Awards Changes

Will

• Senior Admin

A few announcements to make regarding awards before the upcoming off-season:

1. Devon Marlow-Marta & Terence Fong Trophies Retired

These two trophies, supposed to be awarded to the finals teams from each conference, are being retired. Since going down to 8 teams and a single conference, they haven't made much sense. But don't worry, you will earn prediction points each season for predicting which two teams will make the finals -- they just won't be getting an official award any longer. 

2. Award Committee 

BOG award voting was never meant to be a permanent solution. @Beketov and myself have decided this season would be good time to establish a proper award committee, something we have discussed on and off for quite awhile. That committee is now in place and will be functioning for the S60 award voting. Here's how it will work:

- The award committee will consist of 8 members at a time who are each well informed, professional, and represent many different 'types' of members - for example, it was important to us that we include at least one newer (but still well-informed) member. No GM's nor Commissioner's are eligible to serve on the committee. 

- Any one member is only able to serve on the committee for a maximum of 3 consecutive seasons before having to take at least one season off. 2-3 members will be rotated out each season and replaced by new members chosen by the Commissioner's. We wanted to do this to ensure fresh faces are coming and going, rather than have the same group decide awards year after year. Therefore, its important to note that a member being rotated out is not necessarily a reflection of the job they did. 

- Each season, one member of committee will be designated as Chairman of the committee. That member will receive some (capped) TPE in exchange for organizing the award discussion, the voting, and ultimately posting the award winners on behalf of the committee.

Here is the inaugural award committee for S60:

@Tagger - Chairman

@der meister

@CowboyinAmerica

@Smarch

@Spade18

@diamond_ace

@Quik

@tfong

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I call change #1 the Victor Ammendment.

What happeneds if your on this team and get a GM job? 

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

What happeneds if your on this team and get a GM job? 

What?

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

What?

Lets for example say I’m on the awards team and I get a VHL GM job. Would I stay on the team till term or be replaced?

• Senior Admin
4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Lets for example say I’m on the awards team and I get a VHL GM job. Would I stay on the team till term or be replaced?

Depends when it was probably. If we hadn't decided on who to rotate out yet that season, the person with a GM job would go. If you got the job like the day before voting you could still vote and leave after that season - after all you wouldn't have been a GM for that season anyway so it's not really a concern. 

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

What Will said covers it.

My confusion came from the fact that you quoted me on something unrelated. I was really confused on when @Victor became a GM again haha

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

What Will said covers it.

My confusion came from the fact that you quoted me on something unrelated. I was really confused on when @Victor became a GM again haha

I was just trying to get your attention 

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, tfong said:

I liked this up to where they retired my award :(

To be fair you did have two awards. Now you just have one, that’s still better than most haha

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

To be fair you did have two awards. Now you just have one, that’s still better than most haha

First its just the tip. THEN ITS ANAL! WHEN WILL IT STOP??