Claimed: First Media Spot- New Player in the League

stucky71

With the VHL S61 already underway, Stucky is scrambling around trying to learn the ropes of this league. This isn't anything new to him, however, as that pretty much describes the way he was brought up and, ultimately, plays his game.  Coming from a large family with many brothers playing hockey, he wasn't able to obtain the fortunes of training and travel leagues- as it was too expensive. He does have an outstanding Father who would do his best to help Stucky improve both on, and off the ice. 

Stucky started out as a swift-footed defenseman. At first, he didn't have the best shot, however he was savvy in his skating and a hell of a passer as well. As he grew into his body he decided it was time to move up to Forward, just in time for High School hockey to start. Stucky quickly went from a softer, skating type that played with his head up into a grinding forward. Whether it's getting in the opposing goalies face, taking a hit to make the play, or making the contact himself, he plays with a chip on his shoulder that isn't looking to go away anytime soon. 

Eventually, Stucky felt that he had more potential than others thought, so he decided to work on his shot. After seeking guide from others, and watching experts himself, he quickly learned and improved on his snap shot, as well as his stick handling/ puck-eye management. He felt he was a new player back in the Sophomore year of High School- and thus changed his number from 12 to 71 to honor his current idol, Malkin. 

Throughout the sophomore  year, Stucky saw immediate and continued success as he improved from 12 goals and 36 points the previous season to 34 goals and 65 points in 60 games with the Belleview Jaguars. While he was certainly happy with these efforts, he eventually graduated without ever winning the state championship. That following summer he was anxious to get to Penn State- determined to take them to the Frozen Four on his back. 

Wearing the Navy and White, Stucky kept his number 71 and improved on nearly every facet of his game, transforming the once soft defensemen into a hard-nosed skilled grinder, and finalist for the Hobey Baker award during his last two years at Penn State. He delivered on his promise, bringing the championship to Penn State and winning the coveted Hobey Baker his senior year. 

Looking forward to his professional career, Stucky has maintained his work ethic that delivered results in the first place. He agreed to work out with trainer Gary Roberts and has a very strict diet to get rid of the beer belly acquired as he celebrated the championship. 

What Stucky will bring to any team that signs him is a quiet leader. While he plays "loud" on the ice, he leads by example in the locker room and with the media. He is the first to help solve internal issues and the last to cause any. Stucky will be a solid teammate, and a potential lead or assistant captain for any team that wants to bring him on. 

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, stucky71 said:

@Beketov Do I need to do anything else to acquire TPE for this post? Also can you please inform me how I can view my TPE and add to my stats? Thank you!

You've got the word count so you're good to claim this for 6 TPE!

This process is gonna change soon but for now what you need to do in order to apply your TPE is create and update thread. Since you don't have a team yet you can make your update thread HERE. There are guidelines at the top to help you out with how it should be formatted and such but if you'd like you can take a look at MINE as well to get a better idea. 

22 minutes ago, Beketov said:

This process is gonna change soon but for now what you need to do in order to apply your TPE is create and update thread. Since you don't have a team yet you can make your update thread HERE. There are guidelines at the top to help you out with how it should be formatted and such but if you'd like you can take a look at MINE as well to get a better idea. 

Thank you so much! Appreciate it!

9 hours ago, Beketov said:

Make sure to create a reviewing log and link this in there. I now expect 4-8 reviews per week from you. Sorry.

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Make sure to create a reviewing log and link this in there. I now expect 4-8 reviews per week from you. Sorry.

You telling a commish what to do? :banned: