Happy Birthday VHL! Free stuff for all!

Beketov

• Commissioner

birthday-cake-vector.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know, today marks the VHL's 11th birthday as the original site was opened July 18th, 2007. Wow that's a long time.

In celebration of our site's birthday we figured it would be best to give out some free stuff because who doesn't like free stuff? So, in this topic, please share your fondest VHL memory, whatever that may be and irregardless of how long you've been here, and you'll receive 11 TPE (uncapped) free as well as a doubles week which can be used any time within the next month (week ending August 19th). That's the equivalent of 17 TPE for simply making 1 post and posting a PT as usual, seems like a pretty solid deal to me.

Had a lot in a short time here, but winning the founders cup in my first year with my first player was really cool.  Then getting named GM of the Las Vegas Aces, and then a short time later, GM of the New York Americans.  This place has been nothing but great!  Here's to 11 more years! :cheers:

200.gif

Just re-read the OP ?

Favourite memory? Probably winning the S1 Continental Cup. That shit was supposed to go to Calgary with how they dad-dicked the league that season. Shutting them down and winning the Playoff MVP was real cool.

Edited by Quik

• Commissioner

My best Memory is probably still being inducted as a builder in the HOF. Most take it for granted, especially now since I’ve gotten into the BOG and the blue team afterward, but it was a big deal for me. Up to that point no one had been inducted that wasn’t a GM, simmer, or commish at some point. It really made me realize that I hadn’t wasted all these years on nothing that impacted anyone and it felt great to get that little bit of recognition.

Also being draft 1st overall twice now, that’s fun.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Getting the first franchise in Seattle!

It was originally the Everglades wasn’t it? I think the name only lasted a season or two.

This place has taken over my life. Favorite moment is most likely becoming Commish of the VHLM everyone at the time thought it was a bad idea except @Frank hope I proved all the people wrong!

• Admin

11 fucking years. You know it felt like this league was around for ages when I joined it and it wasn't even 2 years old then.

Fondest memory - gonna go for a weird one here - stepping down as commish. The heartfelt messages I received then really made it all feel worthwhile. It still makes me hope one day I can dedicate myself to such a demanding role again as it's something that people really care about.

In before someone says that was also their fondest memory. :P

• Commissioner
Just now, Victor said:

11 fucking years. You know it felt like this league was around for ages when I joined it and it wasn't even 2 years old then.

Fondest memory - gonna go for a weird one here - stepping down as commish. The heartfelt messages I received then really made it all feel worthwhile. It still makes me hope one day I can dedicate myself to such a demanding role again as it's something that people really care about.

In before someone says that was also their fondest memory. :P

Ah, the end of the Victatorship. I remember it fondly.

• Commissioner
Just now, Victor said:

I assume the 17 TPE replaces the 6 TPE PT as well, but still 6 other weekly TPE to play with?

I probably wasn’t as clear as I should be.

11 TPE is uncapped. The extra 6 I mentioned is from a doubles week that can be used any time in the next month.

There has been a lot of nice and entertaining moments, winning the cup with both of my previous players and doing it with the teams that drafted me, but in the bigger picture writing articles and 500 words every week here has really improved my English skills, especially in written form. (Big thanks to Phil and Jala who checked my poorly written articles in the beginning, which made it possible for me to earn the max points)

My favorite moment was being named GM of Toronto way, way back in S24 or so...it didn't work out the way I would have hoped, but it was definitely the peak of my time in the league.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, der meister said:

For me, it’s meeting guys like @BOOM™ and @Phil. This league is nothing without its users, and these two guys are two of the best.

@Phil is definitely one of our best, I miss him. @BOOM™ too, the league’s best source for boobs. 

Can’t remember the season off-hand, but when I was GM for the Las Vegas Aces and we beat the Oslo Storm to get to the VHLM Final despite the fact we’d had like a third of their points during the regular season, that was a good memory.