New Update System

Beketov

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Will Will this new system have something in place to deal with GMs with 2 players? I know we can link a player to the portal, but only 1. That's how it is with SCORacing too, it only has 1 guy linked.

GM 2nd players should be ❌

6 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

GM player ❌

GM player automatically goes to your team ❌

I think you overestimate the motivation to run a team if your player isn't on it lol.

There may be a few members willing to do it, but not many.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

I think you overestimate the motivation to run a team if your player isn't on it lol.

There may be a few members willing to do it, but not many.

True I tend to think of my players separate of my team

35 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

True I tend to think of my players separate of my team

Yeah, and that's fair. I just think that a lot of guys already feel that it's hard enough to build a good team. If you don't even get your own player, it dis-incentivizes it and we'd be looking hard for new GMs.

• Commissioner
13 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

new update system? better go back to being inactive

I promise we aren’t changing the scale or anything like that. Just making everything easier and cleaner for everyone.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Donno100 said:

That's great and all... But when's the Announcement for the Announcement that's being Announced after the Announcement for the Announcement that's tomorrow's Announcement? 

To be fair this wasn’t really an announcement, more of just a notice to go along with the announcement.

• Commissioner
Just now, Donno100 said:

I can't believe you missed the joke entirely.

1496260536168.jpg.9ac05729d7d65c72b5dc7b8c4a1fd2ed.jpg

Nah, I got it. Just wanted to be clear to people that I never intended this to be any more than the minor notice it is.

2 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

look at this slacker. announcement tomorrow rather than right now

It's going to be a lot easier to update. Just some clicks, from what I can guess.

Take a look at SCORacing's update system. https://www.scoracing.com/product-category/scor-store/

It's like shopping on Amazon or something. You add attributes to your cart.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's going to be a lot easier to update. Just some clicks, from what I can guess.

Take a look at SCORacing's update system. https://www.scoracing.com/product-category/scor-store/

It's like shopping on Amazon or something. You add attributes to your cart.

That’s more of what we have in mind for the eventual player store update but kinda the right idea.

So I see the update system is up and running on the portal. I also see that you can view other player's update histories.

I'm just curious, since there's a thing in place there where it says, "approved by" etc. How does it bode for reviewing? It that scrapped and everything is approved by the updaters now? Since they will have to be the ones approving it, meaning they have to review the articles.

I know nothing has been announced or anything about it all yet, so I'm just throwing the question out there in case it hasn't been gone over.

• Senior Admin
4 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

So I see the update system is up and running on the portal. I also see that you can view other player's update histories.

I'm just curious, since there's a thing in place there where it says, "approved by" etc. How does it bode for reviewing? It that scrapped and everything is approved by the updaters now? Since they will have to be the ones approving it, meaning they have to review the articles.

I know nothing has been announced or anything about it all yet, so I'm just throwing the question out there in case it hasn't been gone over.

I don't think it changes anything for reviewing - even as it is now people can claim their PT's as soon as they submit without having to wait for a review. The approved by is just saying the updater approved the update - they would check the link and make sure it's actually a Media Spot or whatever but they wouldn't 'review' it per say. 

So yeah I think reviewing carries on normally. Announcement soon.

14 hours ago, Donno100 said:

That's great and all... But when's the Announcement for the Announcement that's being Announced after the Announcement for the Announcement that's tomorrow's Announcement? 

That will be announced shortly.