World Cup Predictor for TPE

Yay/Nay? We have a lot of people who watch the sport and many more who will watch it just for the world cup. Could do a thing where we predict each match or something and the winner gets a certain amount of TPE. I'd run it but I'm unreliable ?

it starts Thursday 

Could do like

Predict the score of every match

1 point for the correct winner of a match

3 if you get the score right as well

Then 5 if you predict the winner overall before Thursday or before every team has done their first match. And the blue team can figure out the actual TPE totals people get if they win the pool.

Edited by Tyler

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Could do like

Predict the score of every match

1 point for the correct winner of a match

3 if you get the score right as well

Then 5 if you predict the winner overall before Thursday or before every team has done their first match. And the blue team can figure out the actual TPE totals people get if they win the pool.

That'd be a lot of matches to predict the score for though wouldn't it, that's like 60+ I think? Might be easier to just do a straight bracket prediction, like say 1 point for every team you correctly picked to make it through first round, 2 point for every team you correctly picked for Quarters, 3 for every correct Semi-Final pick, 5 for every correct finalist and then 10 for the winner? 

Edited by Tagger

6 minutes ago, Tagger said:

That'd be a lot of matches to predict the score for though wouldn't it, that's like 60+ I think? Might be easier to just do a straight bracket prediction, like say 1 point for every team you correctly picked to make it through first round, 2 point for every team you correctly picked for Quarters, 3 for every correct Semi-Final pick, 5 for every correct finalist and then 10 for the winner? 

Yeah I mean you could do that but I'd much prefer the other way tbh. Separate the men from the boys!

in all seriousness it wouldn't be that hard? Just do predictions the night before.

20 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Yeah I mean you could do that but I'd much prefer the other way tbh. Separate the men from the boys!

in all seriousness it wouldn't be that hard? Just do predictions the night before.

Can you give me an example of how each thread would be organized in your method then? Cause it's just the way I'm thinking about how predicting the result of every game has to be organized, it sounds like a long process. 

Edited by Tagger

54 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Can you give me an example of how each thread would be organized in your method then? Cause it's just the way I'm thinking about how predicting the result of every game has to be organized, it sounds like a long process. 

I mean you could just make a new thread every day right?

Just do like

Matchday 1

Russia v. Saudi Arabia

people make their picks then make a new thread for matchday 2

Matchday 2

put the matches here

Obviously it would take like 30 threads but if they're all in the same section over various days I don't see the issue tbh

59 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Just do like

Matchday 1

Russia v. Saudi Arabia

Matchday 2

put the matches here

Obviously it would take like 30 threads but if they're all in the same section over various days I don't see the issue tbh

Why not just do standings? Then overall winner? Playoff bracket etc? I'm not huge into soccer and don't know a whole

lot but yeah.

Germany wins.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Why not just do standings? Then overall winner? Playoff bracket etc? I'm not huge into soccer and don't know a whole

lot but yeah.

Germany wins.

I find if you don't know anything the match by match basis would be a lot easier for you tbh 

trying to guess an entire bracket before hand would be difficult

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I find if you don't know anything the match by match basis would be a lot easier for you tbh 

trying to guess an entire bracket before hand would be difficult

Kinda. Pretty easy-ish bracket wise too though

5 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

As a person who knows nothing of soccer, this would pretty much blow and I wouldn't get a single TPE.

Most of the fantasy things here give at least one just for participating

10 hours ago, Tyler said:

Just do like

Matchday 1

Russia v. Saudi Arabia

Matchday 2

put the matches here

Well that's a lot of forum clutter for a single point task and the other problem comes with the window of opportunity to submit for each day of games, would only be like a day per submission (we don't run as a league that offers that small a window) whereas with a bracket, while we're running a bit tight for time now, you could feasibly keep that open through the first round of games for everyone to get their submissions in. Plus I disagree with it being easier match by match basis for someone who doesn't watch, because those guys would probably just want to do one thing and be done with it, not having to do the same thing 20 times over the next month about something they have no interest in.

I mean i guess but its not like there was much of a window between nhl playoffs series. Most people log on once every 12 hours or so. 

Idk you could just predict the groups but that seems less fun 

in terms of clutter who cares? Its one thread a day for a month not a big deal

• Admin

1. Round by round bracket. Like NHL where you predict the results before the round as opposed to a bracket which fucks you over by not getting bits right.

2. Pick em and predict the score like VHL for 4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

1. Round by round bracket. Like NHL where you predict the results before the round as opposed to a bracket which fucks you over by not getting bits right.

I prefer the second choice but obviously it's up to other people and the blue team

6 minutes ago, Victor said:

#1.