Cayden Saint Press Conference

1. Are you happy on how Kinkaid´s career went in VHL?

2.  You reckon Kinkaid will play hockey in some other league around the world after retiring from VHL or is this the end to playing hockey on professional level?

3. Cayden Saint, does the last name say something on what kind of player he is?

4. Draft is not so far away, when you think you will be picked?

5. Any players in your draft class that you got a friendly competition with on who will get picked earlier?

On 7/17/2018 at 2:11 PM, jRuutu said:

1. Are you happy on how Kinkaid´s career went in VHL?

Overall I think it was pretty good. 1 really good season, this last one is looking positive for Calgary. When I had started his career I had maybe a bit higher hopes, but really still a pretty good career.

2.  You reckon Kinkaid will play hockey in some other league around the world after retiring from VHL or is this the end to playing hockey on professional level?

I don't expect to see the ice anywhere other than maybe some beer leagues here or there.

3. Cayden Saint, does the last name say something on what kind of player he is?

Depends how you look at it. It doesn't really match if you take it at it's face value, but he wears #14 for a reason, nicknamed because of his last name and number match the legendary Titan from the Destiny games. In that way, it tells you how he plays.

4. Draft is not so far away, when you think you will be picked?

This looks like a pretty good draft class, and I started behind for sure, so probably like an early 2nd round pick. It would be cool to climb to the first round but I don't have much for expectations there.

5. Any players in your draft class that you got a friendly competition with on who will get picked earlier?

No, I mean I'd like to get picked before a lot of players, but like I said before I started late for a player in this draft class, missed 30 games in the VHLM, so I didn't really jump in at the start with the other guys.

1.  Question for Cayden: You got 2 assists last game while Leph Twinger was on the ice.  What's it like playing with the obvious #1 overall draft pick?

2.  Question for Cayden: Did you know you are on pace for leading the team in Shot blocks (assuming you'd started Day 1)?  Does that surprise you?

3.  Question for Symmetrik: What program did you use to make your two graphics for Cayden?  Do you recommend it?

4.  Question for Symmetrik: Any significance to the name, Cayden?

5.  Question for Symmetrik:  You started late in the season, you think that will affect Saint's upcoming draft position?

38 minutes ago, Elhandon said:

1.  Question for Cayden: You got 2 assists last game while Leph Twinger was on the ice.  What's it like playing with the obvious #1 overall draft pick?

It's obviously great to be able to play with a player of his caliber, he's going to be the #1 pick for a reason. The whole team in Yukon is awesome. There a ton of outstanding players and they all help to make me better. It's great to be able to play for a team like that.

saving the other questions for next week

On 7/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, Elhandon said:

2.  Question for Cayden: Did you know you are on pace for leading the team in Shot blocks (assuming you'd started Day 1)?  Does that surprise you?

I didn't know that. Since I didn't start day 1 I didn't really look at what could have been, but I'm more defensively minded so I expected to be doing pretty good on the shot block side of things.

3.  Question for Symmetrik: What program did you use to make your two graphics for Cayden?  Do you recommend it?

I just used Photoshop, with Topaz Labs. Photoshop obviously everyone knows about and knows what it is. Topaz Labs is great tool to give things that final polish, it's basically a bunch of filters, I mostly use them to just crispen up the final sig. It really helps make things pop.

4.  Question for Symmetrik: Any significance to the name, Cayden?

Not really, just looking for something that flowed off the tongue well with Saint as a last name. I pulled it from Cayde-6 in the Destiny universe.

5.  Question for Symmetrik:  You started late in the season, you think that will affect Saint's upcoming draft position?

It definitely will since I didn't get to the same TPE levels as others. I started pretty late so I mean we'd looking at probably 20 TPE at least that I missed, but I didn't get stuff like fantasy or predictions claimable at the end of the season.

@Symmetrik, since you only need 2 more for the extra TPE this week

1. You've been pretty consistent in bringing in TPE since you declared for the draft, do you think you can have a better career than your predecessor, Michael Kinkaid?
  2. If you could have one hour with any person in the world, who would it be, and what would be the context of the meeting?

On 7/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, Quik said:
  1. You've been pretty consistent in bringing in TPE since you declared for the draft, do you think you can have a better career than your predecessor, Michael Kinkaid?

I think so, I had a decent start with Kinkaid, but with the partnerships now it makes is much easier to stay with consistent growth.

2. If you could have one hour with any person in the world, who would it be, and what would be the context of the meeting?

I would spend the hour alone because everyone sucks and I would probably take a nap or something

1. Is Cayden into Fall Out Boy? I saw his name and immediately thought "This Saint a Scene".

2. What kind of player do you see Saint becoming?

3. What's the biggest weakness in his game at the moment?

4. Is there a particular VHL team you'd like to play for?

5. Who is the toughest player to play against?

6. If you had to fight someone, who you got?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 1:21 AM, omgitshim said:

1. Is Cayden into Fall Out Boy? I saw his name and immediately thought "This Saint a Scene".

2. What kind of player do you see Saint becoming?

3. What's the biggest weakness in his game at the moment?

4. Is there a particular VHL team you'd like to play for?

5. Who is the toughest player to play against?

6. If you had to fight someone, who you got?

1. Sure, I guess, like most bands it depends more on the song than the band.

2. A great defenseman who can prevent opportunities and make a quick breakout in transition

3. Offensive ability for sure, defense and other are well rounded but passing/scoring is lagging behind.

4. I have no preference of VHL team to play for and whoever drafts me drafts me.

5. It's hard to pick just one, there's so many ways you could answer that question. Talent wise there are some guys who are just so skilled it's tough to match up against them, or guys who are are so physically rough that it's physically tough to play against.

6. I try to avoid spending the 5 minutes in the box, but if I did I would hope I could at least fight someone who's worth taking to the box and also probably unlikely to punch me very hard.

NEW WEEK, NEW QUESTIONS! OH FUUUUCK YA

1. What are your thoughts on the league so far?

2. Does your player have any PREGAME routines? Superstitions? 

3. If you could compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be and why?

4. IF your player was to get involved with a celebrity (relationship wise), who would it be??? ;) 

5. Any suggestions as a new member to improve the site, make things easier or to better accommodate you?

@Symmetrik

On 8/13/2018 at 7:38 PM, Banackock said:

NEW WEEK, NEW QUESTIONS! OH FUUUUCK YA

1. What are your thoughts on the league so far?

2. Does your player have any PREGAME routines? Superstitions? 

3. If you could compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be and why?

4. IF your player was to get involved with a celebrity (relationship wise), who would it be??? ;) 

5. Any suggestions as a new member to improve the site, make things easier or to better accommodate you?

@Symmetrik

1. It's been a pretty competitive start to the season so far, the league seems well balanced and unlike last season should be much closer. Expanding to 6 is exciting too.

2. Not really much for routines, even superstitions nothing major, but just in a calming system, methodically will always put his equipment on in the same order.

3. Zdeno Chara I guess. Not the same size, but otherwise the great well rounded defenseman with the great physical power, he can just outmuscle anyone.

4. Definitely, Danielle Campbell.

5. Not a new member so I guess not.

4) What do you think of your team's locker room forum? Anything you'd like to see added to it?

It's pretty good. Would be nice to have it at the top instead of the bottom. It's one of the most important things but it's stuck underneath everything else.

Edited by Symmetrik