Happy Birthday VHL! Free stuff for all!

Beketov

My favourite memory? My first VHL cup, on the Toronto Legion with my player Zach Parechkin. Played with Molholt, LeAndre St.Pierre, World B. Free, Black Velvet, Hans Wingate and more over those seasons that we won 3 cups in a row. The first one is always the sweetest though.

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

King of All S23.

To clarify for those who weren't here then:

S23 was the only season where there was an event called the Fyodorov Challenge. A former member named Nickbarr (whose time here ended rather unceremoniously, to say the least) held a challenge to predict different aspects of the finals series.

Within a few days span, I won the VHLM cup as GM (Ottawa Ice Dogs), the VHL cup as player (Lars Intranquilo on Calgary Wranglers), and the Fyodorov Challenge, in S23. Everything there was to win, I won. I immediately declared myself King of All S23.

My second stint as GM of New York.. I experienced some of my highest highs and lowest lows in the VHL. The incredible playoff run and four straight finals appearances losses. That period of time was my highest level of investment in the league, which made losing all those finals suck all the much more. But those were still some of my favorite seasons, with some awesome teammates.

• Senior Admin
8 hours ago, Victor said:

11 fucking years. You know it felt like this league was around for ages when I joined it and it wasn't even 2 years old then.

Fondest memory - gonna go for a weird one here - stepping down as commish. The heartfelt messages I received then really made it all feel worthwhile. It still makes me hope one day I can dedicate myself to such a demanding role again as it's something that people really care about.

In before someone says that was also their fondest memory. :P

My favorite memory is also when you stepped down as Commish ;)

1 hour ago, street said:

My second stint as GM of New York.. I experienced some of my highest highs and lowest lows in the VHL. The incredible playoff run and four straight finals appearances losses. That period of time was my highest level of investment in the league, which made losing all those finals suck all the much more. But those were still some of my favorite seasons, with some awesome teammates.

Lets hope we can top that in Quebec 

My best memory (and second best memory in any sim league, although it's very close) is winning a cup in Vasteras. I love the cups I've won in NY and Calgary, but the one in Vasteras meant so much, it's indescribable.