Trophy Names and Player Career Length

For the fun of it why don't we change the trophies names to the current winner? For example: Last years rookie winner was me so change it to  the David Kiaskov Trophy rookie of the year award. This year it would probably be the Veran Dragomir Trophy. 

And it could stay that players name until someone else won the award. Dumb idea? 

Also I think the 8 year career limit should be scrapped so a player can continue his career longer.

No to idea one. Too much change and the history of it is cool - though, for flexibility maybe update the names every now and then to maybe players slightly more relevant to those who haven't been around since S1-10 etc. 

For thw career lengths, always liked the idea of going longer but as always discussed - it affects career turnover and drafts pretty good. But again, I like the idea of a 10 year career but feel if it came about - it shouldn't be applied for a few seasons so we can fully think out brackets, cap and league format etc so that we're not in a sticky situation where we're constantly tinkering with the brackets etc. 

12 minutes ago, Banackock said:

No to idea one. Too much change and the history of it is cool - though, for flexibility maybe update the names every now and then to maybe players slightly more relevant to those who haven't been around since S1-10 etc. 

For thw career lengths, always liked the idea of going longer but as always discussed - it affects career turnover and drafts pretty good. But again, I like the idea of a 10 year career but feel if it came about - it shouldn't be applied for a few seasons so we can fully think out brackets, cap and league format etc so that we're not in a sticky situation where we're constantly tinkering with the brackets etc. 

Trophys names should change every 10 seasons so throw each generation a bone

in the next edition of the mag you should put a section called the bust’s and it will be fail trophy’s. I’d love to read that

Edited by Beaviss

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

in the next edition of the mag you should put a section called the bust’s and it will be fail trophy’s. I’d love to read that

I would say every 15 or 25 seasons.  So there is some mystery and wonder to the names, but they can be more relevant.

Like I only think I know who Scott Campbell was and thats because his name was everywhere in the history section lol.

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I'm tardy with that (I'm good for this weeks PT's) and swamped at work but of course there will be one for draft time! 

Im gonna be looking to see what alternatives there are and see if it can be improved and maybe look better (more options etc). 

3 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I would say every 15 or 25 seasons.  So there is some mystery and wonder to the names, but they can be more relevant.

Like I only think I know who Scott Campbell was and thats because his name was everywhere in the history section lol.

You would be a lock for the “busts” awards 

-Biggests Playoff let down-

goooooeeeeessssss toooooooooooooo

-

-

-

-

COLTON RAYNE!!!!

It'd be more likely to update the VHLM awards again rather than the VHL, and that was done a couple seasons ago...maybe 8ish?

And the 8 season career length has been discussed. My personal opinion is that I like the turnaround in the league and seeing new players. From a practical standpoint, increasing career length would negatively effect our drafts, some of which can be weak already.

12 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Don't you speak that way about my defenseman!

Your wound is still to fresh 

9 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Don't you speak to me that way!

Im higher in the standings! (Only team that I can say that too) 

• Commissioner
13 hours ago, Spade18 said:

Way to hurt my feelings :(