Portal Update

Will

• Senior Admin

I’ve just deployed a small update to the VHL Portal that I wanted to get out before I started working on a bigger project. 

First, the homepage and articles got a bit of renovation with the death of Autograph and now incorporates team logos and I think displays things a little nicer. The home page will now feature ‘league news’ as well as stuff by members like quality media spots, podcasts and graphics. I may hire someone to help manage this. 

Second, the depreciation tool got a face lift that I think really improves it: you can now switch between goalie/player without a page reload, import players directly in the tool instead of going through player pages. And, by just adding the non-depreciated attributes and a TPA calculation to the bottom of the columns, the depreciation tool can now be used as a TPA calculator as well - this should be useful to GM’s for predicting finance cap hits. http://vhlportal.com/tools/depreciation

I’ve also spent some time working on some backend stuff to make certain settings editable on the live site rather than me having to change them in the source files which is nice. 

My next stop is to find make some improved solution for sim updating and that’s what I’m working on next. 

• Will featured this topic