to you when possible. I dont have an issue with his posts mostly but others do and they chose to let their votes reflect that

if he has such a problem he should have changed his attitudes 

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Not really 

if you are an ass hole to people they will react to you when possible. I dont have an issue with his posts mostly but others do and they chose to let their votes reflect that

if he has such a problem he should have changed his attitudes 

You aren’t wrong but neither is @Higgins. The point of having votes be in the BOG was to remove the bias that GM’s voting was creating. If BOG members are voting for bias reasons it doesn’t make it any better.

Yes, he should not have been a prick; especially if he cares so much about awards. However the point of a trusted committee doing the voting is to get accurate votes for the players, not the members. If the BOG can’t do that we will need to be creating an award committee that can.

In any case, the votes changed nothing but  it is probably true those awards should have been sweeps.

• Senior Admin
24 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Voted for Boubs anyway (well, I voted for Cornerstone/Ron the players, rather than Boubs the member) but it's still frustrating that a guy who won the award anyway, and by a wide margin, cares about getting every vote. He won. That's all that matters in the end.

Oh no doubt, like I said I’m not defending him. I just think it’d be a problem if there was bias bog voting regardless of the member question.