2nd Player Idea (kind of)

16 minutes ago, Quik said:

Maybe read the post before arguing it?

Am I missing something? If they break 200, VHL draft. Capped at 300 TPE, max stats 85-90. 

So a second player in the VHL for depth. No salary just counts on cap. 

Thanks for being so helpful @hedgehog337

Strongly against this idea. HOWEVER, If the blue team does decide to try it out and then take it away, you know I'll be making a player. 

People dont care about the VHLM.. when they're in it or not.. don't see how this will make them start either. 

Edited by Banackock

3 hours ago, Banackock said:

Am I missing something? If they break 200, VHL draft. Capped at 300 TPE, max stats 85-90. 

So a second player in the VHL for depth. No salary just counts on cap. 

Thanks for being so helpful @hedgehog337

Strongly against this idea. HOWEVER, If the blue team does decide to try it out and then take it away, you know I'll be making a player. 

People dont care about the VHLM.. when they're in it or not.. don't see how this will make them start either. 

Yeah, pretty much. Like I said, gives you a player to fuck around with. If you want, you can have them fuck around in the vhlm for a few seasons (also, not allowed to collect vhlm bonus for these players), then get drafted and become a depth piece in the vhl. 

Gives you something else to pay attention to, and likely a second team, which was (I’m assuming) the op of pp2, without the burden of having to make that player a star in a certain amount of time, or keep them updated for their whole career and deal with depreciation. Literally just a depth piece for vhl teams that would get rid of the random inactives in the end of their careers. At 300 tpe, it also wouldn’t be the end of the world if you wanted to retire that player and start another vhlm “Star”. 

Also, if you want, you could retire your main and make this player your new main from that point on, which ties in the argument by some that there should be free vhlm seasons for players. 

I actually wouldnt mind @diamond_ace opinion on this. 

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

Yeah, pretty much. Like I said, gives you a player to fuck around with. If you want, you can have them fuck around in the vhlm for a few seasons (also, not allowed to collect vhlm bonus for these players), then get drafted and become a depth piece in the vhl. 

Gives you something else to pay attention to, and likely a second team, which was (I’m assuming) the op of pp2, without the burden of having to make that player a star in a certain amount of time, or keep them updated for their whole career and deal with depreciation. Literally just a depth piece for vhl teams that would get rid of the random inactives in the end of their careers. At 300 tpe, it also wouldn’t be the end of the world if you wanted to retire that player and start another vhlm “Star”. 

Also, if you want, you could retire your main and make this player your new main from that point on, which ties in the argument by some that there should be free vhlm seasons for players. 

Fair enough, man. I see the point of it for sure and I mean, while my vote would be no - If it were to be brought in, you can count me in on making a mediocre at best VHLM star hahah

3 hours ago, Quik said:

Originally I was against having them go to the VHL at all (just VHLM) but you have a point about replacing the scrub inactives. I think the only thing I'd modify from your proposal is to add a rule you can't make a VHLM Star while your original player is in the VHLM, you have to wait until he's in the VHL

Also, for those of you comparing this to the standard player 2 project we just got rid of: I wasn't particularly inclined to make a player 2 (except for when I was just coming back, because Hrdina was essentially a half-player at that point). I'm absolutely making a VHLM Star if this becomes a thing.

Yeah, I'm all on board with that kind of system.

Basically, if we go off that 300 TPE idea from above, you'd just have your VHLM guy capped at 300 TPE until your VHL guy retires. No banking either. Then once you retire your VHL guy, you can start earning as much TPE as possible before you enter the VHL, banking it until then. Or something like that.

There'd be no real hurry either to earn TPE, since you'd be capped you wouldn't drain yourself out with 2 PTs per week like some people have felt with the recent 2 player system.

It would make the VHLM a lot more interesting, and you wouldn't have to flip your team around and rebuild so often, since you could carry some of those 200-300 TPE guys and contend for a bit. I mean, we see it in the AHL with guys who spend a lot of time there. THen eventually they can move up to the NHL, if even at all. Obviously with those capped VHLM guys they'd eventually have to move to the VHL though.

21 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, I'm all on board with that kind of system.

Basically, if we go off that 300 TPE idea from above, you'd just have your VHLM guy capped at 300 TPE until your VHL guy retires. No banking either. Then once you retire your VHL guy, you can start earning as much TPE as possible before you enter the VHL, banking it until then. Or something like that.

There'd be no real hurry either to earn TPE, since you'd be capped you wouldn't drain yourself out with 2 PTs per week like some people have felt with the recent 2 player system.

It would make the VHLM a lot more interesting, and you wouldn't have to flip your team around and rebuild so often, since you could carry some of those 200-300 TPE guys and contend for a bit. I mean, we see it in the AHL with guys who spend a lot of time there. THen eventually they can move up to the NHL, if even at all. Obviously with those capped VHLM guys they'd eventually have to move to the VHL though.

How would drafting work? Would a S58 player be take in the S60 draft because he spent a long time in the VHLM? Or would he be drafted in 59 but his career not start (8 seasons) until he plays in the VHL?

