VHL Portal & S61 Predictions

Will

• Senior Admin

Hello everyone, 

Single Sign-On

In a big step forward for the Portal, single sign-on between the Portal and the Forum is now up and running. This means that, instead of having to register a 2nd account and set a password, you can login to the Portal with your VHL Forum account. In fact, you don't even have to type in your account info, as long as you're logged into the forum everything will be automatic. 

Therefore, all existing Portal accounts were deleted as a new one will be created for you automatically the first time you sign into the Portal. 

Sign in here. Once you login, you will notice a red alert saying you haven't yet linked a player - go ahead and select your player to get rid of the warning, more on that coming soon. 

S61 Predictions

This year's award predictions are now open. Once you get logged in as above, you can submit them here and you'll be able to edit them up until the time the season starts.

I've made things a little easier for you this time, instead of having massive dropdown lists you can begin to type player names to filter the list, much like when you're tagging someone on the Forum - although a little smarter in that it searches inside of names instead of just the beginning letters so you can search by last name or whatever. You're welcome! 

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Might be just a mobile problem but there are no players listed in the dropdown to link a player.

It's working fine on my phone on my phone (other than the poor mobile display optimization that im just noticing now) 

Possibly try clearing your cache? Actually that's probably good advice for anyone having any issues with this as your browser might be ignoring the new changes since this is an old page.

• Senior Admin
6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Might be just a mobile problem but there are no players listed in the dropdown to link a player.

2 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

On pc too

Scratch clearing the cache. I thought you were talking about the prediction page not the player link page. I forgot to upload the new file for that one ? 

Should be working now. 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Oh great we went to the SBA's stupid automated system they have. Yikes

It's been like this for like 3 seasons.. ?

3 minutes ago, Will said:

It's been like this for like 3 seasons.. ?

That being said you guys should make something available so new members can see others picks. Otherwise this isn't fun for them

• Senior Admin
Just now, Kendrick said:

That being said you guys should make something available so new members can see others picks. Otherwise this isn't fun for them

I did that last season, you can see them all here https://vhlportal.com/tools/predictions (once people submit some)

Atm I'm fixing the issue Spade mentioned though, the new autocomplete giving me some trouble, found a fix but need a few minutes.

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah I just submitted and it told me they weren't valid choices...

Yeah that's I'm fixing. The autocomplete is a bitch. 

• Senior Admin
10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Will

I see there's an option to link a player to your account. Will I be able to do 2, or do I have to choose 1?

Damn GM players making my life difficult. I don't know yet ?

Also I temporarily closed predictions while I fix the issue. 

13 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Will

I see there's an option to link a player to your account. Will I be able to do 2, or do I have to choose 1?

1 minute ago, Will said:

Damn GM players making my life difficult. I don't know yet ?

Also I temporarily closed predictions while I fix the issue. 

I was just typing this question is there a tool for changing your primary player? 

• Senior Admin

Yeah you won't see your player if you havent been created in the sim yet, you'll have to wait (this will be corrected in an update coming soon)

• Senior Admin

Sorry guys I really fucked the prediction system up ? somethings better left un-improved! 

I should be able to fix it tonight, sorry for the confusion this should have been rather straightforward.