Long PT Format: Poll

Beketov

Long PT Format: Poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner

So, as we established, the posting of longer PT’s to stretch multiple weeks was more beloved than we thought when we intended to scrap it. As promised, we will take public opinion into account so feel free to vote here on how you’d like things to work. I can’t promise we’ll do exactly what the poll results indicate but they will definitely help us get a wider view of how the league uses the features.

Chances are if we were to keep them we’d go with @Quik‘s suggest for comments indicating the weekly claims which is more or less what i said to do with leftover ones so it should work.

I voted 2. I imagine it translates better to podcasts than it does to graphics, but I'm sure we can come up with a way to make it work.

I'm really not pushing for this to get any sort of advantage, or to just drop something and bounce for a month. I really do find it easier on me to write something longer and just claim it over multiple weeks. I probably could move to posting things in parts, but I really don't like doing that. I remember about 40 seasons ago I used to do a recap of award predictions, and it got to the point where I was finishing up the series around the trade deadline. Nobody wants to read about the previous season's awards when the next season's playoffs are on the horizon. If y'all are worried about sustained activity, there's still VHL.com articles, fantasy, and trivia to keep people around during the off weeks, not to mention the games themselves.

If graphics people and podcasters could benefit from the system, I'm all for that. If they want to keep working weekly, I'm all for that as well. If you want to install a cap of 2 or 3 weeks per piece, I could probably live with that.

Provisions to graphics and shit - though, a single graphic shouldn’t equal a 2,000 word article.

If they made a group of them - say 3, then sure. For a podcast, obviously length would matter. 

I like the current system. Makes the league less tedious and straining - while keeping around the acitivity. You can’t really be concerned about activity in that section anyway. You kissed that good by once people were allowed to do work in another league, contribute there - do absolutely zero here and still claim as if they were a loyal, determined and consistently active member in the VHL. However, I see the point though, is there really that many members that joined from those leagues?? Or did VHLers more so just take advantage of it?? 

Either way, I’m good for keeping it the same with minor provisions to the other major PT’s. 

• Commissioner
25 minutes ago, Banackock said:

You kissed that good by once people were allowed to do work in another league, contribute there - do absolutely zero here and still claim as if they were a loyal, determined and consistently active member in the VHL. However, I see the point though, is there really that many members that joined from those leagues??

We did not kiss anything goodbye and we definitely have members that make use of it which means that we definitely have members coming in who would normally not have.