Sign in to follow this  
Fire Hakstol

2018-2019 NHL Discussion

Recommended Posts

With the draft on Friday and some trades, looks like it's time to start this thread up.

 

I know Ottawa had to get rid of Hoffman...but man oh man did they get destroyed in that trade, especially considering San Jose just flipped him to Florida for even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Edmonton likely shit again

 

Mcdavid alone make them better than a few teams though. 

 

Sens honestly would be smart to still move Karlsson give the 4th pick to the Avs. And just tank for Hughes they are such a mess right now and that Hoffman trade was just downright garbage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

 

Mcdavid alone make them better than a few teams though. 

 

Sens honestly would be smart to still move Karlsson give the 4th pick to the Avs. And just tank for Hughes they are such a mess right now and that Hoffman trade was just downright garbage

Too bad it’s such a big city and team in Canada. Move them to Quebec. They’re a disaster lol

 

though, in honesty, get rid of their shitty owner. Start from the top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

 

Mcdavid alone make them better than a few teams though. 

 

Sens honestly would be smart to still move Karlsson give the 4th pick to the Avs. And just tank for Hughes they are such a mess right now and that Hoffman trade was just downright garbage

A few teams sure, but still shit because they neglected to draft any quality defensemen years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Banackock said:

Too bad it’s such a big city and team in Canada. Move them to Quebec. They’re a disaster lol

 

though, in honesty, get rid of their shitty owner. Start from the top

 

By far their biggest issue, and unfortunately one that's a non starter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spade18 said:

 

By far their biggest issue, and unfortunately one that's a non starter

 

Not if he keeps firing all his employees and taking their jobs lol

 

But yeah, there's so much going wrong in Ottawa. I'd hate to lose our 2nd (3rd after Buffalo?) home rink, but moving them to Quebec City might be best for all involved. Though, after everything Gerry's done to save hockey in the desert, I'd be pissed if he relocated another Canadian franchise, even if it was to QC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I wonder how Galchenyuk will do in Arizona. Him and Keller probably will do decent together.

 

He's one of the most annoying players in the league to watch. So much talent so little hockey IQ. Still better then domi lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 10 draft rankings per my intense watching of prospects

 

1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Dobson

4. Zadina

5. Hughes

6. Tkachuk

7. Boqvist

8. Wahlstrom

9. Kotkaniemi

10. Bouchard

 

thank me later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyler said:

Top 10 draft rankings per my intense watching of prospects

 

1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Dobson 

4. Zadina

5. Hughes 

6. Tkachuk

7. Boqvist

8. Wahlstrom

9. Kotkaniemi

10. Bouchard 

 

thank me later

 

Nice try Marc, pretending you have JK @ 9 isn't going to get you a haul to trade down :P

 

Edit: Ach, I keep forgetting how weird the new =p emoji is 😦

Edited by Quik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quik said:

 

Not if he keeps firing all his employees and taking their jobs lol

 

But yeah, there's so much going wrong in Ottawa. I'd hate to lose our 2nd (3rd after Buffalo?) home rink, but moving them to Quebec City might be best for all involved. Though, after everything Gerry's done to save hockey in the desert, I'd be pissed if he relocated another Canadian franchise, even if it was to QC.

Ottawa to Seattle confirmed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Quik said:

 

Nice try Marc, pretending you have JK @ 9 isn't going to get you a haul to trade down :P

 

Edit: Ach, I keep forgetting how weird the new =p emoji is 😦

 

Lol fwiw I don't want them to draft him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler said:

 

Lol fwiw I don't want them to draft him

 

haha, was kinda my point. I hope he does take him at 3, just for the schadenfreude of Habs fans getting pissed at the pick. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised for him to go after Tkachuk either, if just for dem "intanguhbulz".

 

There is a lot of smoke about Zadina falling out of the top 5 though, and he's who I figured they would/should take, so who knows what happens. I just want to see what Dubas does this weekend and next, should be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Kovy is a king and at 6+mill per year 3 years yikes what an awful deal 😕

 

Yeah, that's a lot of money and term for an older player who was out of the NHL for the past couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.