Robert Report "Blue is the color"

BluObieZ

So this week and the final week for this draft class the list shrinks. Why? Because the people who are gone off the list are gone off the site/are inactive. I will not keep looking into their stagnant numbers and putting more work into this then I really need to and want to.

Ranking.jpg

Now I need to get this list in and a mock draft before the draft starts tonight. I have zero idea when that is and I have zero intention to find out. Sure you can go off my pick by pick break on the side but eh I shall bust out a mock so I can milk this draft for one more payday.

Some people say that Gate will go first and I don’t think that is. Beketov is the best player in this draft by a long shot. Seattle needs everything right now. They can get a D later in the draft with their? 4th pick? But they cannot get another franchise forward. Thompson is the best player and that’s not no knock at Cast, it’s just fact.

Now since this is not a mock draft I will not break this down all the way. All that I will say is that this draft has gone from shit to something you can get great value well into the mid 2nd round. That is if you pick wisely. Kovalev and Jokinen are great guys but will they really offer you great depth for a cup run? That is a question a GM should be asking themselves tonight at the draft.

Another question asked tonight is with the later D picks teams that are better-rounded will be picking. Instead of drafting a boom/bust player you can maybe go out and sign Ko Kane to help you win a cup now and not the future. But there are lots of doubts he leaves Davos.

Goalie wise yes some teams need them, hell lots a teams need them but I get the feeling that the goalies will drop in this draft. While teams need them they also have massive glaring holes. With better players on the board they will go for them. Once it gets to the tipping point where they will be the best players on the board teams will start to consider to pick them over project players.

This draft is truly a paint by numbers masterpiece (is there such thing?) anyways… let me tell you why. You get your good forwards that are let’s say green… if you start with the first few guys you don’t really see a huge difference in the hue of the green. But then you hit a shitty green when you get into the 2nd round and find that it’s slim pickings. Same thing goes for the goalies after the top two, you are pretty much fucking fucked. If you are using…let’s say Pink for the goalies you do not want to be using blue after the top two. Trust me blue is not pink. Just ask a girl if blue pussy lips is a good thing or not. Hint it’s not.