Questions about carry over

Not really a suggestion or complaint... but more of a question.

Is there a particular reason that you keep 8% of your TPE retiring in the 6th or 7th season, but that number drops to 7% if you retire in your 8th?

that just seems backwards to me.

• If you retire during your 6th season or 6th Off-Season of play you may retain 8% of your TPE to carry over from your former player to your new player
  • If you retire during your 7th season or 7th Off-Season of play you may retain 8% of your TPE to carry over from your former player to your new player
  • If you retire during your 8th season or 8th Off-Season of play (which is also the forced retirement point as you can not play more than 8 seasons) you may retain 7% of your TPE to carry over from your former player to your new player

• Commissioner

Originally it was created as incentive to go for slightly shorter careers to help with member turnover. At that stage you’re talking such a small difference that carryover is about the same anyway. Since you lose 1% but have an extra season to earn. So if you have, for example, 8% of 1000 that’s 80 so the max at 75. If you gain an extra 120 (reasonable) in your last season 7% of 1120 is 78 so still the max.

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

yea, that's kind of what I assumed.  Was just running the numbers myself and its ~950 to get max.  But I was just curious lol. 

Thank you!

1065 actually since max is 75. Assuming you’re in year 8 anyway. I had exactly 1000 with Holik so that was 70.

• Commissioner
18 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Should we look at raising the max? With the new update scale, I would figure it's easier to reach 1065, and also easier to catch up for new players even with a bit more carryover TPE.

Personally I’m not sure if we should raise the max HOWEVER we are discussing making carryover the proper amount again. 75 Mac was introduced when starting TPE was 0 but never adjusted when it went to 30. So that starting bonus of max carryover used to be a 75 TPE advantage, now it’s only 45. I think a more reasonable approach than raising it is to simply have carryover be added onto your starting TPE meaning max carryover players would start with 105 instead of 75.

How implications of this are being looked at.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Personally I’m not sure if we should raise the max HOWEVER we are discussing making carryover the proper amount again. 75 Mac was introduced when starting TPE was 0 but never adjusted when it went to 30. So that starting bonus of max carryover used to be a 75 TPE advantage, now it’s only 45. I think a more reasonable approach than raising it is to simply have carryover be added onto your starting TPE meaning max carryover players would start with 105 instead of 75.

How implications of this are being looked at.

I like this

1 hour ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

Just make it a 100 flat @Beketov

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Flat makes no sense??? Unless I misunderstand.

I assume make the cap 100 instead of 105 in your proposal since it's a round and easy to remember number.

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

I assume make the cap 100 instead of 105 in your proposal since it's a round and easy to remember number.

That would make more sense. I’ve been drinking so my brain is saying he means all carryover is 100 which would be rather ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BOOM™ said:

Might be off topic, but how is carryover handled on the portal when updating?

there's an option if you're creating your first player or 2nd player+ and 2nd player option lets you put carryover