The one about Updating

Will

5 hours ago, Will said:

Also wasn't the change that allowed 2000 word media spots only made like 2-3 seasons ago? Nobody had an issue with 'parts' before then, but of course it's always easier to give things out then take them away ? 

I had an issue with parts before then. The newer system was honestly one of the things that convinced me to come back.

4 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

I had an issue with parts before then. The newer system was honestly one of the things that convinced me to come back.

I wonder if this system allows you to post a link more than once? I mean, if it's 2000 words, then you can just post it in 4 different weeks. 

Or something. 

8 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

Yeah when I was first getting back into the swing of things, Chris telling me that was a thing was one of the reasons I stuck. Now I don't think I'm particularly in danger of leaving if it goes, but I doubt I'd have come back as strongly had that not been a rule at the time. I have a suspicion public opinion will be pretty strong, so let's just hope the results of the poll matter, once it goes up

I've never been against claiming big media for multiple weeks, but at least for myself, writing 1000+ words every 2 weeks, or 2000 a month is more draining to me than writing 500 every week. I don't know why that is, but that's how it is for me. :lol: I just don't have the motivation or really the ideas to write over 2000 in one go.

Although, that's basically why I started learning more about Photoshop. I was tired of writing new shit every week. I can only do fake interviews and stat breakdowns so many times before I need a break!

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I wonder if this system allows you to post a link more than once? I mean, if it's 2000 words, then you can just post it in 4 different weeks. 

Or something. 

I think they mentioned something about a validator that would probably prevent that from working.

• Senior Admin
6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Or something. 

2 minutes ago, Hybrid1486 said:

I think they mentioned something about a validator that would probably prevent that from working.

Yes, when you submit something it will check all your previous links of that type against the link your submitting. For the amount of people that utilize those multi-week media spots I don't think its worth breaking the validation, but as Quik said if we did continue to allow them we could just require people to comment in the article each time they go to claim one and link to the comment instead. 

7 minutes ago, Will said:

Yes, when you submit something it will check all your previous links of that type against the link your submitting. For the amount of people that utilize those multi-week media spots I don't think its worth breaking the validation, but as Quik said if we did continue to allow them we could just require people to comment in the article each time they go to claim one and link to the comment instead. 

True.

You could have a post for Claim Week 1, Claim Week 2, etc. It'll keep track of what and how many weeks it's for that way as well.

Just adding comments to the post would be an easy work around. I can understand why the feature would be on the chopping block but I did like it when my long winded self would write a regular article then realize I'm at 950 words and can just add a little fluff to get double credit ?

1 minute ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Question @Will

PT week is Monday-Sunday. On the claim page, we have to put Sunday as a date. Is that for week ending or week beginning? For example, for 6/18-6/24, do I put in 6/17 or 6/24?

I did week ending. 6/24

Edited by omgitshim

• Senior Admin
49 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Question @Will

PT week is Monday-Sunday. On the claim page, we have to put Sunday as a date. Is that for week ending or week beginning? For example, for 6/18-6/24, do I put in 6/17 or 6/24?

Week ended yes

7 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I don’t doubt you put a lot of work into this, but have you considered player store purchases, specifically the ones that give you +2 attribute points?

Very strong point from a new member....

:th_costanzaWTF:

But good point, punk. you have the potential to be a really good member.. or bad.. 

:holtzhappy:

Edited by Banackock

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

now I realize the timing was very unfortunate cause I can't write shit now and I still had one week from previous article. smh

If you had a week leftover you can still use it.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Very strong point from a new member....

:th_costanzaWTF:

But good point, punk. you have the potential to be a really good member.. or bad.. 

:holtzhappy:

I realize his post was deleted but yes, we have considered it. We can manually edit any player we want so +2 from the store will just be manually added. At least until we figure out a store system.

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

now I realize the timing was very unfortunate cause I can't write shit now and I still had one week from previous article. smh

Make a comment in your article and link to the comment.

2 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Like the new update procedure. Would love to have no time frame placed on the weekly PT updates now ie. Have to have em in by Sunday. Just get em in when you can and post the week your updating for. Even if you post two weekly updates in one week etc.

Hmm, that's a tricky one.

I believe it's still going to be checked that your PTs are being posted within the week you're claiming them for. That would be cool to be able to make 2 PTs in 1 week, then claim 1 this week and 1 last week.

I think that would cause a lot of trouble though. People would be inactive and then come back...posting like 5 PTs and back-claiming them all. It would get out of hand eventually, I'd think.

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Hmm, that's a tricky one.

I believe it's still going to be checked that your PTs are being posted within the week you're claiming them for. That would be cool to be able to make 2 PTs in 1 week, then claim 1 this week and 1 last week.

I think that would cause a lot of trouble though. People would be inactive and then come back...posting like 5 PTs and back-claiming them all. It would get out of hand eventually, I'd think.

There’s no validation for what week things were posted, that’s still on the updaters to take a look at. It does stop you from posting multiple PT’s within the same “week ending” though.

• Commissioner
27 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Is it possible to get an alert on the forum that your update has been approved? Not a huge deal to have to check manually, but may be nice.

Overall impressed with the tool though.

It’s one of the improvements we’re looking to make because we did consider it but we couldn’t find an elegant solution as of yet and wanted to get the system out there.

• Senior Admin
30 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Is it possible to get an alert on the forum that your update has been approved? Not a huge deal to have to check manually, but may be nice.

Overall impressed with the tool though.

I won't be able to do forum notifications because IPB gives no way of interacting with them. But I am looking to at least give notifications on the Portal.