Jake Davis - Press Conference

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you think you can repeat your last season performance?

2. Is Stopko the only reason why Seattle couldn't get past Calgary?

3. Your thoughts about the future of Seattle?

4. Your thoughts about the team that drafted you, Toronto?

5. Will you make sure to not do the same mistake with lines like your predecessor a.k.a. Barzal fan?

• Commissioner

1. Do you think you can repeat your last season performance?

I think I can definitely repeat but more likely top it. While I was on the top Power play last season, I spent the bulk of the time on the second forward line. With a promotion up to the first line my goal this year is to hit 100 for the first time.

2. Is Stopko the only reason why Seattle couldn't get past Calgary?

I think it was a combination of things with the source being Calgary's confidence based on their goaltending. At a certain point it just gets in your head.

3. Your thoughts about the future of Seattle?

I think we look good for the next little while. I've signed on for this season and next to follow that through. Without our superstar from last season retired it'll be interesting to see how we adjust but also have a solid player that we've just drafted.

4. Your thoughts about the team that drafted you, Toronto?

I appreciate Toronto for everything they did for me but also glad to have been moved out before the big management change. 

5. Will you make sure to not do the same mistake with lines like your predecessor a.k.a. Barzal fan?

That first season Barzal would submit lines to me through message and just generally we were on different pages. After that first season I created an online template to support collaboration between us and I haven't had any issues with it since S62.

1. How are you finding the GM role?

Love the challenge, it's also forced a new level of engagement from me that I'm enjoying and becoming accustomed too. Interesting working with new players and helping them get started.

2. How are you finding the bankers role?

The start of the last offseason was a bit of a mess but this time went a lot more smooth, even considering that it was mainly around the holidays and I've been away a lot.

3. Expectations for your player this season? 

I'm hoping to hit the 100pt mark and just be a reliable player. I've seen the biggest improvement in my ability this offseason and think I can make it to top 3 in scoring.

4. How do the Bears do? 

Anything short of making it to the finals is a disappointment this season. Not sure if any moves need to be made to get there but I think we just have to go for it.

5. Any early predictions?

Bears = Cup. Davis = 100pts. Davis = 40 goals. Brick Wahl achieves the highest league average for GAA on a season with 5.0. I fly home from this vacation and don't die. Some are more important than others.

13 answers banked.

Edited by Reives

1 hour ago, Reives said:

5. Any early predictions?

Bears = Cup. Davis = 100pts. Davis = 40 goals. Brick Wahl achieves the highest league average for GAA on a season with 5.0. I fly home from this vacation and don't die. Some are more important than others.

Not going to happen, I only had 3 players on Stockholm in Stopko's first season and had a GAA under 3, Wahl has Canmore and a full team. Calgary probably isn't the worst team in the league at this point.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Bushito said:

Not going to happen, I only had 3 players on Stockholm in Stopko's first season and had a GAA under 3, Wahl has Canmore and a full team. Calgary probably isn't the worst team in the league at this point.

Haha no doubt, just wanted to throw some shade. Thanks for reading.