Beaviss

Goalie Vote (Two Vote Max)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Goalie Vote(Two Vote Max)

• Ike Arkander (NYA) - 63GP, 49-11-1, 0.929SV%, 1.97GAA, 9SO, 1716SA
    • Markus King (SEA) - 64GP, 42-17-5, 0.925SV%, 1.96GAA, 7SO, 1662SA
    • Shawn Brodeur (DAV) - 54GP, 26-22-6, 0.914SV%, 2.54GAA, 7SO, 1561SA
    • Torstein Ironside (DAV) - 21GP, 7-8-3, 0.937SV%, 1.94GAA, 2SO, 607SA
    • Vernon Von Axelberry (RIG) - 68GP, 28-25-7, 0.905SV%, 3.07GAA, 3SO, 1858SA
    • Jacob (HSK) - 64GP, 49-12-3, 0.921SV%, 2.01GAA, 4SO, 1648SA
    • Norris Stopko (CGY) - 65GP, 35-28-1, 0.923SV%, 2.29GAA, 6SO, 1888SA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2018 at 07:00 AM

Hello VHL,

Please vote for One Goalie!

First off there will be a total of

12 Forwards

8 Defenceman

4 Goalies

Selected for the All Star game.

Now to get to the fun part, the selection for the all stars is up to the General Managers of the league and the public making it a true All Star game.

How it will work is there will be a message sent out to the General Managers of the VHL asking who they are sending to the VHL Game. First come first serve to each position. Now since there are only eight General Managers in the league we need the public's help to finish off the list! Once I have received each General Managers choice to who will be attending this game I will be starting a thread for each member of the VHL to post a players name once that thread is up for a couple days I will tally up the names and we will have the rest of the All Star team.

Now once our players are chosen we will also need to have Coaches and General Managers for each team.

With the public vote on what players should be in the All Star Game we will also need two Managers for each team. There will be a template in the public choice thread for all of this so please do not post here unless you want to advocate to the General Managers of the league who you want to be there.

Once the Managers of each team are chosen we can get to the draft portion of the Event. Each Manager will participate in a snake draft to select the teams for the All Star game. Once the players are selected then the managers will send me there lines and who there starting goalie will be. Since there are 4 Goalies selected the starting goalie will play periods 1/3 and the backup will play the 2nd period remember that for the draft.

To the live/recorded portion of this years All Star game we will be using NHL 18 on PS4 to run and record the event. The Event will be scheduled at a further date so people that wish to watch it live can.

The game will be Three periods of 20 minutes real time so it will be a full real game. 

Ill be creating NHL characters for the VHL characters as well as teams(hopefully) using there VHL stats(height,weight,scoring,speed,etc) so it truly will be the VHL characters in a real watchable game!

There also cannot be a All Star game without rewards for the players right!? With that said below are the ways each Player and Manager can earn TPE using this event.

All Participates:

All Star Selection: 1 TPE

Win the Game: 1 TPE

Skaters:

1st Star: 3 TPE

2nd Star: 2 TPE

3rd Star: 1 TPE

GWG: 1 TPE

Hat trick: 3 TPE

Goalies:

.900+ Save%: 1 TPE

Shutout: 2 TPE

There will be a 5 TPE earned cap for the rewards.

