Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus??

• Admin
14 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Big for the Serie A, bad for him imo

I can see the logic for him. Imagine if he leads a 3rd club in a 3rd country to the champions league. Especially one with a bit of a mental block when it comes to Champions League finals.

That would be unreal legendary status.

39 minutes ago, Victor said:

I can see the logic for him. Imagine if he leads a 3rd club in a 3rd country to the champions league. Especially one with a bit of a mental block when it comes to Champions League finals.

Oh that would be insane and pretty incredible from someone who already can be told to be the best player ever (its hard to compare but he's obviously very much in that conversation).

I just fear that maybe that league is still very defensive and it could hurt his stats? I might be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Missed a pen in the final in 2008. Choker.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Oh that would be insane and pretty incredible from someone who already can be told to be the best player ever (its hard to compare but he's obviously very much in that conversation).

I just fear that maybe that league is still very defensive and it could hurt his stats? I might be wrong though.

It's become very high scoring in recent years and playing on Juventus should see him get enough chances. I'd actually be more interested to see how he'd fit in with Juve being all about the defensive work, presumably they'd have to put him up front since he's not gonna track back.

On the whole though, there are so many fascinating aspects to this that I absolutely want it to happen now. And with Buffon just gone to PSG, the potential final there is just wonderful.

• Admin
7 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Is there a trusted site you guys use for transfer news?

So I probably get most my info from Twitter and it was a case of trial and error to follow people who aren't full of shit.

The single most reliable source for me is Gianluca Di Marzio. Don't think I've ever seen him 100% confirm something that doesn't eventually happen. Is Italian and primarily Italian speaking but has an English speaking wing which is led by a guy called David Amoyal.

Is also Italian centric which works for me but covers the major stuff too which in the case of Ronaldo goes hand in hand.

For more broad coverage, the best I think for me are Guardian and surprisingly ESPN. They will be more hit and miss but they both have some of the best writers around (some overlap) and some in the know on certain teams.

On 7/7/2018 at 3:50 PM, Victor said:

Because of 3 or so posts up.

Also Spanish taxes and general failing out.

That's what made sense for me; don't feel like he leaves if the tax evasion thing never comes to light. I hope they move Toni to an EPL team while they're unloading stars, because I've always wanted to root for my boy in England.