M.I.A

Ball

Sebastian Ball Jr. was on pace to have a career year. 58 games into the season. Ball Jr. was sitting at 71 points on the season. He was on pace to break the 90 point plateau, with Seattle getting prepared to end the season with one of the easier schedules in the league. The kid was on fire after under performing for most of his VHL career. 100 points didn't look impossible for the fourth year winger out of Boston College, a mark no one thought he would reach at the beginning of the season. But how things change in the blink of an eye. In the past 8 games, Ball Jr. has put up 1 point, a huge dissapointment to Bears' fans. "You have to sit back and really wonder," said Paul Thurman, a life long Seattle Bears fan. "Is this kid really the future of our team? You star player can't go missing, especially when your playoff lives are on the line. A lot of fans were calling for his head last season, but if we miss the playoffs, these people are gonna run him out of town." At the moment, the Bears are on the outside looking in. With 6 games left in the season, the Bears sit behind the New York Americans by 1 point. "If we don't make the playoffs, this will be the lowest point in my career," said Ball after last nights shoot out loss to the Cologne Express. "We have a crucial game against the Americans tonight and if I don't play up to par, I wouldn't blame the fans if they want me out after S36. But, I'm gonna do everything in my power to make the playoffs this season. It's playoffs or bust for us right now, because this division is only getting better by the day." Will Seattle overcome their dismal play this season to make the playoffs? We'll just have to wait and see how the story plays out. Welcome to the VHL folks, where anything can and will happen.