Edited by Beaviss

@Bushito

@MD9

@Symmetrik

@Corco

@JardyB10

@Toast

@Strtlght

@Toast

@Fire Hakstol

@Frank

@evrydayimbyfuglien

@Ahma

@BluObieZ

@TheLastOlympian07

@Bring Back Chat

@Corco

@boubabi

@Higgins

@Trifecta

@Kylrad

@gregreg

@diamond_ace

@UZI™

@Kyle

@STZ

@der meister 

@Kendrick

@Gooningitup

@Spade18

@ADV

@Kesler

@John Scott

@Lunaro

@bgreene21

@Velevra

@Phil

@Beaviss

@Tyler

@hedgehog337

@solas

@Jonessee27

@Will

@tfong

@Green

@jRuutu

@Banackock

@Laflamme

@CowboyinAmerica

@Devise

@Eggy216

@Pandar

@DollarAndADream

@Velevra

@philthethrill81

@Jogn

@Sixersfan549

@Mr.Baller

@Exlaxchronicles

@GoodLeftUndone

@Boragina

@Koradek

@Arthur

@stevo

@bukss_a

@FacePuncher

@DeathOnReddit

@nikkurri17

@HellBillyXIII

@MadMax

@Jepox

@Polygeekism

@Masxn1

@omgitshim

@Sami K

@OldTimeHockey

@Vincebrown

@VHLwhat

@MWHazard

@Týr

@Shaka

@Daniel

@Dangles13

@probably not noah

@iRockstar

@.sniffuM

@Victor

@Barracuda

@cpetrella

@Sathurx

@TrueNorth

@Hoopydog

@GCN7115

@Lloyd_71_Pav

@Burzawa

@CookieJo

@Austin3886

@DomWalton90

@Broalie34

@TWalkerFC

@10293lolo 2nd

@declanburns

@Quik

@Aiden G

@Talia03

@Dante Massaro

@MexicanCow

@jackphillips.18

@Hadz

@MaikTheRed

@Jera

@That1guy

@Zaramon95

@YayIWin

@Benm2110

@ujju2

@InsaneEruptt

@pennypenny

@TNTGamer101

@ColtonMariner11

@AdderClounJr209

@OB1mx

@YoungBlood

@jcfbey01

@Erik Johannsen

@Lax66

@Cleveland crashers

@AnthonyOuellet

@nucks

@PeterZahBa

@Noah Kearney

@GavinHaslam

@AndrewWarren13

@Rosco

@sencitis

@ShaneAppelle

@HockeyGod99

@nzakes

@twoplayable

@Papa Bless' Memes

@Tim

@YourInferiorx

@Seattle Storm

@PKelly

@Kalpa

@Smitty

@Jacob Kundrat

@nolanmclaney

@Gillyweed123

@miketheczar

@TN71

@njheseltine38

@Echotastic2

@lonelyethics

@ColtonMariner11

Ironside might have had the best SV% and GAA, but I don't think it's enough games to get a vote over one of the starting goalies.

It's nice to get a vote in his retirement season, and that he played so well. He might have been able to make Quebec a competitive team, or somebody else, so it's kind of sad to me that nobody wants him.

Ah, well.

23 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Ironside might have had the best SV% and GAA, but I don't think it's enough games to get a vote over one of the starting goalies.

It's nice to get a vote in his retirement season, and that he played so well. He might have been able to make Quebec a competitive team, or somebody else, so it's kind of sad to me that nobody wants him.

Ah, well.

Probably but I didn’t want to be competitive yet ? 

54 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Hope those "biased" commenters can check this out.

Where is this bias you speak of? I hate this elusive shit, say what you mean.

6 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Where is this bias you speak of? I hate this elusive shit, say what you mean.

He means when I was talking to @boubabiduring the game and talking about his goalie.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

He means when I was talking to @boubabiduring the game and talking about his goalie.

Still bringing up Boobs shit? Jesus, move on already.

41 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

38 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Still bringing up Boobs shit? Jesus, move on already.

Actually it has nothing to do with that.

It's about being called out by Will and Higgins last year. Yet this year Stropko is getting votes when there are 2 goalies with better stats.

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Actually it has nothing to do with that.

It's about being called out by Will and Higgins last year. Yet this year Stropko is getting votes when there are 2 goalies with better stats.

Yeah because they play on way better teams, Stopko is the best goalie in the league. I see your point though, maybe make it so it isn't a popularity contest for TPE.

15 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Yeah because they play on way better teams, Stopko is the best goalie in the league. I see your point though, maybe make it so it isn't a popularity contest for TPE.

Records aside, that's not true. A better save percentage is the one stat that carries the most weight and both those guys have better save percentages. That's been the argument in the past and it's the one that is ring most true.

You vote the way you want, just shedding light on the call out I received last year for the same thing.

17 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Stopko is the best goalie in the league

I'd love to know why you think this by the way, just curious as to what stats you are using to come up with this.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Records aside, that's not true. A better save percentage is the one stat that carries the most weight and both those guys have better save percentages. That's been the argument in the past and it's the one that is ring most true.

You vote the way you want, just shedding light on the call out I received last year for the same thing.

If goalies have a far superior defense and 500 less TPE they'll have a better season and Save % than a goalie with 500 more TPE and a weak defense. I was more saying Stopko is the best goaltender in the league by the numbers as in TPE, OVR, ect. 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'd love to know why you think this by the way, just curious as to what stats you are using to come up with this.

