S60 World Cup Commish

Will

• Senior Admin

World Cup Commissioner Duties:
-Create a spreadsheet with players available for each nation based on countries.
-Hire a general manager for each six World Cup nations.

-Promote World Cup around the board.
-Being in charge of the World Cup as a whole.

Pay will be 5 uncapped TPE + a free week so you won't have to do a point task for that week if you don't want, or you can save it. 

Apply below!

On 5/27/2018 at 12:11 AM, DollarAndADream said:

I probably wouldn't mind doing it. What are the team specifications though? Like what countries lie within World/Scandinavia/Mercs/West Europe?

@Will

Are we going based off of the GOogle descriptions of Scandinavia/West Europe?

Scandinavia = Denmark, Norway, Sweden? Finland, Iceland?

West Europe = ??

Mercs = players not selected, right?

• Senior Admin
22 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Will

Are we going based off of the GOogle descriptions of Scandinavia/West Europe?

Scandinavia = Denmark, Norway, Sweden? Finland, Iceland?

West Europe = ??

Mercs = players not selected, right?

btw your hired!

12 minutes ago, Will said:

btw your hired!

So, I found this S58 World Cup thing that BUshito made. It has a team Western Europe, and not Europe.

Team List:

Team Canada

Team USA

Team Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland)

Team Western Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Germany)

Team World (All other countries) 

Team Mercenaries (Any players not selected for the above five teams)

So, my question is do I put other European countries like Romania into World?

1 hour ago, Will said:

btw your hired!

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

So, I found this S58 World Cup thing that BUshito made. It has a team Western Europe, and not Europe.

Team List:

Team Canada

Team USA

Team Western Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Germany)

Alright, so I've currently organized it according to Bushito's S58 World Cup countries thread.

This is the current breakdown, and I included a lot of VHLM guys just to make sure the teams are more filled: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WdfZgjunK0MMqeZIfkB80q870kus0r4X32x_sy5MVZk/edit?usp=sharing

There are some guys like from Latvia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Romania that would be in a full Europe squad, but because it's Western Europe they go into World. That breakdown seems decent though. I never realized how heavy Canada and USA are...Mercenaries are going to reap those unpicked guys.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I never realized how heavy Canada and USA are...Mercenaries are going to reap those unpicked guys.

Yeah, every WC is like that. It’s the reward / curse for picking Canada or the US. On the one hand you are nearly always guaranteed to medal BUT you need to make the team first which is much harder than other places because of the amount of talent.

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yeah, every WC is like that. It’s the reward / curse for picking Canada or the US. On the one hand you are nearly always guaranteed to medal BUT you need to make the team first which is much harder than other places because of the amount of talent.

One thing we could consider adopting from the SHL is picking a nationality. Or at least a secondary one or something if a team is full. Although I'm not sure how many people would be for that.

Although, SHL has a good amount of players. Man, for so many seasons in a row, Ireland GM and his buddies kept PMing from to switch from Canada. It was odd though considering Canada wasn't bad.

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

One thing we could consider adopting from the SHL is picking a nationality. Or at least a secondary one or something if a team is full. Although I'm not sure how many people would be for that.

Although, SHL has a good amount of players. Man, for so many seasons in a row, Ireland GM and his buddies kept PMing from to switch from Canada. It was odd though considering Canada wasn't bad.

I kinda like the realism of it. Making team Canada for the real World Cup is much harder than making team Sweden for example; it makes sense. To have Canadians randomly playing for Western Europe or something would just be weird. Especially since we already have the Merc team for those who don't make their actual national team.

9 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I kinda like the realism of it. Making team Canada for the real World Cup is much harder than making team Sweden for example; it makes sense. To have Canadians randomly playing for Western Europe or something would just be weird. Especially since we already have the Merc team for those who don't make their actual national team.

World are probably the team to beat this season. They look weak on defense, but guys like Bogdanovic and Aleksei have switched to RW and can still play D.

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Team List:

Team Canada

Team USA

Looks like you've figured it out, but yes those are the correct restrictions, the ones me and Street set up for the Season 43 World Cup (Think we had Western Europe in S40 as well but don't think it was ever defined by Jala as to what specific countries fit the Western Europe bracket). These used to be in the Skater Templates but it looks like they've been removed at some point. 

8 hours ago, Beketov said:

To be fair, once the merc team is filled out, other countries end up “drafting” the extras to fill out their rosters. It’s what I had to do with scandy last wc