Where should a New Franchise go?

Beaviss

Where should they go?   

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also, we currently have 19 players over 100 TPE that are S68 eligible, and many that are very close. By the time the draft rolls around, we could have 30+ players above or very near the cap. Add on a ton of other draft eligible players who are recently joined/will join before the deadline? I think you could definitely fill 2 expansion teams with an expansion draft and the entry draft. 

I believe there has been a true lack of Florida teams in VHL and VHLM, so there should be an addition to that. I have been looking into interesting options and why not make Fort Myers an interesting spot for a new franchise?

I am not much of a GFX guy (I can use paint effectively) so I won't include a logo for the team, but as @Positivefan036 talked about pirates I had a vision that went like this...

"Deep in the bay, near the town of Fort Myers, where filth and scum gathered around

Group of raiders and pillagers changed their life and became known by every parrot and hound

Their faces had never seen suns shining light

And their swords never humbled of their might

Their flag so mighty and pure in an instance blinded their adversaries away

And so the legend started and grew  of Privateers from Fort Myers bay"

Or if you still didn't get it - Fort Myers Privateers

Edited by FrostBeard

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Markoovskyz said:

It's just my thoughts but it would be cool see team in Quebec. ( VHL or VHLM )

And also somewhere in sunny Florida! :)

From the original S31 expansion until 2 seasons ago there was a team in Quebec. The Vancouver Wolves were originally the Quebec City Meute but we relocated the team.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

From the original S31 expansion until 2 seasons ago there was a team in Quebec. The Vancouver Wolves were originally the Quebec City Meute but we relocated the team.

Ohh... I think Miami would be a cool place! 

And also @Motzaburger made a cool post where he was talking about where can create new teams in USA. You need to give him a chance to create a new team! :) (just my thoughts)

8 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

Somewhere in the US, we're pretty under-represented in the grand scope of things. My vote would probably be for Milwaukee, WI.

GMing a team sounds interesting, I've been thinking about how cool it would be to have a second player, and to be able to look at things with more of a long-term approach.

To be fair, 7/15 NA teams isn't really that under-represented in the grand scope, considering the VHL is at least 50/50 in terms of North American users being from Canada/USA.

1 minute ago, Quik said:

To be fair, 7/15 NA teams isn't really that under-represented in the grand scope, considering the VHL is at least 50/50 in terms of North American users being from Canada/USA.

i think its more of a there's only 2 teams in the US

Somewhere where we can make them Pirates. Honestly Hawaii could be a really cool place. 

VHL is probably fine. Could expand to 12 teams.

VHLM could expand to 12 to even up or 14 if we feel we can sustain the recruitment levels

7 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

(and one is New York, so it hardly counts)

They're literally called the Americans tho

Give me Shanghai/Hong Kong/Beijing or give me death.

Just now, Esso2264 said:

i think its more of a there's only 2 teams in the US

In the VHL, yeah, but there's only 5 teams in NA there, so can't really say there's under representation when there's 40% of the available VHL slots in the US. As expansion continues, I'm sure there will be a larger US representation.

But when looking at the big picture, there's still 7/15 NA teams in the US (2+5), with another 7 in Canada. A big reason for the heavy American representation in the switch to an all NA VHLM was to bring that number closer to even. Oslo relocated to Minnesota, and Houston, Philly, and San Diego make up 3 of the 5 VHLM expansion franchises. That's 4 vs. 1 new American teams compared to new Canadian teams down there.

Motza will burn me for this but....

Hawaii is a stupid place to put a hockey team. It is probably the last state that should have a team.

1 hour ago, Positivefan036 said:

I think any team in the coastal US named the pirates would be cool

New Orleans has a lot of history with pirates just saying :)

BRING BACK THE CARIBBEAN PIRATES

Hawaii

St Louis

Baltimore

Chicago

Boston

Miami

all would be cool. I don’t think we have a team in any of those spots. We also could get more EU teams like Rome, Athens, or Paris. Also bring back the GOAT Franchise Vasteas

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Markoovskyz said:

About Europe:

Switzerland ( Bern )

Germany ( Berlin )

I think it would be cool see teams from there.

Like I said before thats only my thoughts :)

Davos is in Switzerland so it’s probably represented enough, but Germany is definitely on the list I’m sure.

2 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

I believe there has been a true lack of Florida teams in VHL and VHLM, so there should be an addition to that. I have been looking into interesting options and why not make Fort Myers an interesting spot for a new franchise?

I am not much of a GFX guy (I can use paint effectively) so I won't include a logo for the team, but as @Positivefan036 talked about pirates I had a vision that went like this...

"Deep in the bay, near the town of Fort Myers, where filth and scum gathered around

Group of raiders and pillagers changed their life and became known by every parrot and hound

Their faces had never seen suns shining light

And their swords never humbled of their might

Their flag so mighty and pure in an instance blinded their adversaries away

And so the legend started and grew  of Privateers from Fort Myers bay"

Or if you still didn't get it - Fort Myers Privateers

Why not West Kendall Platoon?