Ummm TPE and in game OVR. Stopko is 85, you're 82 Arkander is about 77 I think

3 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Ummm TPE and in game OVR. Stopko is 85, you're 82 Arkander is about 77 I think

But that OVR has nothing to do with the stats we see here. In fact that could work against him.

Actually, save percentage is a huge stat that isn't really team related. As we all know the STHS rewards bad teams in a way by allowing more shots to be seen to boost the save percentage. Thus you saw more shots, but didn't stop as many. GAA is the stat you are looking at when it comes to team as a team can really suck and basically give the goalie horrible GAA, but his save percentage can still be high.

GAA is a team stat, not save percentage. That's well documented in the NHL and the STHS. So yes in the sim Norris has better OVR (not really TPE if you look at the player threads), but that doesnt mean he was the best in regards to stats.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

But that OVR has nothing to do with the stats we see here. In fact that could work against him.

Actually, save percentage is a huge stat that isn't really team related. As we all know the STHS rewards bad teams in a way by allowing more shots to be seen to boost the save percentage. Thus you saw more shots, but didn't stop as many. GAA is the stat you are looking at when it comes to team as a team can really suck and basically give the goalie horrible GAA, but his save percentage can still be high.

GAA is a team stat, not save percentage. That's well documented in the NHL and the STHS. So yes in the sim Norris has better OVR (not really TPE if you look at the player threads), but that doesnt mean he was the best in regards to stats.

lol, whatever Kendrick. I'm not arguing that I deserve the top goalie award because I don't. I'm not even saying I deserve to be an all-star. You are literally arguing over nothing. All I said is Stopko is the best-rated goaltender in the game which he is, and has the most TPE applied in-game because you've been regressed lower than him. And his play isn't because of build because he's tied or higher in every attribute besides experience.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Also:

Calgary has 1558 TPE on Defense

New York has 1412 TPE on Defense

So their forwards all have 30 DEF? You aren't getting it or don't care or maybe just want to argue. New York is a far better team defensively because we are young as fuck.

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

lol, whatever Kendrick. I'm not arguing that I deserve the top goalie award because I don't. I'm not even saying I deserve to be an all-star. You are literally arguing over nothing. All I said is Stopko is the best-rated goaltender in the game which he is, and has the most TPE applied in-game because you've been regressed lower than him. And his play isn't because of build because he's tied or higher in every attribute besides experience.

Don't whatever me, I'm not saying your vote isn't valid. I appreciate you discussing it, just saying that it seems everyone has a different grasp of what each stat means. I'm not arguing at all, just stating I think people have a different way of interpreting the stats and that can lead to votes being cast where they may or may not have gone.

Best rated in the game works against him then, because his stats should be highest out of all goalies. OVR in the game cant really be an argument for a player.

So their forwards all have 30 DEF? You aren't getting it or don't care or maybe just want to argue. New York is a far better team defensively because we are young as fuck.

You did state defense, not forward defensive depth. Relax

10 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Don't whatever me, I'm not saying your vote isn't valid. I appreciate you discussing it, just saying that it seems everyone has a different grasp of what each stat means. I'm not arguing at all, just stating I think people have a different way of interpreting the stats and that can lead to votes being cast where they may or may not have gone.

Best rated in the game works against him then, because his stats should be highest out of all goalies. OVR in the game cant really be an argument for a player.

Yeah he's shit, I know

Yeah he's shit, I know

I appreciate the discussion none the less even if it's a disagreement.

Looking at the poll now just tells me that maybe not everyone knows how to define each specific stat. I mean Ironside getting votes over Stropko or anyone really is silly. Not sure why a backup as added to the list. I think @DollarAndADream would agree

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I appreciate the discussion none the less even if it's a disagreement.

Looking at the poll now just tells me that maybe not everyone knows how to define each specific stat. I mean Ironside getting votes over Stropko or anyone really is silly. Not sure why a backup as added to the list. I think @DollarAndADream would agree

My central point was that it is nothing more than a popularity contest. That point was lost when you just wanted to talk about how your player was better, even though we both know that if the two goalies swapped teams I'd have the best goalie in the league.

26 minutes ago, Bushito said:

My central point was that it is nothing more than a popularity contest. That point was lost when you just wanted to talk about how your player was better, even though we both know that if the two goalies swapped teams I'd have the best goalie in the league.

Actually we don't know that, you think that but I don't. OVR has nothing to do with it haha. It's STHS man.