Happy Birthday VHL! Free stuff for all!

Beketov

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

One of my favorite memories was arguing with @JardyB10 about timezones and saying nothing else but EST mattered.

That was a classic! I also remember you got in that big fight with Sterling shortly after I joined, I found that entertaining. 

Real talk? My favorite memory in the VHL so far has been talking about joining up with @MWHazard and @Týr . Hazard kicked ass but Tyr and I got sideswiped and once again I find myself contemplating recreating and trying to ride this damn horse more than a mile. Still, I enjoyed conjuring up our plan, names, etc. Good times.

That and shooting the shit talking about Game of Thrones in like Season 3 last time I was just randomly on this site.

Fondest VHL memory? Probably winning the first one with NY in 32. But that is so typical. I will say the resurgence I had as GM and getting the Back to Backs with NY again and some very great members was awesome. Couldn't replicate the three-peat though. 

Realistically I'd say what I loved most about my tenure in the VHL was just gathering a good group of members together on a team and rallying towards a common cause. It is the greatest thing about sim leagues imo, when you can get a active GM an active team and have some other fellow active teams to rival against. It all goes just fast enough to keep enough people invested in the back n forth. 

Also....Happy 11 years, never thought this place would make it that long. Credit to all the people who keep doing hard jobs grinding away to keep this place running. :cheers: 

On 7/23/2018 at 9:04 PM, Devise said:

Fondest VHL memory? Probably winning the first one with NY in 32. But that is so typical. I will say the resurgence I had as GM and getting the Back to Backs with NY again and some very great members was awesome. Couldn't replicate the three-peat though. 

Realistically I'd say what I loved most about my tenure in the VHL was just gathering a good group of members together on a team and rallying towards a common cause. It is the greatest thing about sim leagues imo, when you can get a active GM an active team and have some other fellow active teams to rival against. It all goes just fast enough to keep enough people invested in the back n forth. 

Also....Happy 11 years, never thought this place would make it that long. Credit to all the people who keep doing hard jobs grinding away to keep this place running. :cheers: 

TLDR...

• 2 weeks later...

Been here for only a few days but I am loving what I see. Writing my player Biography was my favorite task so far... soon to be trumped by the VHLM draft!

Looking forward to the journey.

• Commissioner

At this point I would like to clarify that, being over two weeks removed from this, any new members joining after the birthday unfortunately cannot claim the 11 uncapped anymore.

However I am merciful. You may still claim the doubles week within the given deadline, so basically this week.

I registered two days ago, so I don't any fond memories to pick from. But I'll say this; the welcoming here was heartwarming. You guys are all super supportive and helpful towards new guys like me. Don't change that.

Hopefully, I'll have a couple more memories to share for 12th birthday!

On 8/8/2018 at 2:00 AM, Beketov said:

At this point I would like to clarify that, being over two weeks removed from this, any new members joining after the birthday unfortunately cannot claim the 11 uncapped anymore.

However I am merciful. You may still claim the doubles week within the given deadline, so basically this week.

The OP says Doubles Week eligibility ends on August 19th.

I kind of figured that's when the 11 TPE ended as well, considering there was no set date for that.

my favorite memory is the drunken discord chatting while a few people tried to explain the entire league process to like 6 new people who were there at once

or...getting shame drafted to the vhlm when Oslo picked me but it was never announced