Beaviss

Goalie Vote (Two Vote Max)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Goalie Vote(Two Vote Max)

• Ike Arkander (NYA) - 63GP, 49-11-1, 0.929SV%, 1.97GAA, 9SO, 1716SA
    • Markus King (SEA) - 64GP, 42-17-5, 0.925SV%, 1.96GAA, 7SO, 1662SA
    • Shawn Brodeur (DAV) - 54GP, 26-22-6, 0.914SV%, 2.54GAA, 7SO, 1561SA
    • Torstein Ironside (DAV) - 21GP, 7-8-3, 0.937SV%, 1.94GAA, 2SO, 607SA
    • Vernon Von Axelberry (RIG) - 68GP, 28-25-7, 0.905SV%, 3.07GAA, 3SO, 1858SA
    • Jacob (HSK) - 64GP, 49-12-3, 0.921SV%, 2.01GAA, 4SO, 1648SA
    • Norris Stopko (CGY) - 65GP, 35-28-1, 0.923SV%, 2.29GAA, 6SO, 1888SA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2018 at 07:00 AM

5 hours ago, Kendrick said:

But that OVR has nothing to do with the stats we see here. In fact that could work against him.

Actually, save percentage is a huge stat that isn't really team related. As we all know the STHS rewards bad teams in a way by allowing more shots to be seen to boost the save percentage. Thus you saw more shots, but didn't stop as many. GAA is the stat you are looking at when it comes to team as a team can really suck and basically give the goalie horrible GAA, but his save percentage can still be high.

GAA is a team stat, not save percentage. That's well documented in the NHL and the STHS. So yes in the sim Norris has better OVR (not really TPE if you look at the player threads), but that doesnt mean he was the best in regards to stats.

I agree with this here. Many, many times in the VHL goalies on shit teams have great SV%. I mean, Ironside has the best SV% in the league and he's on a team that Calgary just beat in the playoffs. His TPA is only like 700. We've seen goalies perform great on shit teams in the VHL over and over again.

5 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I appreciate the discussion none the less even if it's a disagreement.

Looking at the poll now just tells me that maybe not everyone knows how to define each specific stat. I mean Ironside getting votes over Stropko or anyone really is silly. Not sure why a backup as added to the list. I think @DollarAndADream would agree

Yeah, Ironside has been awesome, but he only has a sample of 21 games played. I don't think he deserves to be in it over starting goalies even if they were a little worse. Other than maybe an All-Star Game retirement party. Ironside was the best goalie in the league though like last season and the one before, so I don't care about missing this one.