S59 VHL Awards Ceremony

Beketov

• Admin
5 hours ago, Beketov said:

First Finals Champion - Devon Marlow-Marta Trophy: Helsinki Titans

Second Finals Champion - Terence Fong Trophy: Seattle Bears

I will continue to maintain that these awards are now dumb, outdated and need to be retired.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Victor said:

I will continue to maintain that these awards are now dumb, outdated and need to be retired.

A fair opinion but obviously people predicted them this season so they needed to be awarded.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

A fair opinion but obviously people predicted them this season so they needed to be awarded.

You can still award prediction points for them, just get rid of the 'award'.

• Admin

^ exactly that 

I don't know if one of the two has been designated for the runners-up but if so it is literally just a losers award. If not, what logic is there to it at all?

Also historically one was NA and EU, now anyone appears to be able to win either one so what's the meaning?

Fine with people predicting who the finalists are, and in fact fine with there being some recognition for the runners-up - even if it just a mention on the Continental Cup. But awards for 'finalist 1 and 2' should go.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Unintentionally perhaps. Most improved is always a pain to do nominations for. I felt like I could have had it a few years and didn’t receive a nomination; it happens.

It;s just lame because there's a bunch of tpe involved, and I had a much bigger improvement that the others. It's not really an award you can get a 2nd chance at either.

• Commissioner
Just now, Will said:

@Beketov just an FYI you're missing DeGrath as the first winner of the Greg Clegane Trophy in OP

Thank you, I knew something was missing, forgot to add that.