2018-2019 NHL Discussion

Fire Tortorella

On 2/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, leafssteen said:

How much do you guys think Mitch Mariner is worth? ? 

I'll agree with TLO, he's probably at around $9-9.5M on a 5-year deal. Same as Matthews, any longer, and you start to get too high an AAV to fit everyone. If he digs in on making more than that, which is pretty crazy given what UFA comps are going for, then you move him and use the assets to fill in for him, as well as the blue line.

54 minutes ago, Quik said:

I'll agree with TLO, he's probably at around $9-9.5M on a 5-year deal. Same as Matthews, any longer, and you start to get too high an AAV to fit everyone. If he digs in on making more than that, which is pretty crazy given what UFA comps are going for, then you move him and use the assets to fill in for him, as well as the blue line.

Yeah, I really hope they don’t move him, such a talented player & is a great role model on and off the ice!

• 3 months later...

Congrats to the St Louis Blues on winning their franchises first Stanley Cup, and to anyone who is a Blues fan here on VHLforum

• 3 weeks later...

Laughing at Bergevin for this is so stupid lmao

Dude has the biggest balls (and arms) in the league and showed it. He was getting Aho for basically nothing or...just getting nothing while losing nothing.

Waddell needed Bergevin to get his superstar under contract. I'll never stop laughing at trying to sign Sebastian Aho to a fucking 6M x 8 years contract.