Discussion - Welcome To VHL Dynasty!

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Hi guys!

League info to be found in this thread http://vhlforum.com/topic/48708-vhl-dynasty-league-info/

Payments won't be made due till the draft, but before then I'd like to invite you all to join the league and look around, let me know if you have any feed back and we can discuss any possible league issues like scoring in here.

So the idea behind this league is I'd like to have another interactive community within the VHL to better help the entire community have more activities. Plus given how many of us like sim leagues in general, why not have an NHL fantasy league while we're at it? In this case I'd like to promote both the usage of the forums and discord for the league. Ideally I'd like to setup a repository of information in the forums here to mark the history of the league as well as solidify things like trades and transactions in the forum, something to keep things official.

I hope you'll all join me in the league. We have choices to do online and offline drafts (Though i believe offline might be better) but in the case off offline drafts, we will have to start quickly to ensure we get in all our teams by through the off-season.

I'd like to keep the salary cap fluctuating and the same as the NHL, as well as keep prospects similar to their ELC contract rights. Though these things I believe we can discuss for sure.

The scoring system is based around what I believe should be beneficial for teams. We have combined special team points into a specific category and importantly faceoff wins is calculated at NET, meaning you can't just spam skates that take faceoffs, they actually have to win more than they lose in order to give you a benefit. This being to highlight the important of a good faceoff taker.

We are still short of the ideal number 15 teams. If it was up to me I'd like to open it up to 20 teams but 15 might be the best we can feasibly do without needing to go far and wide for replacements in the case it is required.

So without further adieu, I'd like to get this rolling with confirmation of the following GMs:

@tfong

@Spade18

@diamond_ace

@Exlaxchronicles

@TheLastOlympian07

@Devise

@Banackock

@iRockstar

@Broalie34

@Barracuda

@DollarAndADream

@Bushito

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator

Does editing a post with tags, actually tag people? I hope it does otherwise I have to re-tag people. Please confirm if you came here with a tag cuz I edited those in lol.

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator

I'd also be open to having people invite friends along or from other boards. I think most importantly we want to have the league filled with a good amount of people.

• Head Moderator

Well I was going by the actual signup numbers haha. Maybe there just isn't enough interest in fantasy leagues here?

Edited by tfong

1 hour ago, tfong said:

Yes but only if we get more players. Right now we dont have the numbers.

I'll do it if we get the numbers. Are we taking people outside of the league? I know a guy that might be interested

• Head Moderator
42 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I'll do it if we get the numbers. Are we taking people outside of the league? I know a guy that might be interested

I'm not opposed to outside league players. I'd just give priority to VHL members though.

• Head Moderator
On 5/6/2018 at 3:40 PM, DollarAndADream said:

If we can't fill anything in, we can always branch into the SHL for the rest. There are some decent guys over there that aren't here.

Can you maybe put some feelers out and see howmany would join?  Maybe also pm me via discord since I'm likely to see the msg there right away than on the forums here.

Edited by tfong