For financing purposes, is @Victor gonna have to go into every seasonal thread until he finds when they played their first game in the VHL? Typically, it's their draft year which starts the bracket for financing. I guess fortunately in this case there's only

two brackets - but if a 8 year career doesn't begin until they play in the VHL.. what if they create and are drafted in S62 but don't play until S65 in the VHLM? 

Is victor going off that S65? He'd have to as that's when their rookie phase would begin. That's quite a bit of extra work for each and every player. That's a pain in the ass having to search for that stuff. 

Unless, of course.. the VHLM Stars or whatever they are, don't have a numerical value beside them until they play their first game? Could be that. 

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

How would drafting work? Would a S58 player be take in the S60 draft because he spent a long time in the VHLM? Or would he be drafted in 59 but his career not start (8 seasons) until he plays in the VHL?

For financing purposes, is @Victor gonna have to go into every seasonal thread until he finds when they played their first game in the VHL? Typically, it's their draft year which starts the bracket for financing. I guess fortunately in this case there's only

two brackets - but if a 8 year career doesn't begin until they play in the VHL.. what if they create and are drafted in S62 but don't play until S65 in the VHLM? 

Is victor going off that S65? He'd have to as that's when their rookie phase would begin. That's quite a bit of extra work for each and every player. That's a pain in the ass having to search for that stuff. 

Unless, of course.. the VHLM Stars or whatever they are, don't have a numerical value beside them until they play their first game? Could be that. 

thats a good question....

Well, they'd be in the VHLM as regular players until their VHL player retires. When their VHL player retires, they'd declare for the next draft, and that would be the career ticker. I guess say, you'd be able to start banking TPE from the deadline when your VHL guy retires. Kind of like we already do now to get the most TPE before the draft.

We'd have more guys starting their VHL careers with 400+ TPE, but I guess that would be the benefit of having a VHL player ready and waiting in the VHLM for multiple seasons. I suppose that would be its own reward. At the same time, this is assuming the average person would reach that 300 or whatever TPE cap, but I can only assume not everyone will.

I'm just spitballing here, so add some ideas if you want as well.

23 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Well, they'd be in the VHLM as regular players until their VHL player retires. When their VHL player retires, they'd declare for the next draft, and that would be the career ticker. I guess say, you'd be able to start banking TPE from the deadline when your VHL guy retires. Kind of like we already do now to get the most TPE before the draft.

We'd have more guys starting their VHL careers with 400+ TPE, but I guess that would be the benefit of having a VHL player ready and waiting in the VHLM for multiple seasons. I suppose that would be its own reward. At the same time, this is assuming the average person would reach that 300 or whatever TPE cap, but I can only assume not everyone will.

I'm just spitballing here, so add some ideas if you want as well.

So, would this possibly caused inflated players throughout a players 8 season career? Most players start out of the gate around 200-250ish at best entering the VHL. Now they're going to be entering at 325-400 or whatever. 

Wouldnt this have a negative affect on the new salary brackets (or put us in the same position as before), as well as have inflated players - higher TPE totals throughout the league. We brought in a harsher update scale to prevent players from maxing out or becoming inflated, but not with this, you're essentially enabling it again. 

13 minutes ago, Banackock said:

So, would this possibly caused inflated players throughout a players 8 season career? Most players start out of the gate around 200-250ish at best entering the VHL. Now they're going to be entering at 325-400 or whatever. 

Wouldnt this have a negative affect on the new salary brackets (or put us in the same position as before), as well as have inflated players - higher TPE totals throughout the league. We brought in a harsher update scale to prevent players from maxing out or becoming inflated, but not with this, you're essentially enabling it again. 

Then we reduce the cap . It doesn't have to be 300-400, I was just going off of what someone else threw out there.

Bring the weekly cap back down to 9. Win-win. Not sure why it was even bumped in the first place.

7 hours ago, Beaviss said:

thats a good question....

Basically, in my mind, vhlm stars would have 2 indicators. The first would be their thread title would need to indicate that it’s a vhlm star and not a regular player, so that updates always know the rules with them. The second indicator would be the draft season in their player thread. Before they become vhl players, their season would have an “m” next to it until they hit 200 tpe. For example:

(S60m) C - Joe Schmoe (VHLM Star), TPE: 45

Lets day they don’t hit 200 TPE until mid S64. They’d become part of the S65 Draft, then their player title would read:

(S65) C - Joe Schmoe (VHLM Star), TPE: 200

That way everyone knows what rules the player has to follow (attribute max, tpe max, etc.) and what seasons that player is eligible for. If they never hit 200 tpe, they are retired after 8 vhlm seasons. 

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Then we reduce the cap . It doesn't have to be 300-400, I was just going off of what someone else threw out there.

Yeah, the cap to stay in the minors would still be 200, so once a player hits that they can keep earning because they’d be a part of the next draft. 

IMO, if you have the rules in place for the second player, I don’t think it’s a problem to have both in the VHL at the same time. The second player cannot become anything other than depth anyways, so there’s no real issue to me. 

4 hours ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Bring the weekly cap back down to 9. Win-win. Not sure why it was even bumped in the first place.

To combat the new update scale. If you take out 24-30 tpe each season, it’s gonna be a lot harder to make a good player in your prime