Expanding the VHLM

We are at max capacity in the VHLM right now even with teams dropping inactives. 

Next season we should introduce another team to help balence Ice time and give new players a place to play.

2 Teams might actually be better. 

Thoughts?

The site has been very dead lately hopefully this will spark some activity and debates.

What past and or new teams would you like to see?

21 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

We do have a ton of new players, so it's definitely a good idea to at least throw out there. I don't know what users would be candidates to GM though. Possibly Pandar, considering he was good as a WOrld Cup GM.

A majority go inactive. Until retention improves, I'd vote no. Or we stock up on younger players. Lots were inactive. We booted lots off Oslo. Sure, lots join, 98% also leave though. 

11 minutes ago, Banackock said:

A majority go inactive. Until retention improves, I'd vote no. Or we stock up on younger players. Lots were inactive. We booted lots off Oslo. Sure, lots join, 98% also leave though. 

Recruitment is also continuous so we are roughly half way through a season and all teams are filled to the brim.....

Ive delayed several recruitment ideas beacuse of this fact to me it makes sense to at least add one if not two.

25 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

And not dumb shit like Minot.

Philadelphia

Houston

Des Moines

San Deigo

Scottsdale

Memphis

Baltimore

Or.....

Vancouver

Victoria

Richmond

Edmonton

Calgary

Red Deer

Regina 

etc

14 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

There are 3 American teams (one of which is Vegas...bleh) 6 Canadian teams, and the rest are international. USA is underrepresented. 

What about we settle on the Dubai Billionaires 

2 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Recruitment is also continuous so we are roughly half way through a season and all teams are filled to the brim.....

Ive delayed several recruitment ideas beacuse of this fact to me it makes sense to at least add one if not two.

Filled to the brim, but how many of those players are active or will remain to be active next season? The issue prior was too many inactive players cluttering teams (in potentially both the VHLM and VHL). Thus, we lost teams.

Recruitment is continuous, yep. You've done good. Retention is something else though. No point adding a team to have them go 6-62-4 and have 1 active player and 6 inactive on their team. 

I haven't given it a good look, only speaking off the top of my head but last I looked, a lot were inactive or heavily semi-active. I would give it another season or recruitment and retention if so. 

The revolving door isn't strong enough unless recruitment continues this way. Say it stops or slows down and all the new guys move into the VHL. We're back to square one until the recycle resets again. 

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

We do have a ton of new players, so it's definitely a good idea to at least throw out there. I don't know what users would be candidates to GM though. Possibly Pandar, considering he was good as a WOrld Cup GM.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I don't have time to take on another GM / administrative sim league position, especially not an entry level one... a good VHLM GM needs to be able to give a lot of attention to new players and guiding guys through how the site operates, and I can't take that on right now.  Sorry :( 

Based off this:

A heavy majority are inactive. 47 haven’t updated yet, I guess 5 haven’t for weeks and 20 have “current update” having 11 below 100 TPE. Remove the 47 inactive and divide those 31 by the VHL teams and you have 6 players a piece. 

Now whatever from last years group and boom. That’s just say another 6 all around and you have 12 players a team.

Doesnt sound like growing the league is quite needed. If recruitment slows down or let’s say isn’t as effective some seasons (or retention), then these numbers strongly dip and you’re left with low numbers and rosters. 

We retire ire every 8. We need the number of “every retirement” to keep growing - growing the cycle to expand. Not just 2 good recruitment seasons imo. 

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Based off this:

A heavy majority are inactive. 47 haven’t updated yet, I guess 5 haven’t for weeks and 20 have “current update” having 11 below 100 TPE. Remove the 47 inactive and divide those 31 by the VHL teams and you have 6 players a piece. 

Now whatever from last years group and boom. That’s just say another 6 all around and you have 12 players a team.

Doesnt sound like growing the league is quite needed. If recruitment slows down or let’s say isn’t as effective some seasons (or retention), then these numbers strongly dip and you’re left with low numbers and rosters. 

We retire ire every 8. We need the number of “every retirement” to keep growing - growing the cycle to expand. Not just 2 good recruitment seasons imo. 

Retention is definitely an issue. The majority of people seem to create a player and forget about it all together. Same thing happened in the S61 draft.

Although it's not some huge, glaring issue. It happens in a lot of leagues. Even if 1 guy stays out of 20, it's a good thing.

Why don't both teams be in New York because you can't have a sports league without 2 NY Teams!

(If you don't get it, New York has 2 NHL Teams and 2 MLB Teams.)

Or we could have one of them be the Kansas City Giants cause everything is bigger in Texas!

Or even better, I saw Dtayl's response and I agree: BALTIMORE! BALTIMORE!

Edited by SlapshotDragon

I think its best to wait until the start of S62 before there is another VHLM team(s) added to the game. This way we'll see who has stuck around out of all the new members and which ones have remained inactives.

Btw, if expansion happens: Hartford, Winnipeg, New England, Minnesota, Atlanta and Cincinnati would be good places for expansion.

1 hour ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

I think its best to wait until the start of S62 before there is another VHLM team(s) added to the game. This way we'll see who has stuck around out of all the new members and which ones have remained inactives.

Btw, if expansion happens: Hartford, Winnipeg, New England, Minnesota, Atlanta and Cincinnati would be good places for expansion.

I was thinking Austin or Hartford.

God damn it I want to start a team from the ground up.

DELAY THIS IDEA FOR LIKE 10 SEASONS.